IGNORED

Fisherman Indian food

keverton

Last night me and my mate his wife and my t/g went to the fisherman restuarant on the dark side by the lake, all I can say is it was "excellent "  (no pics sorry) to star we all had poppadoms  and onion bahgees,  really tasty and none were left on the plate, for my main meal I had chicken took a Masala, really tender chunks of chicken in a beautiful sauce (I asked for a little spicy and that's what I got) I also had chips/fries that were also very tasty ,my mate had the chicken koorma with pilau rice and said his too was excellent,  the girls had an indian chicken dish (cant remember the name) but the chicken  looked lovely they also shared a thai dish of prawns, i had two bottles of Heineken may mate got a Singh light and a bottle of sprite  while the girls had water, the total price for the 4 of us was 1720 baht and it was well worth it (to us brits about £8/£9 per person, i really can't reccomend this place enough,it is spotless and its an open kitchen were you can see the food being prepared,  fellow mongers you have got too try this place if you like an indian curry and the menu is very good with different lamb And beef dishes  they also do pizzas etc and other food, i am no way affiliated with this place but i thought I would pass on my comments here because we all enjoyed that much,  happy mongering my friends.

How were you the next morning, thank god for them bum guns in the bathroom eh?:D

Been on the go for a good number of years, tends to be up and down, so good to hear its on the up nowadays. I have never had a bad meal there.

14 hours ago, vimto66 said:

How were you the next morning, thank god for them bum guns in the bathroom eh?:D

Vimto,truthfully my guts were ok next morning,no cramps, stomach ache,or diarrohea, but yes the bin guns are a godsend mate.

That indian restaurant is certainly the best one in Pattaya and it has a really nice view on the lake Maprachan.

The only issue is its location:

- more than 10km from Sukhumvit road,

- in winter the nights around the lake are pretty cool, less than 20°c in december/january

14 hours ago, keverton said:

Vimto,truthfully my guts were ok next morning,no cramps, stomach ache,or diarrohea, but yes the bin guns are a godsend mate.

I love a few pints and then going for a good curry back home, and my guts are normally fine even with the hot ones, but the next day i always pay one or two more visits to the toilet than normal and unleash a flock of seagulls or two!:P

• 3 months later...

I had the best curry I've had for a long time at madras durber

Think that's what it was called

Easy to find opposite central festival 

I went to the Fishermans once a few years ago and had the worst Indian meal I have ever had in my life. Very badly cooked, very cheap ingredients and way overpriced.

I would not go back there if I was paid to.

15 hours ago, princeofwales said:

I had the best curry I've had for a long time at madras durber

Think that's what it was called

Easy to find opposite central festival 

Yeah, I like the food there too. But it's fairly pricey.

Archived