Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What are people paying for monthly rent around/above bars?

Bartle

I am headed to Patts again. Going to be there for a month and renting either a condo, hotel room, or some other kind of place. Chain watching videos from Simon of "land of smiles Thailand" on youtube I saw that he spend a lot of time living in rooms above or around the bars.

How much are these places? Obviously they are going to vary a lot in terms of noise at night, quality, etc. I'm just interested in an idea. I guess there will be some of them that are good quality, insulated against noise, yet in the action?

There are nice places above the bar that is now called "Atlantis" in Walking Street. That is the sort of standard I'd like. But it could be in Soi Bukow, or one of the other Sois near bars.

On the other hand, if the monthly rent is close to the day rate I'll look at spending some time in Pattaya, some in Koh Chaing, and some elsewhere. I sometimes take a few pictures of "tourist" places for friends, and family, without mentioning I am spending the bulk of my time in Pattaya..

Last year I actually spent a day just walking around the sois off of Beach Road and Second Road between Pattaya Klang (Central Road) and Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya Road), asking about monthly prices for rooms advertised above bars. Most were in the 9,000 baht per month range and included water, electric and air conditioning.  Whereas the hotels I asked usually had no discount from the daily rate if staying for a month.  I would expect very few rooms above bars on these sois to be as nice as the junior suites at Walking Street Guesthouse above Atlantis.  Also only a few of them had an elevator/lift.

“None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Archived