IGNORED

China Airlines

SoiSong

Being a long time United flyer (1k for life etc) I need to do a one way from the U.S. and found that China Airlinesw does oneway tix in bus that can arrive BKK at 1630 hrs. WOW, as I 've been the midnight rambler about 40 times I'm lookinf forward to an early arrival... Head out to Chitloam Akane or even Sazanaka etc.

I'll have no turn around time in TPE but how is the service?

Again her is a pic that I will offer unwrapped in the proper section!

post-3306-1231273147_thumbjpg

I have used China Airlines 2 times now, connecting in Taipei. Can't comment directly on Business class, I had economy seats. But I can say, for the money, China Airlines is ok. The flights were all on schedule, staff was friendly, food was average. Nothing bad to say about them as far as the flight and service goes.

Flying out of SFO I believe they have the best prices to Bangkok for US travelers. I haven't seen any better fares over the last year.

I had a 1hr connection time on this last trip and it was enough. I came in on a different airline to Taipei and then had to change terminals to catch the China Airlines flight- I had to go and get a boarding pass at the transfer desk which cost my about 15-20 minutes. Even with that I still had enough time to make the connecting flight. As long as you get into Taipei on time, then 1 hr is plently of time so long as you go directly to the next gate.

It's a few years since I used China Air Business from Amsterdam to Bangkok.

I would say it wasn't true business class - more along the lines of Enhanced Economy - similar to EVA enhanced economy. Nothing wrong with it as it was priced right at the time but don't expect other airlines business class.

Could have all changed by now of course I would suggest you look at a China Air seating plan and see if that still applies.

China seat pitch in Business class is 48 inch max.

Normal Business class in top airlines is now a avarage of 80 inch +

I fly economy & take a pill or two to sleep.

The money saved goes miles when doing the Los single male thing.

China seat pitch in Business class is 48 inch max.

Normal Business class in top airlines is now a avarage of 80 inch +

I fly economy & take a pill or two to sleep.

The money saved goes miles when doing the Los single male thing.

sorry sexydick but if you fly economy how do you know the biz class specs ?

china airlines seems 2 have d different biz class setups , the shorter flights offer the tighter 48" seating , the long hauls, from my experience , offer the 80" pitch .

For example when i fly vancouver to bangkok it connect in taipai the van - taipai is the 8-: then the taip-bkk is the 48 " . Same formula when i fly van-hongkong . I have never had them use anything other than the 80" for my xpacific portion

they also seem to offer the best pricing on biz class from vancouver to asia

sorry sexydick but if you fly economy how do you know the biz class specs ?

china airlines seems 2 have d different biz class setups , the shorter flights offer the tighter 48" seating , the long hauls, from my experience , offer the 80" pitch .

For example when i fly vancouver to bangkok it connect in taipai the van - taipai is the 8-: then the taip-bkk is the 48 " . Same formula when i fly van-hongkong . I have never had them use anything other than the 80" for my xpacific portion

they also seem to offer the best pricing on biz class from vancouver to asia

Sorry I will make it more clear.

I have used the flight from Amsterdam to Bangkok return many times and no other China airline flights.

I have been Business in the past but now only travel economy.

Hope this helps to explain my input.

Sorry I will make it more clear.

I have used the flight from Amsterdam to Bangkok return many times and no other China airline flights.

I have been Business in the past but now only travel economy.

Hope this helps to explain my input.

hey sexydick ,

so the amsterdam to bkk flight is the smaller section ? how long ago did you fly that ?

P.s. i,m not crtitsizing you just trying to figure out if i got lucky with the large seats or they only use them on certain flights ?

About 8 months back.

I do not know if they are making all Business class seats larger but I will take another look on my next trip ok.

Business from the UK is about £1,200 on Netflights.com.

Economy is £530.

I flew China Air business class over the holidays Frankfurt / Taipei / Manila after I cancelled my AMS / BKK ticket due to the PAD affair. I would do again. Good value compared to most others. If your flight is a 747 400, bus class has two sections, one on the main deck and one on the upper deck. Get a window seat on the upper deck and you have tons of room with the side storqge compartments. We had really tall and cute Chinese stews too!

EVA is better though, if you have that option.

I have regulary flown China Airlines business class and, IMHO, their standard of service is second to none, from food, attendants, and generally how far they are prepared to go. I would chose China Airlines above any other service providing they flew to my intended destination.

As to comments about the seats, it depends on the aircraft itself as is true for any other airline. You can fly business class on Thai and have an all singing and all dancing seat and the next flight on a differnt aricraft type will be completely different.

For value for money, China Airlines beats the rest hands down.

Be careful about using a one way ticket... If you're unlucky you might get refused entry in Thailand!

large sig = small penis

I fly China Airlines every time I head to LOS. Flight out of Honolulu leaves at 0830 with short stop in Taipei. Arrives in Bangkok between 1615 and 1630, depending on the wind. I have never had any problem getting a seat in business class and, the price is always less than other airlines. The flight attendents are damn near worth the trip alone. I've even gotten a few phone numbers on my last two trips. five years ago, I filled out to form for the CAL Dynasty card. Now I have enough air miles for two free round trip tickets to LOS. IMHO, China Airline is the way to go.......

• 2 weeks later...

I fly to thailand buisness class with china airlines every time via amsterdam. The planes are on the old side, and a lot of the improvements on the newer 747 are missing.

The price was reasonable before but i notice it is shooting up, i think eva air is good value and the planes are not so old.

Cannot complain about the service on china airlines though and the cabin crew who are a mix of chinese and thai are easy on the eye, but in my opinion the thai girls are more attractive.

I fly to thailand buisness class with china airlines every time via amsterdam. The planes are on the old side, and a lot of the improvements on the newer 747 are missing.

The price was reasonable before but i notice it is shooting up, i think eva air is good value and the planes are not so old.

Cannot complain about the service on china airlines though and the cabin crew who are a mix of chinese and thai are easy on the eye, but in my opinion the thai girls are more attractive.

I agree with you.

The cost was 800/900 Pounds now for business class with China air from the UK it is now £1,300 plus.

Thai & Eva are about 1,800 pounds.

With the economic melt down no business class for me just Economy seats or as our American friends say Coach class.

• 2 weeks later...

I have flown in China Airlines business class...its worth every cent. The food is much better and seats are great. Did their econ class once...wanted to scream 10 hours in.

A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar. -Mark Twain