IGNORED

Medical Travel Insurance

blue1878

In 2005 at the age of 47 I had a heart attack so that means that every time I get holiday insurance I have to go to companies that offer insurance for people like me who have a pre-existing medical problem.  Anyway I live in England and in December I will be flying of to Thailand for a month.  So last week I got my holiday insurance.

I went through AllClear Travel and got an insurance for £66.91 which I am happy with

https://www.allcleartravel.co.uk/

And because I went threw a cashback company called Quidco to get my insurance from AllClear Travel I will get back £6.91

https://www.quidco.com/

Sorry to here Blue about your heart attack. A really good price Blue considering your heart problems.  :D

I use insurefor.com and costs me £67.75 for an Annual policy covering 45 days per trip @ 51 years young along with pre-existing medidal conditions of being a Diabetic and High cholesterol and insurance for a motorbike upto 250cc. 

Have a great trip Blue and maybe one day our trip will coincide with each other any i will buy you a pint or two? :D

3 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Sorry to here Blue about your heart attack. A really good price Blue considering your heart problems.  :D

I use insurefor.com and costs me £67.75 for an Annual policy covering 45 days per trip @ 51 years young along with pre-existing medidal conditions of being a Diabetic and High cholesterol and insurance for a motorbike upto 250cc. 

Have a great trip Blue and maybe one day our trip will coincide with each other any i will buy you a pint or two? :D

It would be great to meet up with you in Pattaya for a beer or two in Pattaya

The heart attack happened just after Everton got beat 1 - 0 by Wigan on Saturday 24th September.  About 10 to 15 minutes after the match ended.  Heart attack due to high Cholesterol.  Luckily I got sorted out later that evening.  I was off work for 10 weeks and exactly 12 weeks after my heart attack I was flying off to Thailand for my first ever Christmas and New Year in Pattaya

• 1 month later...

For Americans, I used Travelguard.  They had three packages to choose from.  A 18 day package was about $145 USD.  Could have also chosen upgrades for rental cars, but I plan on not driving and just walking on Walking Street ;-)

Compulsory Travel Insurance

Foreign tourists will soon be required to have travel insurance before entering Thailand.The plan was proposed by a committee working on the development of Thailand as a wellness tourism hub and will be forwarded for consideration by the national tourism policy commission.
The requirement should not be seen as a "hurdle" to visitors to Thailand, the source said on Monday. Under the proposal, the Office of the Insurance Commission would draft details on insurance policies and insurance distribution channels, including the installation of automatic vending machines at international airports and border checkpoints. The Tourism and Sports Ministry first proposed requiring foreign visitors to have travel insurance last year, explaining it did not have enough staff to supervise the safety and welfare of the growing number of tourists. Hospitals have until now often been left carrying the cost of medical treatment of tourists injured during their stay in Thailand and who have no means to pay their bills. I'll have more on this as soon as it's finalized. More on medical insurance here..

Source Thailand Retirement Helpers email newsletter 

image.png

Just now, Bonkabit said:

Foreign tourists will soon be required to have travel insurance before entering Thailand.The plan was proposed by a committee working on the development of Thailand as a wellness tourism hub and will be forwarded for consideration by the national tourism policy commission.

First proposed decades ago, and still no nearer coming IMO.

17 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

The requirement should not be seen as a "hurdle" to visitors to Thailand, the source said on Monday. Under the proposal, the Office of the Insurance Commission would draft details on insurance policies and insurance distribution channels, including the installation of automatic vending machines at international airports and border checkpoints. The Tourism and Sports Ministry first proposed requiring foreign visitors to have travel insurance last year, explaining it did not have enough staff to supervise the safety and welfare of the growing number of tourists. Hospitals have until now often been left carrying the cost of medical treatment of tourists injured during their stay in Thailand and who have no means to pay their bills. I'll have more on this as soon as it's finalized. More on medical insurance here..

Source Thailand Retirement Helpers email newsletter

17 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

First proposed decades ago, and still no nearer coming IMO. 

I agree with Taa_Saparot, here is a 5June 2017 Bangkok Post article proposing the same requirement, but nothing happened.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1262919/insurance-to-be-compulsory-for-travellers-to-thailand

Insurance to be compulsory for travellers to Thailand (5June 2017 Bangkok Post)

All foreign tourists will soon be required to have travel insurance before entering Thailand under a proposal put forward by a committee of the Tourism and Sports Ministry, according to an informed source….

Not sure if this was posted already, and its hardly ideal, but 10 baht for accident cover seems like value if you travel by motorbike or the like ?

https://pattayaone.news/en/10-baht-insurance-offered-holidaymakers/

10 baht insurance offered to holidaymakers
By P1 News editor - November 28, 2018

Holidaymakers: The Office of the Insurance Commission and 16 insurance companies have collaborated to launch insurance products for the coming New Year Festival to protect people from risks while traveling.

OIC Secretary-General Sutthiphon Thawichaikan said there are two insurance plans for people to choose from. The first, one which requires policy holders to pay a seven-baht premium, provides 50,000 to 100,000 baht-coverage for death, loss of organs and total permanent disability. Furthermore, policy holders will be paid 5,000 baht for a funeral if they die of illness (except death from illness within 15 days after the insurance takes effect.)

The other insurance plan, with a premium of 10 baht, provides coverage similar to the first plan. However, the 10-baht plan covers medical costs not exceeding 5,000 baht for an accident.

Now available at Counter Services and the Government Savings Bank, both insurance plans will provide coverage for 30 day periods from 1 December 2018 – 31 January 2019. Policyholders must be between 20 – 70 years of age.

Archived