Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort ?

hotfunguy

Stayed at the Pattaya Bay Resort back in 2012. Believe there was then some construction going on. 

Cannot find any info as to whether hotel is still active. Does anyone have any info on the Pattaya Bay Resort. It was a budget hotel and good value for money back then. Rooms were a good size. Thanks.

Just now, hotfunguy said:

Thanks for that.

yeah it's dead in the water. no work going on, the chances of it ever opening again are slim

Sign says... due to reopen in 2017...

She's dead Jim...

Inside has a layer of built up dust...  Obviously hasn't been touched since they locked the doors up...

Ahhhh so many happy memories. Had 3 months there back in 2011...happy days.

22 minutes ago, hotfunguy said:

Strange that it is just sitting there after all this time gathering dust. It was a good hotel in it's day.

Yes, the roof top pool area was very good. Nice brekkie served up there too. The best thing was the staff...lovely, friendly people.

First hotel I ever stayed at on my first trip to Pattaya about 10 years ago. Remember was 1000 baht a night but you got a discount if you stayed more than a week. Nice staff and good room service.

16 hours ago, hotfunguy said:

You are right. Did they have 2 pools?

No mate only one pool.

On 9/23/2018 at 12:41, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

No mate only one pool.

Which developed a huge crack... after they started the work next door...

As well as them undermining the neighboring wall and causing it to fall over into the construction site...

same same next door at Mercure...

I didn’t know about this...thanks for the update. I wonder in PBR will be refurbished some day.

On 9/22/2018 at 19:48, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Yes, the roof top pool area was very good. Nice brekkie served up there too. The best thing was the staff...lovely, friendly people.

Stayed there my first trip in Nov 20182008. Agree the breakfast was very good and nice pool too. Found a pic of the pool in the dusty recesses of my my HD.

PB070039.jpg

On 27/09/2018 at 01:31, forcebwithu said:

Stayed there my first trip in Nov 2018. Agree the breakfast was very good and nice pool too. Found a pic of the pool in the dusty recesses of my my HD.

not 2018  that's for sure

8 hours ago, striderman said:

not 2018  that's for sure

LOL. I'll go back and edit the post so none will be the wiser. :)

On 27/09/2018 at 01:31, forcebwithu said:

Stayed there my first trip in Nov 20182008. Agree the breakfast was very good and nice pool too. Found a pic of the pool in the dusty recesses of my my HD.

So many happy memories come flooding back. Thanks for posting.

The Owner was a Canadian chap called Kim, I believe he had a gay Thai partner, wonder what happened to him, he was a nice fella. :rolleyes:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

It was my first hotel too back in 2010. I spent three weeks there, plus they provided my transportation from and to the airport. :-) I have lots of good memories from that place but no photos. :-) 

2 hours ago, Petesie said:

The Owner was a Canadian chap called Kim, I believe he had a gay Thai partner, wonder what happened to him, he was a nice fella. :rolleyes:

Still see Dr Kim around reasonably often. Usually in Heaven Above or around Walking Street and always with his usual entourage of slim ladies. He was, and no doubt still is, a very nice guy.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

My buddy hoot fell off a kerb and badly twisted his ankle, Kim drove us to the hospital, what a chap.

Also when they invaded the airport I had to stay an extra 10 days...bugger, cost me a pair of tits. when I came back a few months later Kim would not charge me as the TAT had paid him. :)

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

50 minutes ago, Petesie said:

Also when they invaded the airport I had to stay an extra 10 days...bugger, cost me a pair of tits.

I always did think you had a fine looking pair in your pics :Whistle:

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Archived