IGNORED

Aeroflot from Dublin

gustafo15

Anybody ever flown with Aeroflot?

Seem to have a good deal from Dublin via Moscow in November tempted to book it,

I didn't think I would do another trip before end of year but just coming to the end of my month here and I find myself checking flight prices for November!

It's an addiction I tell ya.

Saw that last week , was thinking of taking it up with 20 hours stopover to tour Moscow in December until I forget about the coldest winter there . Never took that flight before . But who cares ,  any flight to Bangkok will do for me . 

50 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Saw that last week , was thinking of taking it up with 20 hours stopover to tour Moscow in December until I forget about the coldest winter there . Never took that flight before . But who cares ,  any flight to Bangkok will do for me . 

Ya that time would pretty cold there alright

The stopover time is good on the flight I'm looking at with just 2hr20min on the way out and just over 3hr on d way back

It's just the cold husky hospitality that could be a problem

I bet it is €450 approx .... I wouldn’t care about their hospitality , for that price , fantastic. Plus you can always tell your grandchildren that you went to Moscow once . 5555 

50 minutes ago, jocky king said:

I bet it is €450 approx .... I wouldn’t care about their hospitality , for that price , fantastic. Plus you can always tell your grandchildren that you went to Moscow once . 5555 

Yep that's the one great price.

Well it's going to be a long time for grandchildren but I have a missus who's up the duff so just trying to do a last trip for a while before she comes over to live in January

I have done it few times from Bangkok to Helsinki and other way around. Good stuff for that price. They don't serve alcohol at all in the planes but otherwise the service and food was good and the planes pretty new A333 or B773.

Airport is smoke free, except in the toilet where everyone seems to be smoking. When you go back home, don't forget to buy cigs and vodka from Moscow airport. They are dirt cheap. 10€ for 1l of quality vodka and like 15€ of 10 boxes of Winston or similar brands. They have the usual western brands, when Suvarnabhumi have very weird brands.

For that price you will get very good service and the trip time is one of the fastest through Moscow.

All these flights are great going, its when you want to get back home on the return leg that you realise the hastle. The airport will be heated so their winter won't come into play. 

I think these routes really are a false economy. I got Thai next summer from London direct Bangkok at £520. Plus used avios to get BA from NI for £88.

Different terminals at Heathrow, but who cares. £600 odd direct is worth every penny. Good luck with you traversing the globe, but its not for me.  

All the people are not in hurry. If you are in Thailand for months, that £150 you can do many things in Thailand and you only save like 5 or 6 hours when you get a direct flight. I understand 2 week tourists take a direct.

• 2 weeks later...

I flew with Aeroflot 2 years ago from Amsterdam > Moscow > BKK. Usually i take direct flights however my mate insisted to do a stopover in Moscow and save 150€ each. 

- The flights were superb, all legs. Never flown so smoothly before. And the staff was excellent.

- The stopover in Moscow was chaotic and hectic.

- On the way back home our flight from BKK to Moscow was delayed 2 hours which meant we would miss our connecting flight. We were stranded on Moscow airport for 14 hours. All we got was a 600RUB  dinercoupon which buys you absolutely nothing in the airport. So they were rendered useless.

All in all i think Aeroflot is a great airliner, we were just unlucky our flight got delayed on the way back home. Moscow airport sucks the big one.

I still highly favor paying 150€ extra and take a direct flight with EVA Airlines. 

• 2 months later...

Anyone done this route yet its coming up the cheapest for a trip in March for me,but would like to know if anybody has flown from Dublin with them yet 

Some people above mention using the long stopover to have a look round Moscow, are you actually allowed to leave the airport without a russian visa?  Having to stay in the airport and not being able to enter russia could also be a problem with missed connections / long delays

3 hours ago, gmingot said:

Some people above mention using the long stopover to have a look round Moscow, are you actually allowed to leave the airport without a russian visa?  Having to stay in the airport and not being able to enter russia could also be a problem with missed connections / long delays

You need a Visa to enter Russia, and are not allow to enter without it if you are a EU/Schengen Citizen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Russia#Visa-free_transit

If memory serves me right the way they handle missed connections / long delays is that there is a hotel next to the airport, a guard will walk you to and from the hotel check in and you are expected to stay on the no visa floor. Meals are handled by room service.

• 3 weeks later...

I have flown Aeroflot many times, they are decent.

Archived