Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Two British Brothers captured in Pattaya, wanted for drug charges in UK

The Pattaya News

Pattaya- Two brothers wanted by police in Merseyside in the United Kingdom over suspected drug trafficking offences have been arrested in Thailand. Joseph and Gregory Mulhare from Wirral were detained on the 17 of November in Pattaya by Thai immigration police, it emerged. The pair, aged 43 and 38, are being held under warrants from […]

The post Two British Brothers captured in Pattaya, wanted for drug charges in UK appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Why do the UK scum bags head to Pattaya??! We don't want them :( :(

Good that the Thai government are cooperating with the UK police, maybe these type of people will head somewhere else in the future, though a shame they don't get charged here as that will be a deterrent!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, article22 said:

Good that the Thai government are cooperating with the UK police, maybe these type of people will head somewhere else in the future, though a shame they don't get charged here as that will be a deterrent!

Charged for what here?

I mean i agree with your sentiments but what could the Thais charge them with? 

4 minutes ago, Thaifix said:

Charged for what here?

Probably nothing. If Interpol have a red notice out for them they will be arrested anywhere and held while the issuing country makes an application for extradition. It is not necessary for them to have committed a crime in Thailand.

Does anyone know what bar on Buakhao they had drunk in???

1 minute ago, Kahoy said:

Probably nothing. If Interpol have a red notice out for them they will be arrested anywhere and held while the issuing country makes an application for extradition. It is not necessary for them to have committed a crime in Thailand.

Arrested on an Interpol warrant yes and yes they dont have to have committed a crime here but they can't be "charged" here as suggested by the previous poster.

Did you hear about who will be running the Interpol soon? Ex Russian KGB guy!!

If the UK issue an alert then their passports will be tracked, and then the police in any country can arrest them for deportation.

Edited by article22

2 minutes ago, article22 said:

Bit out of date there; Russian got ditched for a South Korean.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, article22 said:

If the UK issue an alert then their passports will be tracked, and then the police in any country can arrest them for deportation.

He got rejected after an uproar by western nations. A Korean in the British popo got the gig. Apparently there would have been little he could have done anyway as the head can't intervene in any case and all he does is approve budgets. 

The dregs of the dregs seem to go to Cambodia

Ah that is good news then, was very odd that the Russian was leading the race :)

I only read about it this week, so I must be out of touch, cheers for the update.

14 minutes ago, article22 said:

I only read about it this week, so I must be out of touch, cheers for the update.

555 nah, not that out of date, it was only last night the front-runner got ditched, pretty sure you've got more interesting things to fill your time with than this trivia :D

1 hour ago, Thaifix said:

Charged for what here?

Actually it is not unlikely the Thai will charge and convict them. 

If they are suspected for drugs offences, the Thai will convict them for money laundering. 

2 hours ago, Thaifix said:

Charged for what here?

There is a Dutch drug lord spending life time ( or at least a long time ) in prison in Thailand because the money he has spend here came from selling drugs.

edit: Drugs money laundring, not life time, only 103 years

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/avyay5/johan-van-laarhoven-interview-876

0FFB8B27-3FF5-4BD2-92CB-31AD735B1A8D.pngEdit #2 : just read the article, although he is probably not the most innocent man in the world, but he got set up big time by Dutch authorities!

• Like 1

Make an absolute farce of the extradition treaty with UK if they charged them after UK got them involved with their warrant so they could be arrested and extradited to face charges in UK.

3 hours ago, andy666 said:

There is a Dutch drug lord spending life time ( or at least a long time ) in prison in Thailand because the money he has spend here came from selling drugs.

edit: Drugs money laundring, not life time, only 103 years

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/avyay5/johan-van-laarhoven-interview-876

0FFB8B27-3FF5-4BD2-92CB-31AD735B1A8D.pngEdit #2 : just read the article, although he is probably not the most innocent man in the world, but he got set up big time by Dutch authorities!

Calling him a drugs Lord seems a bit over the top. He was running a few coffee shops in the Netherlands. Now selling marijuana is for a long time confined in Holland so not so much illegal. 

However the Dutch authorities thought he might not have declared all to taxes so the made a request for information to Thailand where he was living at the time after selling his coffee shops. 

As marijuana sales is illegal in Thailand the Thai authorities charged him with money laundry as he obviously spend some of his money in Thailand. So he got 100 years sentence for something that was not strictly illegal in the country where it happened. 

This is the case that was on my mind when I made my previous post. 

Calling him a drugs Lord seems a bit over the top.

It was in the back of my head and one of the articles labeled him as such, edited the post twice, as I said in my last edit, he was set up big time.
  • Like 2

They are from my home town. Known them almost all of my life 555.

Unlucky fellas! 

They haven’t committed any offences in Thailand. They are wanted on an international warrant for drugs in England. 

Edited by REAR_ENTRY

41 minutes ago, REAR_ENTRY said:

They are from my home town. Known them almost all of my life 555.

Unlucky fellas! 

They haven’t committed any offences in Thailand. They are wanted on an international warrant for drugs in England. 

Real unlucky or not smart enough to realise they can be extradited from Thailand.

3 hours ago, eXplosief said:

Calling him a drugs Lord seems a bit over the top. He was running a few coffee shops in the Netherlands. Now selling marijuana is for a long time confined in Holland so not so much illegal. 

However the Dutch authorities thought he might not have declared all to taxes so the made a request for information to Thailand where he was living at the time after selling his coffee shops. 

States lose their minds when it comes to drugs.

Years ago, Canada used to be a sovereign nation, with sovereign citizens.  There was a Canadian individual named Marc Emery who sold Cannabis seeds through the mail.  This was legal in Canada - and he paid a large pile of taxes every year to the Canadian government on his profits.  This was explicitly legal (codified in law) and de facto legal (if the government accepts tax revenue from a reported activity, it's legal).  One day the USA says "give him to us" and Canada, shamefully abandoning their status as sovereign nation, hands over one of their own citizens to spend time rotting in an American federal prison.  Madness.

But hey, at least nobody was able to smoke pot in America for a few years while he was in jail.

These two brothers would have been wise to flee somewhere without an extradition treaty with the UK.  The long arm of the law has nothing better to do than to catch guys like this.

Always happy to help a fellow monger :)  Stay safe & healthy gentlemen!!!  :hello09:

48 minutes ago, Tarl said:

Real unlucky or not smart enough to realise they can be extradited from Thailand.

Think they just wanted a bit of a blow out before being caught 

1 hour ago, JamesFerris said:

States lose their minds when it comes to drugs.

Years ago, Canada used to be a sovereign nation, with sovereign citizens.  There was a Canadian individual named Marc Emery who sold Cannabis seeds through the mail.  This was legal in Canada - and he paid a large pile of taxes every year to the Canadian government on his profits.  This was explicitly legal (codified in law) and de facto legal (if the government accepts tax revenue from a reported activity, it's legal).  One day the USA says "give him to us" and Canada, shamefully abandoning their status as sovereign nation, hands over one of their own citizens to spend time rotting in an American federal prison.  Madness.

But hey, at least nobody was able to smoke pot in America for a few years while he was in jail.

These two brothers would have been wise to flee somewhere without an extradition treaty with the UK.  The long arm of the law has nothing better to do than to catch guys like this.

He was prosecuted in the USA for selling them illegally in USA though was he? Makes no difference if it is legal to sell them in his country.

Edited by Tarl

3 minutes ago, Tarl said:

He was prosecuted in the USA for selling them illegally in USA though wasn't he? Makes no difference if it is legal to sell them in his country.

Yes, prosecuted in the USA.  You're correct, it makes no difference - unless you're a sovereign country.  In that case, you don't deport one of your own citizens to a foreign country to be charged for crimes and jailed for activities that are legal and taxable in your own country.  

Imagine Australia deporting you (who I assume to be a citizen) to Thailand to face Lese Majeste charges for something you typed on your computer while in Australia.  It would never happen.  Nobody would stand for it.  

My point was, states lose their mind when it comes to drugs - to the point of ceasing to be sovereign nations with their own laws, and turning over their own citizens to foreign governments to be prosecuted for legal activities.

Always happy to help a fellow monger :)  Stay safe & healthy gentlemen!!!  :hello09:

On 23/11/2018 at 07:20, article22 said:

they head to pattaya to splash the cash the on girls and buy a bar on Soi 6,surely you must of known that.