Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Vietnam state to run bride agency

KDNG

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7817818.stm

13:01 GMT, Thursday, 8 January 2009

Vietnam says it is planning to set up an official matchmaking agency to arrange marriages between Vietnamese women and foreign men.

The authorities say they want to regulate the sector, which they say is currently run by illegal groups.

Police have targeted events in recent years where dozens of women from poor backgrounds, seeking a better life, are paraded before potential suitors.

The men are often on short "marriage holidays" from South Korea and Taiwan.

Correspondents say that overseas marriage is seen by some women in Vietnam as a route out of poverty and the practice is widespread in some rural areas.

But many women fall foul of unscrupulous brokers and are sold into prostitution, while others are forced into marriages they do not want.

Vietnamese officials have now been told to make plans for a state-controlled matchmaking firm based in Ho Chi Minh City.

The government says it hopes the plan will help prevent the abuse of Vietnamese women by criminal organisations, or by their new husbands.

A practical move but I suspect that the government will be criticised for doing it for ulterior motives.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7817818.stm

13:01 GMT, Thursday, 8 January 2009

Vietnam says it is planning to set up an official matchmaking agency to arrange marriages between Vietnamese women and foreign men.

The authorities say they want to regulate the sector, which they say is currently run by illegal groups.

Police have targeted events in recent years where dozens of women from poor backgrounds, seeking a better life, are paraded before potential suitors.

The men are often on short "marriage holidays" from South Korea and Taiwan.

Correspondents say that overseas marriage is seen by some women in Vietnam as a route out of poverty and the practice is widespread in some rural areas.

But many women fall foul of unscrupulous brokers and are sold into prostitution, while others are forced into marriages they do not want.

Vietnamese officials have now been told to make plans for a state-controlled matchmaking firm based in Ho Chi Minh City.

The government says it hopes the plan will help prevent the abuse of Vietnamese women by criminal organisations, or by their new husbands.

Good on them, hope it makes alot of guys and gals happy! I'm sure it will if it happens!! :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F8soolsiIOo&...feature=related

2 All beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

oooh...nice. i have something to fall back to should Pattaya be no more...

Travel, Alcohol, Girls, Gym

w1370i.jpg

Hmmmm one day might have to pay a visit!

I am addicted to Pattaya Addicts, View New Content

Those viet ladies can be very beautiful and no sinsod??

Sounds good to me...................lol.

I am told that they make excellent wives, especially the Vietnamese Chinese ladies. I know a number of Vietnamese immigrants here in thre US as well as a guy with a Vietnamese wife. They all tell me to marry a Vietnamese woman: maybe I should listen to them.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you guys going to followup and post this link? I like Vietnamese ladies!

"Fuck your girlfriend like a whore and a whore like your girlfriend"

I'm pretty sure that you have to actually visit and spend time with the ladies, including trips to in-laws, etc. to keep it above board and prevent 'distance purchasing' for whatever reason. A friend has advised that you have to sample with caution in Vietnam as the culture of guest-friendly hotels in nowhere near as prevalent. Apparently there are more Vietnamese girls in Cambodia as it's easier for them to work without official intervention.