Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

NYC Winter Fare to Bangkok

windsors420

Finally decided to pull the trigger on a Winter trip to Asia. Found an $813 RT Jan 29-April 9 on Korean Air.  I was somewhat undecided if I would be Cheap and take China Eastern for $437. However, the thougth of being chained with Mainland Chinese for more than 20 hours made me quite worried. I think the large A380 being flown by Korean Air closed the deal. I booked on the Korean Air Website directly.

I am booked for December/January out of JFK but I guess I should look into booking April at those fares.  :D It is insane that Europe is half as far but costs 2x as much!

5 hours ago, windsors420 said:

Finally decided to pull the trigger on a Winter trip to Asia. Found an $813 RT Jan 29-April 9 on Korean Air.  I was somewhat undecided if I would be Cheap and take China Eastern for $437. However, the thougth of being chained with Mainland Chinese for more than 20 hours made me quite worried. I think the large A380 being flown by Korean Air closed the deal. I booked on the Korean Air Website directly.

IMHO, Korean Air and most likely going thru ICN, Seoul is pretty good. Since Delta doesn't fly into Bangkok anymore, I fly them to ICN and then Korean Air to Bangkok.

I have flown China Eastern once and for it wasn't the best experience and going thru Shanghai wasn't that good either.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

8 hours ago, LeoTex said:

IMHO, Korean Air and most likely going thru ICN, Seoul is pretty good. Since Delta doesn't fly into Bangkok anymore, I fly them to ICN and then Korean Air to Bangkok.

I have flown China Eastern once and for it wasn't the best experience and going thru Shanghai wasn't that good either.

LeoTex

I just went thru Shanghai 2 weeks ago heading to the states and 2 days ago returning to LOS.  If one has a connection in Shanghai make sure you have plenty of time as they don't have the normal method of making a connection.  You have to pass thru immigration just like you were visiting the city, collect your checked luggage, and then pass thru customs,  Then you've got to go to departures and check in with your airlines to get a boarding pass and recheck your luggage. Then back thru immigration before passing thru security.  Took me over 3 hours on the way back to the states and over 2 hours coming back to LOS.

16 hours ago, windsors420 said:

Thats a good price for korean air out of nyc I have seen that same flight as much as $1500 in the past. enjoy !

help

Just booked Cathay Pacific for 760 for 8Oct to 23Oct. Used to always fly united because I had status with them but since those days are over trying someone new. Went through kayak and clicked the link to book directly with the airline. Strange thing was that the fare dropped from the quote on the kayak page and the price I paid directly with Cathay Pacific.

Archived