Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

using skyscanner to book direct with airline

PBear66

As the title suggests has anyone used skyscanner to book direct with airline.

This is a feature i have not scene before and was wondering about anyone else's experience.

It is shown in the search options and wondered is it a viable short cut.

I book almost all my travel direct through skyscanner. Used to check with the airlnes few years ago but the skyscanner price was always accurate and booking process very smooth.

1 minute ago, Crushed said:

i often do this.  Not sure how it's a shortcut.  It's just a way to see the cheapest or most suitable flights.

You can book and pay for your flights through the skyscanner app. No need to note prices, get out if it, open your browser and go to the airline website to book.

24 minutes ago, Tarl said:

You can book and pay for your flights through the skyscanner app. No need to note prices, get out if it, open your browser and go to the airline website to book.

Thanks Tarl, do you get notification of booking direct from airline as if you had booked direct?

In other words are you effectively booking on the thai, ba etc website but through skyscanner if you see what i mean. 

8 minutes ago, PBear66 said:

Thanks Tarl, do you get notification of booking direct from airline as if you had booked direct?

In other words are you effectively booking on the thai, ba etc website but through skyscanner if you see what i mean. 

When you click proceed it should take you to the airlines website to enter you details if it's direct. You'll be booking at the lowest possible tariff though 

16 minutes ago, PBear66 said:

7 minutes ago, tez4life said:

When you click proceed it should take you to the airlines website to enter you details if it's direct. You'll be booking at the lowest possible tariff though 

As Tez says it will take you direct to the airlines website where you book. Just be careful though as sometimes they will show you a few flight/travel agents and also the airlines website. The cheapest fares aren't necessarily direct with the airline. I have booked cheap fares through fly365 this way direct through skyscanner. In those instances the agent has emailed me. For peace of mind I usually prefer to go through the airline though.

In approx 10 minutes you kind people have showed why this board is invaluable for travellers to Pattaya or Thailand.

Much obliged.

Skyscanner is a search engine, and as they allow all the worst shoddy 3rd party agents to advertise on there, I would not use their link, but go to the airlines own website myself, in order to book

I always book direct with the airline

I always use it, but there's only a few 3rd party non-airline companies i will use.

travel trolley usually cheapest.

8 hours ago, PBear66 said:

As the title suggests has anyone used skyscanner to book direct with airline.

This is a feature i have not scene before and was wondering about anyone else's experience.

It is shown in the search options and wondered is it a viable short cut.

Just book via the airlines website as the price will be the same as the price quoted on Skyscanner .

I've just booked my flight for May with STA travel through sky scanner. No problems all confirmed. Already logged on booking on Qatar site and changed my seats. Travel trolley are also good as has been said. 

Sometimes a bait and switch deal....go in ...search...great price...first 5-6 options are way more....end up paying a bit more for a not a good route with option 7..8...etc.

good site...but FWIW don't expect to always get the first/best search result

45 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

Sometimes a bait and switch deal....go in ...search...great price...first 5-6 options are way more....end up paying a bit more for a not a good route with option 7..8...etc.

good site...but FWIW don't expect to always get the first/best search result

Yeah that happens. With the flight I've just booked they aren't always there I call em pillockers! The Qatar flight I've just booked other day was £435 I thought that's great been tracking them daily for months. Tried booking rejected cc tried 3 times then came up with the reason no seats available. So I then tried it at night time showed same price but this time boom went through and confirmed. Gotta be patient. 

Always used Skyscanner and no problems. Expect to pay £10 extra in admin fees.

I always use skyscanner to keep an eye on the prices, then when booking the flight go direct to the airlines website if they aren't on the list of quoted prices. I am paying a bit more than going through the third party, but if something goes wrong then I deal directly with the airline (not that it has yet). I paid £395 on Oman air for my next trip at the beginning of March a few weeks ago, could have saved £10 to £20 if I had gone through one of the 3rd partys quoted on skyscanner.

5 minutes ago, mrblueeyes555 said:

I always use skyscanner to keep an eye on the prices, then when booking the flight go direct to the airlines website if they aren't on the list of quoted prices. I am paying a bit more than going through the third party, but if something goes wrong then I deal directly with the airline (not that it has yet). I paid £395 on Oman air for my next trip at the beginning of March a few weeks ago, could have saved £10 to £20 if I had gone through one of the 3rd partys quoted on skyscanner.

Not worth going through a third party agency to save 10/20 quid. But when it saving 80/100 quid as I tend to be doing it's a no brainer!

Whenever I have seen really cheap prices on skyscanner and then googled reviews of the agents offering the cheap deals they are always! terrible,reason enough to then go direct to the airlines and not via the skyscanner link.

Skyscanner is also useful to work out which airlines go at what times and stop  over durations...... then I usually book directly 

Skyscanner in one tab, seatguru in next tab.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

I found a good price on Skyscanner for return Melbourne-Bangkok, about 10% less through an online travel agent than direct with ThaiAir.

Printed out the page from the internet, took it into ThaiAir's office in central Melbourne and asked what they would do. The clerk vanished into the back office to consult the boss, came back and asked, "Are you ready to book now? If yes, we will give you the same price". I passed over my credit card and the booking was done with my preferred seat allocation by the window.

If you book via an online agent, Visa and MasterCard say they will guarantee the validity of the booking. Another way is to pay by PayPal.

IME.. buyer beware. Make sure you check the fine print and details such as stopover, connection flight times and budget carriers. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived