IGNORED

Daily Taxi to Rayong suggestions

metter2009

I have a friend who will be traveling to Pattaya in January for two weeks. He will be installing new equipment at the Harley Davidson Plant in Rayong. He is looking for daily transport To Rayong from Pattaya and back. Monday through Friday.  Looking for suggestions?

Thanks in Advance. 

I would have expected whoever he is working for to arrange this for him with a Rayong-based taxi company, but if he has to do it himself then the best bet would probably be to contact the usual taxi companies like Mr T, Nam, Cherry etc etc etc. Many have been mentioned on here.

Another option would be the Grab taxi app.

Either way, once he has found a reasonable driver it would probably be best to arrange for that one to do both trips every day for the whole period rather than get a new one every day. Inconsistency and erratic behaviour is a constant problem here and, like Forest Gump, you never know what you are going to get.

55 minutes ago, metter2009 said:

I have a friend who will be traveling to Pattaya in January for two weeks. He will be installing new equipment at the Harley Davidson Plant in Rayong. He is looking for daily transport To Rayong from Pattaya and back. Monday through Friday.  Looking for suggestions?

Thanks in Advance. 

There are baht busses (song taews) that travel longer distances on the main road in and out of Pattaya. You could ask one of the girls to find out for you.

If only on a 2 week contract, I would expect the company to arrange this OR as mentioned by KittenKong, contact Nam or another company and explain that you want a cab too and from work (one would expect this to be expenses covered by the people who you are contracted to, if not, it is not too expensive).

The expenses will be covered by his company. Would it be better to use a Pattaya based Taxi Service for the trip there in the morning and a Rayong based service for the trip back. 

On Pattaya Klang,just a few steps away from Foodland , there's hourly van service,  he can eat breakfast before heading out.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9332637,100.8964566,3a,75y,66.15h,78.57t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9uYLCrrruFIottWMJwBUGg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

On 30/10/2018 at 08:00, metter2009 said:

Would it be better to use a Pattaya based Taxi Service for the trip there in the morning and a Rayong based service for the trip back. 

See my previous comment about this.

I used Mr. T for a few longer visits like Nong Nooch where the driver stayed and to the hospital in Sriracha and it was cheap. I am sure he'd do a daily Rayong trip for a flat rate each way.

I am surprised a large factory like HD would not have contacted him and set up this sort of thing beforehand as well.

If he needs a more formal company with receipts etc to claim back his expenses then i would suggest someone like limopattaya.com. As others have said i would expect the company to sort him out. I know a couple of Thai graduates working in Bangkok. Not entry level but not senior management and both have company supplied car and driver

Archived