IGNORED

6 weeks in Thailand

malct

Heading off to Thailand early next year with my thai wife to tour and visit family, Cant be bothered about applying for a 60 day visa, So looking at booking a return flight out of Thailand for a couple of days before the 30 days is up, So any tips on where to go and cheap for flights.

I understand if you dont have a 60 day visa, then you must show plane tickets for onward travel in the UK.

44 minutes ago, malct said:

Heading off to Thailand early next year with my thai wife to tour and visit family, Cant be bothered about applying for a 60 day visa, So looking at booking a return flight out of Thailand for a couple of days before the 30 days is up, So any tips on where to go and cheap for flights.

I understand if you dont have a 60 day visa, then you must show plane tickets for onward travel in the UK.

You don't have to fly, you can take a bus. Siem Reap in Cambodia is a nice place to visit. And see Ankor Wat.

The way that i understood it, The airline in the UK wont allow you to board if your staying over 30 days and that you don't have a visa or  a onward airline ticket

Only a flight ticket is acceptable as POOT (proof of onward travel), and is to satisfy the airline taking you to Thailand, rather than the Thai immigration officers

A quick look at a couple of the LCC websites such as Air Asia, Nok etc will show you the cheapest countries to fly to from Thailand

If you really want to visit a neighboring country for a few days, by all means do it and enjoy yourself. But if you’re only doing it because you can’t be bothered to get a tourist visa, that’s just foolish imo. Either way, up to you as they say.

I think the last time i bought a visa, I ended up having to drive to Liverpool, Since hull stopped doing the postal visa's, its more of a issue meaning if i don't get the visa via London, it means travelling and i dont like having no control of my passport.

Fair enough. I didn’t realize it was that complicated. Here in the USA, I get my visa via mail from the embassy and it’s relatively easy.

4 hours ago, malct said:

I think the last time i bought a visa, I ended up having to drive to Liverpool, Since hull stopped doing the postal visa's, its more of a issue meaning if i don't get the visa via London, it means travelling and i dont like having no control of my passport.

Your profile says you’re in Southampton??

There’s a Thai Consulate in Cardiff, easy to get visa there (just phone for appointment) and it’s a 2 hour drive each way from Southampton.

Easier than travelling to airport and back in Thailand and flying out of country and back?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yes I agree with the boys that getting a visa makes more sense. That being said, Singapore would be a great place to take the wife. It's a beautiful, very clean country, a short flight away from Thailand with a universal studios theme park. 

England sounds like they make it a pain in the arse to get a visa, Aussie send in mail $ 55 dollars back in 5 days  and a 60 day visa, bobs your uncle done 

Everything is a pain in the UK,  Been a EU citizen, I cant take my wife on holiday in the EU without applying for a Visa.

I have been out to KL and also Singapore from Bangkok many years ago and if we do go to Thailand for 6 weeks, then it would be great to go somewhere, Just it all needs planned before leaving the uk. 

I think though, It might be easier just getting a extended that visa and then i have all my options open. 

Thank you for all of your replys

Archived