IGNORED

Bang Saen beach

exercise

How do I get there from Bangkok other than taxi? If I can get a cheap taxi then even better but I've been quoted 1400 baht.

I took a taxi from pattaya and was originally quoted 1400 but talked them down to 1200 round trip. Stayed about 2 hours. No idea if it's closer or farther from you in bkk but definitely talk to a handful of drivers/taxi stands and see who will negotiate. 

Why not search Google: "Bang Saen, travel from Bangkok" or "... from Bangkok airport?"

Perhaps there is a bus; maybe a local BM will know.

Or send enquiry to http://namstaxipattaya.com

Bang Saen on my map is about half-way between BKK airport and Pattaya.

Given taxis normally charge 1000-1200 bahts one-way Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya, it seems a bit much to charge the same for half the distance. 

Trip to Bang Saen 
VIP buses run from Ekamai like all Bang Saen buses. Where it terminates at Bang Saen is where you go to pick it up later. Just head to the bus station and ask at the desk for the Bang Saen VIP bus. If no VIPs are available then regular airconditioned bus (rot air) will do the job. Do not take a "rot tour" as they are not air conditioned.

(Cut and paste from TripAdvisor).

Why not search Google: "Bang Saen, travel from Bangkok" or "... from Bangkok airport?"
Perhaps there is a bus; maybe a local BM will know.
Or send enquiry to http://namstaxipattaya.com
Bang Saen on my map is about half-way between BKK airport and Pattaya.
Given taxis normally charge 1000-1200 bahts one-way Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya, it seems a bit much to charge the same for half the distance. 

If you use a Pattaya taxi service I don't see how they could charge any less for this trip, even though it’s not nearly as far. The driver still has to drive from Pattaya to the airport, park, and wait for her passenger. Then after she drops him off in Bang Saen she has to drive back to Pattaya. So time spent and mileage driven are the same.

You'd be better off either just taking a taxi from the airport or hiring a driver that’s based closer to the airport. Still better would be to hire a driver based in Bang Saen. Their time spent and miles driven drop dramatically, and the fare should be much lower.

Regards advice to get a VIP bus from Ekkamai I'm not confident that there is one and Ekkamai is a trek from DMK airport.

Would be great if I could get a taxi contact in Bang Saen.

A one minute search on Google turned up info you may find helpful.

Mo Chit bus station near DMK, take bus to:

Bangkok Bus Terminal

1 h 50 min by Bus, hourly

$4 - $7

Si Racha

Si Racha

13 min by Taxi(15.9 km)
$9 - $11

Ban Bang Saen (2)

The problem with quick searches is it brings up stale information. I would much rather here from someone who has taken that route in recent months. But thanks for your help.

Archived