IGNORED

Schengen visa question

spider0064

A Thai girl I know has a schengen visa which has a stamp on it saying that she needs to report to the issuing countries embassey on her return the period given to report is 10 days from the expiry date of the visa.

Why is this as she has been stamped in and out already from the country visited and also back into Thailand and only stayed for the time stated on her initial visa application, anyone have experience with this and reasons for reporting as she wouldn't want any problems with future applications for not reporting at the embassey in Bangkok.

Thanks 

To confirm her return to Thailand.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

12 hours ago, spider0064 said:

A Thai girl I know has a Schengen visa which has a stamp on it saying that she needs to report to the issuing countries embassey on her return the period given to report is 10 days from the expiry date of the visa.

Why is this as she has been stamped in and out already from the country visited and also back into Thailand and only stayed for the time stated on her initial visa application, anyone have experience with this and reasons for reporting as she wouldn't want any problems with future applications for not reporting at the embassey in Bangkok.

Thanks 

Not all Schengen countries apply this rule, but I think the reason is obvious.

17 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Pointless bureaucracy?

Absolutely agree ....

On 26/09/2018 at 19:59, bakufoz said:

To confirm her return to Thailand.

Yes by passing through immigration and out of Italy and back into Thailand 

17 hours ago, bar stool said:

Not all Schengen countries apply this rule, but I think the reason is obvious.

Stamped out of Italy and back into Thailand I think that's clear and obvious enough, the point I don't understand is why she needed to report to the Italian embassey in person just a pointless trip to Bangkok.

Anyway clearly back in Thailand she faxed over the pages to the embassey or someone to prove she had indeed returned.

First time I've seen this myself as you say not all Schengen countries apply this.

Thanks everyone for your comments 

My Gf had been visiting me 3 times in Norway on a Schengen visa.On the 4`th visit I mixed up the dates with the airplane tickets causing her an 5 day overstay.This was pointed out to her at the passport control when she left Norway,but no stamp was given in her passport indicating an overstay.

However on her 5`th visit last year the Schengen visa was granted to her,but on condition that she reported to the Norwegian embassy in Bkk within 10 days of her return.

How difficult would it be for an unmarried thai woman, with one child in Thailand to be able to get a Visa in Spain or italy for 2 weeks ?  She would be visiting there with her boyfriend.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 05:27, bigmac9899 said:

How difficult would it be for an unmarried thai woman, with one child in Thailand to be able to get a Visa in Spain or italy for 2 weeks ?  She would be visiting there with her boyfriend.

Thanks

Why is an American interested in unmarried Thai women wanting to visit Spain or Italy?

They will not get a visa on arrival, but they could apply for a tourist visa from a (in principle any) Schengen country.

If they book and pay airplane and hotel and have the monies to cover other expenses, they will be fine.

If she intends “working” there, that’s a different kettle of fish.

28 minutes ago, bar stool said:

Why is an American interested in unmarried Thai women wanting to visit Spain or Italy?

They will not get a visa on arrival, but they could apply for a tourist visa from a (in principle any) Schengen country.

If they book and pay airplane and hotel and have the monies to cover other expenses, they will be fine.

Totally different issue if she was coming to the UK. I'm going through this process at the moment by trying to bring the (very) longterm g/f over and it's a nightmare.

3 hours ago, bar stool said:

I travel to Spain and Italy on business and would like to bring my girlfriend with me.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 01:40, chelseafan said:

Totally different issue if she was coming to the UK. I'm going through this process at the moment by trying to bring the (very) longterm g/f over and it's a nightmare.

Unlike most of Europe the UK is not a Schengen country.

Different rules.

1 hour ago, bar stool said:

Unlike most of Europe the UK is not a Schengen country.

Different rules.

Don't I know it

Archived