IGNORED

Bangkok - Kurissara

ChiFlyer

I was going to post this in the Bangkok forum, but I did not see a food specific sub-forum.

This restaurant is within walking distance of the Chatrium Riverside hotel. My lady friend and I were looking for something close by last night and I noticed this place on the net. The Google Review average of 4.9 out of 5 caught my eye. Basically, it has Bangkok style Thai food as opposed to an Isan style. The food was very good, very fresh, and reasonably priced. It is a small place (seats maybe 20), but very clean and well kept with a friendly staff. I spent under 1200 baht for two entrees, a soup, some rice, and two beers. That is not bad for a tourist area place. Portions were large. I read that it gets crowded around 7. We went early (about 5:30) and it was filling up by the time we left.

Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/kurissarathaic/

A few pics:

Tom Yom Khung

5bab009f703b5_KurissaraTomYomKung.thumb.JPG.774fbc2deccccc8553637811d6dbbd6b.JPG

Yellow Curry Crab

5bab00e7f0e0c_KurissaraYellowCurryCrab.thumb.JPG.e132b360481a0aed81f4746c62f0ca0b.JPG

Fried Sea Bass

5bab00cf7650b_KurissaraFriedSeaBass.thumb.JPG.f66b86d7e377e48f94aed62d3efe4d92.JPG

I would not make a point of treking across town for this place, but if I was in the area I would stop in for sure. Several tables ordered the shrimp cakes and they looked very good.

Oh - and they do not take credit cards.

Archived