IGNORED

Little Italy

ChiFlyer

Met up with a friend from the US who was in town for a few days. He suggested Little Italy in Pattaya for dinner. 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Italy/138693696300435

It is a small place on Second Road between sois 13/3 and 13/2. It is across the street from the Royal Garden.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Little+italy/@12.9283578,100.8791561,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x44229222c6ebdb73!8m2!3d12.9283578!4d100.8791561

Short story is that it was surprisingly good. They use home made pasta and my dish was done perfectly al dente. Prices were moderate compared to similar fare. My bill for 2 was 1100 baht including 3 glasses of wine.

I have several Italian restaurants in my lineup already, but if I was in the area i would return here again.

Here are a few of the dishes we had. There were 4 of us.

I had Pasta Norcini. This is a dish I make at home in the US and, although I like my version better, their's was good.

1899411911_LittleItaly-A.thumb.JPG.93b63f398ec37776a924439b066744cb.JPG

My lady friend had Mushroom Scallopini and said it was good.

1960235944_LittleItaly-B.thumb.JPG.f4b8d9c96f1f29ded7e1c2eb54a1ec85.JPG

My buddy's girl did Spaghetti and clams and it looked good as well.

667298744_LittleItaly-C.thumb.JPG.287e32c68bf40ab9ec9ba9a766f0761e.JPG

I forget what my buddy ordered, but here is a pic of it. I think this may have been a Marsala dish.

1557853751_LittleItaly-D.thumb.JPG.4310654b1eb04a31c6b9d3670858281a.JPG

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 3

Did I hear that this restaurant related to Grottino Osteria in Nalkua Soi 33? 

I've had good meals there. 

Edited by jiz

I really do not know the answer to either of your questions. Last night was the first time I had heard of the place, despite walking past it at least 50 times.

Maybe one of the other BMs could help out with the Qs.

To tell the truth, we got there by accident. My buddy had picked up on the wrong name and we got to this place by accident. :)

I started out with pretty low expectations after hearing that, but got a very pleasant surprise.

1 hour ago, jiz said:

Did I hear that this restaurant related to Grottino Osteria in Nalkua Soi 33? 

I've had good meals there. 

Yes, same owner....

8 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

You forgot to mention the excellent service from the staff ...

You are correct. It was very good.

We had people grounded in 3 different languages, so we would go back and forth between them and explain things on the menu to those less familiar with Italian food. The staff tried to help out and everything was brought to the table promptly and very well presented.

Edited by ChiFlyer

• 1 year later...

Little Italy - Pattaya Second Road

I remembered reading this thread so decided to try this place tonight.

I ordered Bruschetta to start followed by Tortellini, and a side salad to have with the pasta. I also had a bottle of water and a glass of House Red.

They put a basket of bread & butter on the table (no service charge). 

D8BFF73B-974F-4518-8A35-FC0972E5729A.jpeg

The Bruschetta was tasty and very crispy. Definitely one to pick up and eat and not use a knife and fork. It was a little dry though.

C9C98E90-E175-4CFD-946E-D8616355A29C.jpeg

The pasta came almost immediately they’d cleared the starter and the salad just after. It was a generous portion of pasta with a very nice sauce, though more sauce would have been good. The ham & peas were tough. The tortellini itself was OK, but no better than that. Maybe I was spoiled last week on my Qatar Air flight when the tortellini was to die for. This paled in comparison. The salad was a pretty basic side salad.

7E38166D-949A-4824-B2BA-CD2B9AAAA740.jpeg0B307DC6-11CF-4AE4-895E-62971DA41C75.jpeg

The House Red was a Cabernet and served at the correct temperature. It was fine.

The service was excellent. Understated but attentive.

My total bill was 820 baht.

Would I return to this restaurant? Possibly.

Would I order the same things again? No.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I like this place but I hate the Thai man at the door. Totally unfriendly and giving a bad experience for first timers... I usually completely ignore him.

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Would I return to this restaurant? Possibly.

Would I order the same things again? No.

If you make it back, I would recommend the Pasta Norcina. Also the Spaghetti with Clams dish looked very good as well. I am still trying to figure out why they tend to use Spaghetti with con Volge dishes in Thailand. It should be with Linguini as the ribbon pasta holds a wine sauce better. Geez, I am an old fuss bottom.

Am pretty sure you can just tell them which pasta you want, works for me every time.

That Clams dish, to me, looks  bland, maybe just the photo, could do with some color in the dish.

I've eaten at Little Italy a few times, and always enjoyed the place and their tasty food. Their waittesses also deserve a mention . They were  helpful , friendly , attentive and very pretty !!

• Like 2

I had a nice meal there in November.   Didn’t have any issues with the Thai guy and the girls were nice...sadly  I think they are genuinely “nice “ good girls.

12 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

If you make it back, I would recommend the Pasta Norcina. Also the Spaghetti with Clams dish looked very good as well. I am still trying to figure out why they tend to use Spaghetti with con Volge dishes in Thailand. It should be with Linguini as the ribbon pasta holds a wine sauce better. Geez, I am an old fuss bottom.

I’m not keen on mushrooms and don’t eat seafood at all - other than white fish.

Even more of a fuss bottom :P

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”