IGNORED

Cheapies in Soi 4.

Gone with the wind

Hi all,

Looking for a budget place along or just off Soi 4. I've stayed at The Swan Inn 4 before so something similar to that in terms of standard and price (800).

Swan Inn is booked and so far only found Nana City Inn, Nana Thai Mansion, White Orchid....

I remember seeing one decent looking place above a travel agent I think on the Nana hotel side between Hillary Bar and Swan 4 but can't remember the name.

Actually, I remember seeing quite a few little places tucked away but obviously I'm not very observant, am I? :GoldenSmile1:

Anyway, if some one can recommend the above places or any others that are cheap, cheerful and clean it will be greatly appreciated.

I arrive late at night and prefer to have a place secured rather than going about knocking on doors.

Cheers to all.

Hi all,

Looking for a budget place along or just off Soi 4. I've stayed at The Swan Inn 4 before so something similar to that in terms of standard and price (800).

Swan Inn is booked and so far only found Nana City Inn, Nana Thai Mansion, White Orchid....

I remember seeing one decent looking place above a travel agent I think on the Nana Hotel side between Hillary Bar and Swan 4 but can't remember the name.

Actually, I remember seeing quite a few little places tucked away but obviously I'm not very observant, am I? :Cry4:

Anyway, if some one can recommend the above places or any others that are cheap, cheerful and clean it will be greatly appreciated.

I arrive late at night and prefer to have a place secured rather than going about knocking on doors.

Cheers to all.

hi acoolbreeze,

I travel to Bangkok twice a year on business and pleasure and stay at Nana Condo 23/11 Sukhumvit Soi 4, convenient to everything (opposite Rajah hotel, a couple of hundred metres down Soi 4)..

Rooms cleaned every day, slow lift, air con, friendly, quiet whenever you want to sleep and internet available..

I have boxes of gear arriving regularly in the first week of my stay and then do packing in my room before they are all picked up to be sent by ship to Oz..Can be a real mess but they don't mind and the boss lady quite often takes messages for me and looks after deliveries if i'm not there..

Have been staying at Nana Condo for a few years now, never had any problems, i guess if it was'nt for the business side i would stay at a better place...

I pay 800B per night, assume that is normal unless she gives me a bit off being a regular ..(stayed there for 3 months in 2005)...

Shall be phoning in the next couple of days to book for next trip in Feb, if you want me to book for you let me know details...

All the best..Neville

Hi Niftynau,

Thanks for the information above, it sounds like a good place. However, I need to ask, how is the boss lady with regards to lady joiners for the night/morning? Does she mind? Is there an extra charge? Please let us know.

I normally stay at Nana hotel, which I did 7 times last year, but I'd like a cheaper alternative, especially as the pound has plummeted against the bhat.

Thank you kindly

Fly

Hi Niftynau,

Thanks for the information above, it sounds like a good place. However, I need to ask, how is the boss lady with regards to lady joiners for the night/morning? Does she mind? Is there an extra charge? Please let us know.

I normally stay at Nana Hotel, which I did 7 times last year, but I'd like a cheaper alternative, especially as the pound has plummeted against the bhat.

Thank you kindly

Fly

hi Fly,

Should have mentioned that in my previous reply to coolbreeze....girl friendly, absolutely no problem...Last trip in Aug/Sep some girls were actually operating a massage place on the 5th floor...

All the best..Nifty

Hello again Nifty,

Thanks for your prompt reply. This place sounds good to me, do you have a phone number/email or web address for this place. If you don't have one now, I can wait until your visit in February. I won't be back in BKK until about late April anyway.

:unsure:

Fly

Hi Niftynau,

I normally stay at Nana Hotel, which I did 7 times last year, but I'd like a cheaper alternative, especially as the pound has plummeted against the bhat.

Thank you kindly

Fly

I've stayed at Dynasty Inn. Ive enjoyed it and it is comparable to Nana in price. Everything i've read is that it is much better, and just down the street. i've also seen this place mentioned here, Nap Inn. Never stayed there.

http://www.nap-inn.com/gallery.html#

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have information how to contact the staff of these lower end condos/apartments at Soi 4? Nap Inn seems to be the only one that has a site with contact information and I didn't get a response from them yet. I only need to make a reservation for the day I arrive so I can tell the taxi where to bring me.. after that I can ofcourse look around for others.

Does anyone have information how to contact the staff of these lower end condos/apartments at Soi 4? Nap Inn seems to be the only one that has a site with contact information and I didn't get a response from them yet. I only need to make a reservation for the day I arrive so I can tell the taxi where to bring me.. after that I can ofcourse look around for others.

Nana Condo 23/11 Sukhumvit 4...Gai (or Kai) phone 26568257...

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Have been researching various cheaper options regarding accomodation in Bangkok and the Nap-inn looks really good value? Not great with the Bangkok layout so few questions?

How far from Nana Plaza is this?

Has anyone ever stayed there and what was it like?

Is it girl friendly?

Hope to get a positive response as its bang on my budget.

Dr Pepper.

Hi mate,

Haven't stayed there but given its location I have no doubt it would be girl friendly.

It would be about 34 second walk to Nana:)

This hotel (Napp-Inn) definitely looks good, better than Nana hotel. I might have to give it a try...

Edited by Mucho Gusto

In January asked prices in many of the cheaper ones and Happy Inn won the contest with 600B. I was going to the Airport at 11 PM so I took one of their rooms as a day room. But a positive suprise, small but clean and quiet. A bargin for that price. Not sure if GF, didn't check. Orchid Inn next door offered 700B.

Think i might try the Nap-inn when in Bangkok September, looks clean and right on budget, Be great to hear from some BM's who may have stayed there!! Stayed at the Dynasty inn on my one and only night in Bangkok, no complaints at all but find it almost my mission to find cheaper accomodation at a decent standard each trip to LOS.

• 11 months later...

Try MODELink INN,

5 minutes walking down the soi from the NEP, on your left handside. I was there in agoust 2009, the price was 700 for a convenient room very clean, sort of etnic look with the dark wooden floor, mirror in front of your bed, comfortable and not cosy at all. Also extremely silent. Safe room only at reception and you have to buy your own lock, but there is somebody at the reception 24 hours a day.

I call them once in Bangkok, the lady was very helpfull and she reserved 3 rooms for me 'till I've arrived.

Telephone 02-656 7779

e-mail [email protected]