Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Toronto to Bangkok

Danolo

After a cursory look at airfares from Toronto to Bangkok it looks like economy is around $1,000 (I assume CDN dollars)

Further, premium economy is about double and business class about triple.

I'm 6'2", with long legs, so I suspect economy would be torture.

Business class if refundable is closer to $8,000 depending on when you are going. If you are going to spend even $1,000 go to a proper travel agent (like Carlson Wagonlit in Toronto) and compare Cathay, Eva, Air Canada for Pacific routes and something like Emirates or Qatar heading east. They charge $35 or $40 to issue a ticket, and can tell you the matrix of fare types, seating types, refund and change fees and so forth. 

Economy is torture for an hour, so the 15 1/2 to HKG would be 15 1/2X torture, then add on 3 hours to Bangkok. So 18 1/2 hours of torture. 

I have access to a GDS and for a hypothetical trip leaving November 14th for two weeks there are 355 different fares just for economy. Business on CX, AC, or Eva range from $5400 up, PE around $2500 up and economy $800 and up. You have taxes and fees on top of those and these fares do not assume the airline will sell any of a certain fare basis even though they publish a fare. As they sell out the lower fares vanish even in PE and Business Class.

Use a real travel agent but don't expect $2,000 PE and $3,000 J fares on anyone. 

I just flew this route on CX, still shoulder season and a refundable/changeable business ticket with a 5 day stopover in Hong Kong was $7,600 CDN. 

Wow... like I said, it was a cursory look at fares. Obviously I didn't look far enough.

$7,600 CDN makes such a trip almost impossible anytime soon.

Dammit, I have a huge credit limit on my credit card... ah well..

Archived