IGNORED

Pattaya to BKK Nana BTS - Bell Bus Still Only Bus Option?

puthsardarade

Hi,

In the past I've always got Bell to go back to BKK and then a BTS or Uber/Grab to Nana BTS.

For bus trasnsfers would this still be the best option?

Thanks

5 hours ago, puthsardarade said:

Hi,

In the past I've always got Bell to go back to BKK and then a BTS or Uber/Grab to Nana BTS.

For bus trasnsfers would this still be the best option?

Thanks

Or you can avail the Roong Rooch coach from either Jomtien or north Pattaya terminus to Ekkamai bus station & then BTS to Nana, its a shorter distance.

................................................................................................................

1 hour ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Or you can avail the Roong Rooch coach from either Jomtien or north Pattaya terminus to Ekkamai bus station & then BTS to Nana, its a shorter distance.

...and cheaper... 108b for Ekkamai bus

5 hours ago, puthsardarade said:

Roong Rooch coach sounds promising now.  Any tips on how to get to the terminal from Walking Street?

Schedule time and fares?

Put some effort in first. If you can't find the answer then ask!

I always go North Pattaya bus station towards Ekkamai, if a lot of traffic on Suk as you come in off of bang na take the Udon suk stop and hop the BTS from there, if no traffic catch it from Ekkamai

Best way to get to Nana BTS from Pattaya is the 108 baht bus from Pattaya Northern bus terminal to Ekkamai, and then BTS.  If the bus becomes slow in heavy traffic in Bangkok, just get off it at an earlier BTS stop and go BTS from a little earlier.

The Bell bus, which costs 280 baht, never was the only option.

I take the bus from jomtien to the airport then the train to Phay thai(sp) and the sky train to nana/asoke.The amount of luggage would decide it for me a couple of heavy bags would be a struggle using the sky train,in that case I would get a taxi service to pick me up from my hotel.

1 hour ago, SirL said:

Best way to get to Nana BTS from Pattaya is the 108 baht bus from Pattaya Northern bus terminal to Ekkamai, and then BTS.  If the bus becomes slow in heavy traffic in Bangkok, just get off it at an earlier BTS stop and go BTS from a little earlier.

You can't do that if you have a bag loaded on the lower deck of the bus . 

12 minutes ago, worldpunter said:

You can't do that if you have a bag loaded on the lower deck of the bus . 

To be clear, you can't get off early if you have a big bag loaded underneath, everything else is fine with a big bag on board.  True, but few people do have big bags, and if you do just hang on until Ekkamai.  We're only talking about a marginal time saving for someone headed to a BTS station.  I'll be heading up to Bangkok on the Ekkamai bus very soon without a big bag, and I'll jump off if the traffic is very heavy.

I was told they now charge 20 baht for big bags , think its 20 kilo  . Used to be no charge 

The 20 baht that busts the ex pats wallet  

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/11/2018 at 12:19, SirL said:

Bell Bus is TBH 400 for Pattaya to Bkk.

Bus from Pattaya to Ekkamai bus station in Bangkok can be very slow indeed over the last few km.

My preferred route, usually with a 20kg suitcase, is:

• BellBus minibus from the door of my hotel to Pattaya bus station;
  • BellBus to Suvarnabhumi airport. See http://www.belltravelservice.com for timetable, costs and to book: as I recall, it is 250THB.
  • Train from airport basement station to Makkasan, north side of the city. Runs every ten minutes/about 15 minutes travel/40THB.
  • Follow signs to taxi desk. Go to my usual hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 11 (near Nana), about 70THB.

All-up about 360THB. Yes, you can do it cheaper but it's slower and messier. It is worth a small premium for comfort and convenience.

PS Just read that "The rates online from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya is TBH 300 already". Makes total cost about 410THB.

10 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

Bus from Pattaya to Ekkamai bus station in Bangkok can be very slow indeed over the last few km.

My preferred route, usually with a 20kg suitcase, is:

• BellBus minibus from the door of my hotel to Pattaya bus station;
  • BellBus to Suvarnabhumi airport. See http://www.belltravelservice.com for timetable, costs and to book: as I recall, it is 250THB.
  • Train from airport basement station to Makkasan, north side of the city. Runs every ten minutes/about 15 minutes travel/40THB.
  • Follow signs to taxi desk. Go to my usual hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 11 (near Nana), about 70THB.

All-up about 360THB. Yes, you can do it cheaper but it's slower and messier. It is worth a small premium for comfort and convenience.

PS Just read that "The rates online from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya is TBH 300 already". Makes total cost about 410THB.

I did this journey a few weeks back, but i continued on the train to phaya thai, which connects directly to bts network. I also had a suitcase.

Archived