IGNORED

Ideas for where to read books and chill out

Bartle

I like to read a lot. It keeps me busy in the day time. I am not going to boom boom for the whole month I'l be in Patts, so early evening reading will be good too.

What places are nice to read? I'd be drinking coffee some times and beer a bit of the time. I'd like a few venues to make it interesting.

By the swimming pool under the shade if your hotel or condo have one .... 

Lots of great coffee shops in Central Festival (2x Starbucks: one by Beach Road has an upper deck with an ocean view, Black Canyon, Southern Coffee). I also like The Roof at Pattaya Avenue.

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

My favorite is to sit at Bake N Brew, have a coffee, enjoy the view of people walking by, and read whatever current book is on my reader. 

https://goo.gl/maps/cfWEcpZHV1z

Another favorite is Malamute Coffee by Pattaya Memorial Hospital. It's a lot smaller venue so it isn't always easy to find a chair. But if you do, I find it really comfortable. Watching the nurses come in and out can be entertaining scenery too. 

https://goo.gl/maps/5vBzufqJBN92

Not quite as nice as either of those two, sometimes I just use the lobby of whatever hotel I'm staying at. While I do like to look around a bit when I'm reading and relaxing, I don't really want anyone talking to me. hotel lobbies are usually quiet, with comfortable seating, and sometimes even with a street view. :-)

On 23/09/2018 at 17:04, Autoroam said:

Triangle Bar

And pop next door to Canterbury tales book shop.

Sorted?

• 1 month later...

Try canterberry bookcafd in Soo Chaiapoom.

Nice used bookstore/cafe/view and an amazing host if dave is there.

23 minutes ago, pattaya mallu said:

Try canterberry bookcafd in Soo Chaiapoom.

Nice used bookstore/cafe/view and an amazing host if dave is there.

I tried that once and it didn't really work out for me, and yes Dave is a good host.

My problem was with Amon's massage shop across the Soi. I found it very distracting and sometime reading the same page several time without realizing it..

I enjoy reading at Starbucks in the Avenue Shopping Mall and late afternoon on the beach or out by the hotel pool under the umbrella.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

555 And here I thought that was the best part of having a beverage at Canterbury Tales. Timing how many minutes the hour massage lasts, and how big the smiles of the customers are when they leave. 555

Archived