Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Beware the Tiger

REDDWARF62

I have flown the Perth-Singapore-Bangkok return route with Tiger Airways 2 times last year and have been very happy with them so far. Only problem was that they changed both return legs of my last flight without my consent and failed to notify me via email or mobile 3 days before i was due to return. Fortunately i checked my booking online 2 days before leaving and noticed the changes. On ringing Tiger to arrange more suitable return flights (without a 26 hour stop over in Singapore) no explanation of changes were given. Twenty minutes after finishing the call i received an email advising me of the initial changes. Sent a complaint email to tiger 2 months ago and im still waiting for a reply.

Also be aware at low cost terminal at Singapore all hand luggage is weighed on leaving and charges apply for exceeding 7KG.

Guy in front of me chucked a fit. (he had 13KG)

Anyone tried Air Asia Perth-KL-Bangkok. Any good. Would like to tryout the XL seats on Perth- KL route.

I have flown the Perth-Singapore-Bangkok return route with Tiger Airways 2 times last year and have been very happy with them so far. Only problem was that they changed both return legs of my last flight without my consent and failed to notify me via email or mobile 3 days before i was due to return. Fortunately i checked my booking online 2 days before leaving and noticed the changes. On ringing Tiger to arrange more suitable return flights (without a 26 hour stop over in Singapore) no explanation of changes were given. Twenty minutes after finishing the call i received an email advising me of the initial changes. Sent a complaint email to tiger 2 months ago and im still waiting for a reply.

Also be aware at low cost terminal at Singapore all hand luggage is weighed on leaving and charges apply for exceeding 7KG.

Guy in front of me chucked a fit. (he had 13KG)

Anyone tried Air Asia Perth-KL-Bangkok. Any good. Would like to tryout the XL seats on Perth- KL route.

13kg of hand luggage is taking the piss, dont you agree?

You have forgotten the face of your Father, maggot!

Dont avoid Tiger LaaMok. Just be alert to their short comings. Im using them again in March PTH-SING-BKK return. Cheapest fare to BKK from Perth. $700 return with 20KG check in luggage. Add another $64 for extra leg room in emergency exit seats or First row seats PTH to SING, SING to PTH.(money well spent if you like a bit of room to stretch out) Cant wait to return to Thailand. I think of little else since being there in November.

• 4 weeks later...
Anybody who charges extra for sitting at the emeregency exits is taking the piss!

Agreed, but even airlines like KLM doing just that.....

For Tiger and other low cost airliners, you have to read carefully their rules so you won;t have any surprises. But if you can, the leg room at Air Asia is better then with Tiger.