IGNORED

Just Booked the longest flight in the world

ninjaboy28

all in the name of Thai pussy!  18hrs and 45min Newark NJ to Singapore then on to BKK Total travel around 22hrs paid $1530 usd for Premium Economy most of the way -anyone else try this route yet?

Singapore-Airlines-A350-900ULR-Premium-Economy-Zodiac-fully-reclined-top-view.jpg

help

So many time zones to cross, what time do you actually reach Bangkok.

................................................................................................................

That’s a fairly quick flight time from the east coast. I average around 22 hours or so traveling on Qatar airlines.  There are some flights with multiple layovers and the total travel time can end up being 46 hours or more 

I thought about booking the EWR-SIN route, but said fuck paying almost a $1k more. That $1K can go towards at least (LEAST) 10 Gogo girl short times - or 30 beach road FL's.   (Booked China Air round trip for December JFK-PEK-BKK for $588)

Singapore Airlines should've kept it at below $1K for me to have taken seriously. But, enjoy!  Give a trip review with pics if able. 

I was curious about the routing so asked Google.

From Singapore the Great Circle route goes north-east almost to the north pole and then down to east coast of USA. Return is the reverse. 

Flight time Singapore to Bangkok is a bit over two hours (plus transfer time).

How is that the longest flight time in the world? That is the usual flight time with the shortest layover from the US... And that is only if you are flying from a major hub.

Sent from my View XL using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, hioctane said:

How is that the longest flight time in the world? That is the usual flight time with the shortest layover from the US... And that is only if you are flying from a major hub.

It’s referring to the 18hr 45 min leg of the trip from EWR to Singapore, not the overall trip.  

weird that it takes so long.  From Ottawa, it's only an hour and 20 minute flight to EWR.   Ottawa or MTL to Singapore is usually only 13-14 hours for the long flight.   Either way, that's a pretty shit flight, I'd go insane. if I was stuck on a flight another 4-5 hours than normal.

1 hour ago, MF-AJ said:

That's definitely not a long flight at all from US. What's the airline? I've not seen seats like that in premium/economy.

it's a new flight with singapore airlines -now the longest flight in the world. all seats on this plane are premium economy 

help

1 hour ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

I thought about booking the EWR-SIN route, but said fuck paying almost a $1k more. That $1K can go towards at least (LEAST) 10 Gogo girl short times - or 30 beach road FL's.   (Booked China Air round trip for December JFK-PEK-BKK for $588)

Singapore Airlines should've kept it at below $1K for me to have taken seriously. But, enjoy!  Give a trip review with pics if able. 

I hear ya -but china airlines I cant do -I hate traveling through China. . the flight sucks no matter what plane  or airline but I thought $1500 is not such a bad price for a bigger seat and chance of getting some sleep . Also I'm from dirty Jersey so Getting to jfk airport is a tough one to begin with. Enjoy your trip bro!

help

35 minutes ago, ninjaboy28 said:

it's a new flight with singapore airlines -now the longest flight in the world. all seats on this plane are premium economy 

I looked at this too. It was ~ $1900 on the dates I wanted, Eva PE was $1540 so Eva won out.

China airlines is actually Taiwan based. Trying them out on my next flight. YVR-TPE-BKK with shorter connection times than EVA. Reviews of them look good so hoping for good things.

I flew Singapore PE from LAX to ICN a few months ago. It was comfortable and, IMHO, well worth the cost over economy.

On the way to Seoul, I had an entire row to myself. I was in the middle section (2-4-2 layout) and I moved to the middle 2 seats, because the armrest lifted between those seats (but not between aisle seat and the one next to it). Leg room is good and extra recline, but nowhere near lie flat.

I’m a bit of a flight geek, so flying the current “longest flight” seems pretty cool to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty amazing commercial flights of 18+ hours are now possible. Longest flight ever was a test flight back in 2012, London to Hong Kong on a Boeing 777 that clocked in at 22 hrs 42 min.

That premium economy seat does look comfortable. Hope the guy behind you isn't one of those that believe seats shouldn't be reclined. :D

Enjoy the flight, but at 18+ hours I'd go stir crazy.

There are many longer flights by distance than this.
Auckland - Dohar and Perth - London for 2.

3 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

There are many longer flights by distance than this.
Auckland - Dohar and Perth - London for 2.

Nope....

- Auckland to Doha is 9,032 miles and takes just over 18 hours

- Perth to London is 9,010 miles and takes about 17 1/2 hours

- Singapore to Newark is clocking in at about 9,500 miles and, as noted, over 18 1/2 hours.

"All told, the flight will cover a distance of approximately 9,500 miles, far outstripping the world’s current longest flight by distance, Qatar Airways’ route from Doha to Auckland, which clocks in at 9,032 miles. Travel time will last up to 18 hours, 45 minutes."  https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericrosen/2018/05/30/singapore-airlines-will-fly-worlds-new-longest-flight-new-york-to-singapore-in-october/#13e39157e3f6 

8 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I flew Singapore PE from LAX to ICN a few months ago. It was comfortable and, IMHO, well worth the cost over economy.

how much was that ticket? just curious

. Leg room is good and extra recline, but nowhere near lie flat. 

any idea if you had the newly redesigned seat? did it look pretty much as the one in the pic? 

I’m a bit of a flight geek, so flying the current “longest flight” seems pretty cool to me!

yeah I was thinking the same thing ,also never been to singapore airport 

help

9 hours ago, Man7 said:

China airlines is actually Taiwan based. Trying them out on my next flight. YVR-TPE-BKK with shorter connection times than EVA. Reviews of them look good so hoping for good things.

China airlines out of Taiwan -I would try out. But China air the flight out of nyc for $588 usd ,I can't get past the horror stories of planes,airport,delays and fellow travelers . Eva air out of Taiwan is great.

help

China airlines out of Taiwan -I would try out. But China air the flight out of nyc for $588 usd ,I can't get past the horror stories of planes,airport,delays and fellow travelers . Eva air out of Taiwan is great.
I have flown every Chinese airline out if JFK...Best deals out there. The planes are fine. They are all new now. Going through China is a pain though. Make sure you have plenty of time to make your connection!

Ya every time I get tempted to try a flight through China I end up paying a bit more for Eva or Cathay. Curious to see how this one is with China air via Taipei. Still not a Chinese airline though.

Ya every time I get tempted to try a flight through China I end up paying a bit more for Eva or Cathay. Curious to see how this one is with China air via Taipei. Still not a Chinese airline though.
If it doesn't go through mainland, it is better.

On 9/17/2018 at 20:01, ninjaboy28 said:

18hrs and 45min Newark NJ to Singapore

What aircraft are they using for this route do you know? I think they used to use the very limited production A340-500 on this route back in its first incarnation in the early 00s but I think those particular planes have now been mothballed

Archived