IGNORED

Laos Visa Run Today

jerseyboy

Did Thai Laos Visa run today.Friendship Bridge Route (Nong Khai)

Well it is quite straight forward;Except for Lao passport control took long time.

OK first thing i did was find company just before bridge Called Kantana Tour they did all paper work for 30bht,Then take you on tuktuk to bridge 200mtrs, here you hop on bus to cross bridge, after thai passport control easy 15bht for bus.Cross Bridge 2 Minutes arrive Lao hop off bus.This is where you then wait at window one signed Tourist visa application.Make sure you have photo,1500bht,passport and paperwork,I saw a good few who had something missing and the queue is not short as only use one window,He will take everything then tell you go window 3,This is where the wait is,after 10 minutes window opens out pops hand with passport showing photo if its yours good luck i waited another 40 minutes.When you have done this your free to make return trip or use the 30 days you have know stamped in your passport,I did not,Straight to duty free shop B&H 48bht Thai cigs 9bht packet all helps after paying 1500bht for Visa.Return was easy just cross over from duty free,Passport control quick,Hop on bus cross bridge,Thai Passport control will give you stamp for 15 days. :)

Hope this helps

KANTANA TOUR

THAI-LAOS

VISA SERVICE

081-9641411

042-411132

Just want to add tour company told my TGF if i stayed Laos at least one night and left passport to be stamped on my return would get 60 day visa,I made her ask twice,Still do not think this is true,But hey this is THAILAND Goodluck PA's

Useful info - handy to know if you want to go onto Vientiane for the 2x tourist visa. Wonder if they know a quick way for that also?

Be scene and not herd.

• 3 months later...
Did Thai Laos Visa run today.Friendship Bridge Route (Nong Khai)

Well it is quite straight forward;Except for Lao passport control took long time.

OK first thing i did was find company just before bridge Called Kantana Tour they did all paper work for 30bht,Then take you on tuktuk to bridge 200mtrs, here you hop on bus to cross bridge, after thai passport control easy 15bht for bus.Cross Bridge 2 Minutes arrive Lao hop off bus.This is where you then wait at window one signed Tourist visa application.Make sure you have photo,1500bht,passport and paperwork,I saw a good few who had something missing and the queue is not short as only use one window,He will take everything then tell you go window 3,This is where the wait is,after 10 minutes window opens out pops hand with passport showing photo if its yours good luck i waited another 40 minutes.When you have done this your free to make return trip............

So what paperwork did Kantana Tour sort out for you? The only paperwork that I can think of is the application for the Laos Visa and the TM when re-entering Thailand. Neither difficult to fill in, so why would you need an agent?

If I remember correctly, the Lao visa is $35, so you save a bit if you have $US.

When you have done this your free to make return trip

You are NOT free to make the return trip at this point, you cannot simply turn around and board the bus back to Thailand. You have your visa, but as yet have not officially entered Laos, you will have to proceed through immigration for your entry stamp, then pay your entry fee (10 Baht) at the booth after that.

When you reach the area where you meet the TukTuk and taxi touts, turn left and left again (or visit duty free opposite), pass through immigration and get your exit stamp. THEN you can board the bus back to Thailand.

If you try to return to Thailand with only the Lao visa and no entry/exit stamp, the Thai immigration will likely send you back.

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

Just want to add tour company told my TGF if i stayed Laos at least one night and left passport to be stamped on my return would get 60 day visa,I made her ask twice,Still do not think this is true

it is exactly true, as long as you apply for the visa before noon (or 11am) at the Thai Consulate

now the visas are free too

with a 60 day visa you can stay for 90 days & you can get a double entry, meaning you could stay in LOS 90 days, then do a border run & come back for 90 more days

the 60 day visas can be extended for 30 days

If you apply for a visa into Laos at Friendship bridge, Nong Khai - Vientiane, on issuance of the visa they will also stamp you into Laos at the same time that you get your visa, just one window to queue up at and then after pay the small fee or any overtime fees at the other small office and that is it.

If you arrive at the Thai consulate in Vientiane in the morning you can apply for a tourist visa, this at the present time is free, you can then pick up your passport with the new visa in the next afternoon so will be given permission to stay in Thailand for 60 days on arrival, this can be extended in Thailand for another 30 days costing 1,900baht.

Edited by JomtienCafe

I did this and combined it with a holiday. See my TR here, has info on the process as well as pics from Vientiane and Udon Thani.

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

Bruce, since you wrote that TR the Thai consulate has moved into a brand new building about 1km away, it is a lot better now with numbers given out and things like that.

If you apply for a visa into Laos at Friendship bridge, Nong Khai - Vientiane, on issuance of the visa they will also stamp you into Laos at the same time that you get your visa, just one window to queue up at and then after pay the small fee or any overtime fees at the other small office and that is it.........

When did they start to do this then?

It certainly makes sense, so no need to queue twice now, progress :Chokdee:

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

I believe Thais can enter Laos for 3 days on just their ID card - at least that's how it used to be.

Be scene and not herd.

Bruce, since you wrote that TR the Thai consulate has moved into a brand new building about 1km away, it is a lot better now with numbers given out and things like that.
Thanks, good to know.

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

Loong you still need to sort of queue up twice, when you go into the grounds you are given a number, fill out all your paper work and sit down till your number is called, hand in your documents and sit down again, blocks of numbers are then called and you go into the main building and sit down and wait till your number is called again, hand over the money and away you go till the next afternoon.