IGNORED

Hotels with good wifi?

fatclown

I will have to work for a few days on my trip to thailand (christmas/new years), and I will need reliable internet for a few days. I can pay money for it, no problem, but I'd like it to be in my hotel.

Ideally as close to Walking Street as possible (even better if near iBar / Flexx night club area). I love iBar haha.

Do you guys have any hotels in mind? I can afford a nice, slightly luxurious hotel (within reason)...just wouldn't want to waste money on a ridiculously expensive one.

Recommendations for internet cafes could be helpful also in case the hotel wifi isnt as expected when I arrive.

Thank!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Hey mate.your thought of renting a condo for short time.airbandb has nice condos in Bangkok and pattaya with fast Wi-Fi.fibre connection. Cheaper than staying in hotels.own kitchen living room,etc...I have few recommend places if you want I pass them onto u.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hey mate.your thought of renting a condo for short time.airbandb has nice condos in Bangkok and pattaya with fast Wi-Fi.fibre connection. Cheaper than staying in hotels.own kitchen living room,etc...I have few recommend places if you want I pass them onto u.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

whitehouse condohotel on soi 13 has the best wifi of any hotel i have been to,50 mps down,30 up,or you can rent a condo with your own internet

Damn, whitehouse condohotel doesnt have rooms left for the dates im staying there.

Yeah ill take recommendations for condos on airbnb. I assume all condos are guest friendly then? Sometimes the landlord stays very nearby and can check up on you (at least in america).

Im wondering if there are any other concerns about condos i should think about. I guess theres nobody at the front desk taking your girls ID. And is there a safe in the room? This is minimal concern to me, ive never had issues with girls...but its just a question. I pretty much always plan to end up sleeping with a freelance girl at my hotel/condo...but like i said, ive never had problems with this.

Do they usually give you sufficient sheets and towels for your stay? Or do you have to do laundry? I think ill be there 10 nights.

Anything else im missing for differences between condos and hotels? Ive never actually used airbnb myself, only stayed with friends that took care of the airbnb reservations.

My other option is also to stay in the condo just 3 or 4 nights when im working, then i can move to a hotel if i want to, since reliable internet isnt as much of a concern.

Thanks for the help!

March Hotel  26.7 Upload   17.0  download  room 612

This has sister hotels April ,  August,  and May(?) ; I'd expect all of them would have about the same internet setup.

I don't know the speed but LK President &  Whisper  had decent speeds.

March Hotel  26.7 Upload   17.0  download  room 612
This has sister hotels April ,  August,  and May(?) ; I'd expect all of them would have about the same internet setup.
I don't know the speed but LK President &  Whisper  had decent speeds.

This is very helpful, gonna look at booking soon.

Those are very exact numbers, are you there right now? Or did you record this previously?

Many hotels have reliable WiFi, but my Internet Security doesn't like the mostly poorly secured offering.

The best solution for me is to buy a sim for 49 baht, spend some baht on a cheap data plan, use my phone as a portable hotspot with great security/ encryption to my laptop.

It costs a pittance - 400 baht or so for a 3 week trip ( less of course if only staying a couple of days) - so that when downloading data from say financial sites I'm safe. Plus phone/ data coverage whereever I am eg in Nam's taxi travelling from Swappy to patts etc etc - or doing the rounds of the bars etc.

Works for me - but up to you. 

More broadly on hotels - Pattaya has a price point and accompanying facilities for most people - just depends where you want stay. 

Personally I don't go to WS anywhere near like I once did - a couple of times in a 3 week stay etc - so Soi Bauhkow/ central Pattaya suits me fine, pricing around 1200 baht or less pn good transport , bars , food - works for me.

Have a great trip. :)

PS Baywalk Residence may be of interest to you near WS -

http://www.baywalkresidencepattaya.com/accom.html

But hotels - so many etc.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

Have you stayed at baywalk residence? Can you confirm their wifi is fast and reliable?

Location looks really good to me. I just made a reservation for a few days while working (they didnt have anything available for my whole trip, and i got the last room otherwise).

I can cancel anytime until early december, but it would be nice to know if youve been there personally! Otherwise i can try the March hotel the other person mentioned.

And youre saying most good hotels will have decent wifi? Ive only been to pattaya once and my hotel had kinda poor internet, so i dont know whats normal.

Im not concerned about security by the way. We have 2 factor authentication for work and it's pretty secure.

Thanks!

Many hotels have reliable WiFi, but my Internet Security doesn't like the mostly poorly secured offering.

The best solution for me is to buy a sim for 49 baht, spend some baht on a cheap data plan, use my phone as a portable hotspot with great security/ encryption to my laptop.

It costs a pittance - 400 baht or so for a 3 week trip ( less of course if only staying a couple of days) - so that when downloading data from say financial sites I'm safe. Plus phone/ data coverage whereever I am eg in Nam's taxi travelling from Swappy to patts etc etc - or doing the rounds of the bars etc.

More broadly on hotels - Pattaya has a price point and accompanying facilities for most people - just depends where you want stay. 

Personally I don't go to WS anywhere near like I once did - a couple of times in a 3 week stay etc - so Soi Bauhkow/ central Pattaya suits me fine, pricing around 1200 baht or less pn good transport , bars , food - works for me.

Have a great trip. [emoji4]

1 hour ago, fatclown said:

1) Have you stayed at Baywalk Residence? Can you confirm their wifi is fast and reliable?

2)Location looks really good to me.

3)Otherwise i can try the March Hotel the other person mentioned.

4) youre saying most good hotels will have decent wifi?

1) Nope. Never stayed there but personally it looks good.

Great if WS is the focus for a short trip. No idea about its wifi - see my comments  about Wifi etc

Have seen some comments about the hotel being 'dated" but take take as you will - up to you.

Location looks great to me for short stay in particular.

2) Yep on Beach Road stroll to WS etc - but up to you.

3) March is good from reviews from board members, never stayed there but its  a fair way away if WS is where you are focused. Up to you.

4) Wifi is all over in Pattaya these days - hotels, bars restaurants etc etc.

Doesn't mean its secured or adequately safe - as I've said above . Up to you.

* By saying "up to you" I'm saying weigh the risk.

Have a good trip.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

How fast are the wifi speeds using a phone as the hotspot?

I was probably going to get an international data plan through my carrier anyway for the trip.

I will have to work for 3 days while there, so i need someone to confirm the reliability and speed of the wifi (very important). So ill continue my search for more info!

Thanks!

1) Nope. Never stayed there but personally it looks good.
Great if WS is the focus for a short trip. No idea about its wifi - see my comments  about Wifi etc
Have seen some comments about the hotel being 'dated" but take take as you will - up to you.
Location looks great to me for short stay in particular.
2) Yep on Beach Road stroll to WS etc - but up to you.
3) March is good from reviews from board members, never stayed there but its  a fair way away if WS is where you are focused. Up to you.
4) Wifi is all over in Pattaya these days - hotels, bars restaurants etc etc.
Doesn't mean its secured or adequately safe - as I've said above . Up to you.
* By saying "up to you" I'm saying weigh the risk.
Have a good trip.

Yeah that would be awesome. I was just looking at airbnbs in manila, some of them advertise internet speeds. I think internet is overall much worse in the Philippines.

I can try the airbnb route in pattaya too, but i sort of like hotels (cleaning, fresh towels, room service, etc). And the airbnbs i saw didnt advertise wifi speeds either.

i wish hotels would advertise there internet speeds,if a hotel had fast internet it would be an advantage over other hotels with slow wifi that do not advertise

15 hours ago, fatclown said:

Those are very exact numbers, are you there right now? Or did you record this previously?

Two weeks ago, I usually do the speed test when I stay in a hotel for kicks & giggles.

Two weeks ago, I usually do the speed test when I stay in a hotel for kicks & giggles.
Keep doing it! Its useful info, i have to work for a few days while there so i need a reliable connection.

Ended up booking an airbnb with comments specifically saying good internet. I might switch to a hotel after im done working...not sure yet.

I used March for the price, I live in a condo with GF but she was gone and I didn't want to soil the home front, so to speak. Maybe was $25 bucks and a nice experience for a night or two. Not all that far from Klang and Soi Buakhoa or turn right and go to 2nd Road and a bahtbus.

15 hours ago, Zeb said:

Have a great trip. :)

Thanks

Archived