Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

March Hotel - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Intro - Guys as you know, I love staying at new hotels and sharing info with others. I have now stayed in around 40 hotels and guest houses in Patts and I have to say that the March hotel was a pretty good experience.

Location- For me the only downside is the location of this hotel. It’s a 5 minute stroll to 2nd road, 7 minutes to Pattaya Klang and 10 minutes to the soi Buhakow baht bus outside Mr Jacks. The location is a bit ‘little India’, with spicy restaurants around, also a few naughty massages too. There is also a shortcut via the wasteland at the back of adjoining May hotel which takes you in 2 minutes to Jameson’s Irish Bar. Maybe just a little too far from my ideal carousing territory. Lots of taxi bikes around. Also 7/11 and laundry nearby.

Check-in and Out - Speedy, friendly and efficient. There is a 2,000Thb room deposit which was returned after checking out.

Rooms - The room is a modern, hip property, more than adequate, especially for a solo traveler coming to Pattaya. The room is  spacious and has a large balcony with 2 chairs and a table. The view from my room (507) was over looking some wasteland, but it did also offer a glimpse of a sea view. The bed was large and comfy enough to sleep on (including the pillows). There is a small sofa and a desk/chair. The AC worked well, and the bathroom counter was quite large. Everything worked to standard in the bathroom, including the walk in rain shower which provided a good stream and always had hot water. The room has a good size closet with lots of hangers, drawers and a large safe inside. There is also a large  refrigerator and television (with a few falang channels). There also was enough power outlets to charge my devices (US/UK style plugs). The rooms have a kettle and cups, but no sachets of coffee.

Wifi - You are continually logged on and  the WiFi signal quality is outstanding.ee

Breakfast - The breakfast is, I understand, a buffet, which I didn’t try. Instead we ate at nearby Amari Nova Suites - outstanding 5 star spread and they have reduced the price of brekkie to 200thb. 

Facilities - The hotel had a small/medium swimming pool (which catches the sun for much of the day). There is a gym, with a few CV and weights machines, but no free weights.  The rooms are opened by a card and it needs to be placed into the holder in your room to power the electricity. The hotel has 2 elevators and I never waited more than a minute or so.

Customer Service - The staff were nice and accommodating. Everyone is very friendly and chatty. The receptionist is respectful to any guests you might invite back to your ‘loom’.  Overall, felt safe and comfortable the entire time. The place is clean as a whistle...as always guys consider leaving a daily tip for the hard working cleaner.

Noise - This hotel is located in a quiet soi.  Get a room on a high floor and you will hear nothing but total silence.

Price - I got this at the ‘billy bargain’ price of 980THB - via Expedia Thailand offer.

Overall -  this property is very good - it had everything I needed. The only negative comment relates to 

Lottelee Winna Score - 7/10 

92417F51-0C0C-44B5-8396-FF4E3572098E.jpeg

89A309FB-7C4E-455B-9157-61790B597499.jpeg

D547739A-08ED-48F1-9D8F-CA4F2266A784.jpeg

7C827462-D0FC-4121-B575-6ACE0C83B2F5.jpeg

A028F5B6-7B26-4636-96EF-EC0FDEB79BDA.jpeg

CDDCA02F-F50E-4D33-85DA-A81DA56D6ADE.jpeg

Thank you for this review. I’ve just booked this hotel for my trip in March. I have been using the OPey de Place on soi lengkee and fancied a change after a mate saw this place so I’m happy we have booked it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great review as always - stayed here a couple of times after it opened in late 2015 / early 2016 (once moved from April Suites) and very happy with it.

Do they still have a working sauna? Worth noting as there are only a handful of places in Patts that have one...

Good info too about the shortcut via May hotel to Soi AR, provides an alternate ( certainly more pleasant) walking route to Soi 6

Breakfast when I stayed there was a la carte and cooked to order from a small menu with a few choices that were ticked on a card, but again that may have changed.

Stayed there when it first opened , enjoyed my stay would use again . Happy to hear they have kept the high standard up .

Booked "premier deluxe" room on Agoda.

Peak season pricing late Dec inc Xmas

averaged A$49( B1150) night after amex promotion. High floor with bathtub. Difficult to find in this price range. Only catch is non refundable. 

:) bangkok - 2 months :D chiang mai - 5 months :P pattaya - 6 trips and counting 
ผมไม่พูดภาษาไทย...ไม่เป็นไร!!

Have looked at this place numerous times and one thing keeps putting me off, and thats the location, now i know its not a million miles away from the action but its still far enough away for me to not to have bothered so far.

Only this year i stayed at the `at mind premier suites` up a soi off Pattaya klang (way past August suites), and after a day out it was a right trek back, lovely hotel though.I get the impression this one would be the same for me personally, i`d really like the place but wouldnt make the decision because of  location.

Who knows i might think again and surprise myself and stay there, but as i`ve said before soi 10 (for me) is hard to beat.

Always interested to read your reviews LW, even though i may not stay in some of the places you go on about!

Nice report mate thanks. I have stayed at the sister hotel August Suites & only problem with that found the beds hard and air con took a while to cool room down. Sounds like the beds are better here so will hopefully be bale to give it a try soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a 14 night stay, loved this place, clean and modern and also loved the location. Excellent value for money and will certainly look at booking for next year.

1 hour ago, dinnergong said:

Just got back from a 14 night stay, loved this place, clean and modern and also loved the location. Excellent value for money and will certainly look at booking for next year.

Glad you enjoyed The March as much as I did :Clap9:

It great to see reports on this.  Have never stayed at March and as pointed out the location is the bust for me.  Everybody has their own idea of what most important, but can remember before I even got to Pattaya the first time had a night or so with BM in Philippines who suggested Soi Buakhao area as great one.  Even though did not stay there that trip have stayed in quite a few places since(never on BR or WS) and seem to favor the mid-Soi Buakhao/Soi Lengkee the best.  

If you loved Soi 6/had most of your action there and did not mind walking down isolated dark alley would think March hotel looks great - value, quiet, amenities.

I have stayed in the Nova gold on my last trip and it was just a bit to far for myself,however quiet. How would you compare them against one another. Is the location at the March better?

Joe

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I have used this hotel on several occasions and enjoy staying there. As LW has said, the wifi is excellent, the staff very good and the facilities are modern and clean.

I have found the location is only a problem if you make it one. It's only a short walk from Soi 6, Buakhao etc and Moto taxis, baht buses are plentiful to take you where you want.

As it's part of the same group, you can use the facilities at April, August and May too, which is great because the pool is better at April in my opinion.

The soil is quiet so you won't get disturbed and can chill out easily.

The only downside is that the walls are a bit thin, so if you do wake it may be a problem for some, as you can hear the hotel waking up in the morning.

On 05/12/2018 at 23:56, Joethescot said:

I have stayed in the Nova gold on my last trip and it was just a bit to far for myself,however quiet. How would you compare them against one another. Is the location at the March better?

Joe

@Joethescot Yes it’s a bit closer to ‘the action’. It’s a 2 minute walk to second rd, 7 minutes to Soi Buhakow (mr jacks) and 10 minutes to BR. If your main interest is around the LK area how about the likes of LK Residence, Centra Avenue or any of the Honey group of hotels.

On 12/12/2018 at 03:42, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

@Joethescot Yes it’s a bit closer to ‘the action’. It’s a 2 minute walk to second rd, 7 minutes to Soi Buhakow (mr jacks) and 10 minutes to BR. If your main interest is around the LK area how about the likes of LK Residence, Centra Avenue or any of the Honey group of hotels.

I’m going to go with the safe and sound option of August Suites. Perfect position Soi B bhat bus,2nd rd bhat bus,Soi 6,7 and 8 plus beach road. I’m going to Ho Chi Minh in the middle now for 3 night will do all the tourist and Vietnam war remberance places. August’s are very good at you leaving a case with them so I can travel light. Had a look at the residence last year,however the shower over the bath was a huge turn off as it looks bloody dangerous!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 hours ago, Joethescot said:

I’m going to go with the safe and sound option of August Suites. Perfect position Soi B bhat bus,2nd rd bhat bus,Soi 6,7 and 8 plus beach road. I’m going to Ho Chi Minh in the middle now for 3 night will do all the tourist and Vietnam war remberance places. August’s are very good at you leaving a case with them so I can travel light. Had a look at the residence last year,however the shower over the bath was a huge turn off as it looks bloody dangerous!

August is a great choice - location is top. Yes mate, as I posted elsewhere, I had a nasty slip at Residence and was lucky to break my fall...the only way round it is to put a towel on the floor to catch the splashes from the shower.

Enjoy your trip to HCM city.

Archived