Sign in to follow this  
templeman

SIM card advice requested

templeman

Hi 

I already have a Thai sim in a old spare phone but now I have a new spare phone 

So question is can I get another sim because my old sim does not fit new spare phone and keep the same number ?

currently on AIS network and it’s all linked to my bank in Thailand so really don’t want to change number just a sim with same number that fits new phone 

Any advice would be very welcome 

cheers 

stacksreg123

How does it not fit? If its to big, usually you can push it out of its frame. If its too small usually you can fit it with an adapter frame.

Also I dont think it should be a problem to get a new sim with the same number. But I've never done it. Just go to the shop and ask!?

Edited by stacksreg123

templeman

Sim for new phone is much smaller nano as old phone is micro 

so will need a new card 

stacksreg123

As I stated before, you don't need a new sim. You can simply use an adapter frame to fit the nano into the micro slot. You can either buy one or make one.

A simple google search yielded this as first result: https://www.quora.com/Do-you-really-need-a-micro-sim-adapter-to-put-a-nano-sim-card-into-a-Samsung-Galaxy-S3

Edited by stacksreg123

eXplosief
10 minutes ago, stacksreg123 said:

As I stated before, you don't need a new sim. You can simply use an adapter frame to fit the nano into the micro slot. You can either buy one or make one.

A simple google search yielded this as first result: https://www.quora.com/Do-you-really-need-a-micro-sim-adapter-to-put-a-nano-sim-card-into-a-Samsung-Galaxy-S3

He needs it the other way round. 

If it is not a very old SIM, you should be able to take the centre out leaving you with a nano SIM. 

Otherwise go to an AIS  shop. 

templeman
9 minutes ago, eXplosief said:

He needs it the other way round. 

If it is not a very old SIM, you should be able to take the centre out leaving you with a nano SIM. 

Otherwise go to an AIS  shop. 

Correct  and it is a old sim so when I am over in Dec I will have to go to AIS shop ....AIS website had a chat with operator option that was quite helpful.

So problem solved all being well