IGNORED

Bus Transfer Options From BKK after 18:00

puthsardarade

Hi,

My flight lands on a Tuesday at 17:35 and I think the last bell bus according to their online schedule is at 18:00.

There is another airport bus service to Pattaya from the airport I think at 7pm - would this be the best option?
I wish to get to Walking Street Pattaya.

The Bell service drops off at hotels, what would be the best stop I should depart from with the Airport Bus and how could I easily get to Walking Street with a large suitcase without paying over the odds?

Thanks

Yes, take the Airport bus 389 to Pattaya, there's a bus schedule available online, check it. For WS, get down at Pattaya tai(south road)-Sukhumvit intersection & take a baht bus or moto to WS.

Just check before boarding the bus if it will go all the way to Jomtien so that you can get down at the mentioned crossing, some buses just just ply upto the northern bus terminus.

................................................................................................................

I got the 22.00 389 service a few months ago, there are baht buses waiting at the bus station in Pattaya that will drop you off. I paid 50 baht for a shared baht bus that dropped me off at Soi Diana at my hotel.

Assuming that you are on a bus that leaves BKK before 21.00, it would probably be simpler and cheaper to stay on the bus until the Jomtien terminal from where you just need to cross the road and get on any Bahtbus as all of them  go back to the corner of South Road and 2nd Road from there. Or you could catch the same Bahtbus and alight at somewhere like the VC hotel if you wanted to be further into Walking Street. And, of course, the same Bahtbus will also carry on along 2nd Road towards Central. Either way, the cost is just 10B with no negotiation required. Only if you alight beyond Central would you need to pay 20B, and that is also fixed.

So a total cost of 130B from the airport to Walking Street or anywhere else along the main corridor of Thappraya Road/2nd Road. Or 140B total to places like Centric Sea or any of the low Soi numbers off 2nd Road.

Negotiation with Bahtbuses is to be avoided at all times.

Just now, KittenKong said:

Assuming that you are on a bus that leaves BKK before 21.00, it would probably be simpler and cheaper to stay on the bus until the Jomtien terminal from where you just need to cross the road and get on any Bahtbus as all of them  go back to the corner of South Road and 2nd Road from there. Or you could catch the same Bahtbus and alight at somewhere like the VC Hotel if you wanted to be further into Walking Street. And, of course, the same Bahtbus will also carry on along 2nd Road towards Central. Either way, the cost is just 10B with no negotiation required. Only if you alight beyond Central would you need to pay 20B, and that is also fixed.

So a total cost of 130B from the airport to Walking Street or anywhere else along the main corridor of Thappraya Road/2nd Road. Or 140B total to places like Centric Sea or any of the low Soi numbers off 2nd Road.

Negotiation with Bahtbuses is to be avoided at all times.

This is the best and the cheapest solution. I would pay 20bht for the baht bus if I would have a large suitcase. For bus 389 you cannot buy ticket online, but you have to buy from the counter on airport. You may have to wait like 1 hour for the next bus.

Archived