IGNORED

Mike's Mexican

We took the kids to Underwater world and decided to try Mike's Tex Mex for lunch afterward as it wasn't far.  I hadn't been there before.

Our starters were chips with chili and chips with salsa.  The salsa was a fresh pico de gallo and the chili was very good.  The chips were freshly fried and service good with the appetizers coming out well ahead of the main course meals.  I had a house margarita on the rocks with salt and enjoyed it, but TW didn't want to drive back to Rayong so I only had one.

MikesMex001.thumb.jpg.eca4e6713af08343feea2528685ec43e.jpg

The kids just had cheese quesadillas as their main so they came out with the appetizers.  They were good.  TW ordered a taco and enchilada combo platter, both beef.

MikesMex002.thumb.jpg.c2cec3f60986f39d9f8938d4f8020a3f.jpg

Mexican food isn't her favorite, but after over a decade in Texas she knows it.  They use shredded beef, and she mentioned that the beef in both her items was rather tasteless, though the sauce, rice and beans were good.  I went with the "Hungry Hombre" taco, enchilada and burrito.  It is a lot of food and most of the burrito went home with us.  I chose cheese for the enchilada and beef for the other two items.

MikesMex003.thumb.jpg.4549c4d63c3ba5ef051a77dcb53ddc70.jpg

I also felt like the beef wasn't seasoned at all.  I waited to write this until I tried my leftover burrito later that evening, and confirmed the blandness.

So I might visit Mike's again, but I think I would avoid beef options.  I just noticed the last photo is pretty blurry.  Honestly, I only had one margarita.

I have to agree with how poor the food is. We live in walking distance and I refuse to eat at Mikes again. I had many poor quality plates and after about 20 trash meals I told the wife never again.  The wife went there a week ago and said the beef was not chewable and all you can do is swallow it. :o  Honestly Mike needs to get off his butt, stop drinking wine and work on his business. 

The best Mexican food in Pattaya (IMO mind you) The Taco House on the darkside. 4 of us went to dinner there about 4 or 5 weeks ago it was outstanding. Service Decor was great. The food all good with none of the 4 of us able to find fault. 1600 Baht all in food and drink.15400837356851.jpg.aaca35d7aef4e5eaf932dcb245a98231.jpg15400837357322.jpg.3f6546161a48bf5972fdc1ef77ab4a01.jpg15400837357723.jpg.5190df6ebe372093e81dd27fec489ed7.jpg15400837358274.jpg.3cdc4badff6f3e9327b9f9b494ee9d0a.jpg15400837358575.jpg.19ac02a59482d8f2936121b33377e754.jpg15400837359026.jpg.419a9a7149b13798fd117e4ea0a07923.jpg15400837359537.jpg.9aa66cf98e9f42e361eace4f4bc626b2.jpg

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

thanks close to house on darkside,will try in january!

Do not get the Mexican itch often in Pattaya, but the Tequila Reef Mexican day has always been my choice.  May be good to get update on this as believe couple years ago there were ribs included which were very good.  Think last year was just other stuff and forget what day it is so would be good to get current update.  Seem to remember that it not cheap(would not make the good for under 300b) - especially  if you like Margaritas, but think it quite similar to level talked about above at Darkside.  

4 hours ago, rioman said:

Do not get the Mexican itch often in Pattaya, but the Tequila Reef Mexican day has always been my choice.  May be good to get update on this as believe couple years ago there were ribs included which were very good.  Think last year was just other stuff and forget what day it is so would be good to get current update.  Seem to remember that it not cheap(would not make the good for under 300b) - especially  if you like Margaritas, but think it quite similar to level talked about above at Darkside.  

Tequila Reef is an insult to mexican food, some of the worst i have ever tasted. Mikes used to be good but has had its day, Dave's is pretty decent

On 17/11/2018 at 19:01, tko said:

We took the kids to Underwater world and decided to try Mike's Tex Mex for lunch afterward as it wasn't far.  I hadn't been there before.

Our starters were chips with chili and chips with salsa.  The salsa was a fresh pico de gallo and the chili was very good.  The chips were freshly fried and service good with the appetizers coming out well ahead of the main course meals.  I had a house margarita on the rocks with salt and enjoyed it, but TW didn't want to drive back to Rayong so I only had one.

MikesMex001.thumb.jpg.eca4e6713af08343feea2528685ec43e.jpg

The kids just had cheese quesadillas as their main so they came out with the appetizers.  They were good.  TW ordered a taco and enchilada combo platter, both beef.

MikesMex002.thumb.jpg.c2cec3f60986f39d9f8938d4f8020a3f.jpg

Mexican food isn't her favorite, but after over a decade in Texas she knows it.  They use shredded beef, and she mentioned that the beef in both her items was rather tasteless, though the sauce, rice and beans were good.  I went with the "Hungry Hombre" taco, enchilada and burrito.  It is a lot of food and most of the burrito went home with us.  I chose cheese for the enchilada and beef for the other two items.

MikesMex003.thumb.jpg.4549c4d63c3ba5ef051a77dcb53ddc70.jpg

I also felt like the beef wasn't seasoned at all.  I waited to write this until I tried my leftover burrito later that evening, and confirmed the blandness.

So I might visit Mike's again, but I think I would avoid beef options.  I just noticed the last photo is pretty blurry.  Honestly, I only had one margarita.

Always best to stick to pork or chicken in Thailnad imho unless you want to spend for overpriced imported beef that has questionable freshness as well.

Archived