IGNORED

Mac OS 10.12 or 10.13 or higher

Grumbler

My macbook is 10.11.6 and I can't upgrade via the App Store.

I found a a way to download 10.13 but its 5GB and fails on hotel wifi.

I need a full install disk or dmg of 10.12 or mybe higher, not sure of the upgrade path.

anyone have someting?

thanks in advance.

Try taking your laptop to McDonalds. Get a wifi code. You can download about 150 Mbps in there. 

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

Uhm it's not that easy and all depends on what exact model your MacBook is and what OS is still supported. 

My 2009 aluminum MacBook is long time out of support for the newer OSs so I installed Manjaro with Xfce and LightDM. Very resource friendly. 

You can get it here: https://manjaro.org/get-manjaro/

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

4 hours ago, Grumbler said:

My macbook is 10.11.6 and I can't upgrade via the App Store.

I found a a way to download 10.13 but its 5GB and fails on hotel wifi.

I need a full install disk or dmg of 10.12 or mybe higher, not sure of the upgrade path.

anyone have someting?

thanks in advance.

10.13 is what....High Sierra.

Get it on the torrents, it should be about 6GB or thereabouts.

It will say 'installhighsierra.app' ...move it to your app folder. 

Then get a fresh usb stick of 8GB and download Diskmaker X.

Google it and you will get instructions on making a bootable copy of high sierra on a usb stick.

Use the stick to start up from, trouble shot and instal the OS

If you download Mojave 10:14 be sure that you have all you password & user names backed up & copied. Just " upgraded " yesterday & all my auto log ins have gone. Of course being a slack bastard I have no idea of some of my passwords as always used the auto function. A trip to Apple at Central Festival will be on the cards monday to see what they can salvage.

Word of warning Mojave can also suck the life outta the battery. Full charge only good for about 4 hours now, even uses battery while in sleep mode. Lots of complaints on different forums about the " upgrade "

Do urself a major favor and switch to a Linux distribution. Especially if you're on older hardware. 

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

On 01/12/2018 at 08:27, Harve said:

If you download Mojave 10:14 be sure that you have all you password & user names backed up & copied. Just " upgraded " yesterday & all my auto log ins have gone. Of course being a slack bastard I have no idea of some of my passwords as always used the auto function. A trip to Apple at Central Festival will be on the cards monday to see what they can salvage.

Mojave should not have wiped your keychain. Apps -> Utilities -> Key Chain.

45 minutes ago, stacksreg123 said:

Do urself a major favor and switch to a Linux distribution. Especially if you're on older hardware. 

Very good advice, I recommend Ubuntu which is the most popular distro.

Archived