IGNORED

Seeking a safe driver for Pattaya, Bangkok, and Airport transport (emphasis added on safe)

I have been using a taxi service featured on this board for the past six years, and while the founder of the service has been a safe driver, as her business has expanding, and more drivers are working for under her, safety has been compromised. I have attempted to communicate this, but the message hasn't come across.

Specifically, I'm referring to the following:

Maintaining a Safe Following Distance on the Highway: The 3-5 Second Rule

https://www.aceable.com/safe-driving-videos/safe-following-distance/
Drive Safe: The 3 Second Rule That Could Save Your Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwgmOR8C7ak&app=desktop

Tailgating at 110 to 120 km/hour is a recipe for disaster if there's an accident ahead.

I am looking for a private car service that can follow these simple guidelines.

16 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

who were you using ?

As noted in the original post:

1 hour ago, 6853395 said:

I have been using a taxi service featured on this board for the past six years,

I always use Tanns Taxi as all are safe lady drivers (No breaking speed limit, tail gateing or lane hopping). Vehicles are comfortable clean and no stopping for fuel either or switching cars as i found with other companies. Lady is always waiting at the agreed place in the terminal along with return back to airport at exactly the agreed time. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. 

Mobile +66 86 066 8490 (Tann)

email address [email protected]

Nam’s Taxi has always been great for me.  Female drivers who are really safe.  

As noted in the original post:

3 hours ago, 6853395 said:

I have been using a taxi service featured on this board for the past six years

So the name of taxi company is "featured on this board"? Funny name for a car service.

Like others have said, I use Nam's Car Service.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I would say use Nam. Bit pricier than some others, but from all reports, very good service.

So the name of taxi company is "featured on this board"? Funny name for a car service.
Like others have said, I use Nam's Car Service.
LeoTex

This will liven the thread up, let's guess who the OP was inferring; reading between the lines my money's on Meow, even though I always use her service.

Stop being a pansy! Should we only cross the street on a green now too? Sit in the back. Buckle up and go to sleep.. You'll be there in no time!

4 hours ago, overseas516 said:

I always use Tanns Taxi as all are safe lady drivers

I have been using Tann's Taxi since 2012, just over six years ago, and while I was apprehensive about mentioning it by name (I did believe that Tann's Taxi was the featured driver on this board as it's stickied in this thread), and while Tann herself has been very safe driver, as she's been expanding her service, I've experienced her drivers driving in a horrendously dangerous manner.  Hence, the reason I came to this thread.

I have attempted to communicate this to her and we discussed it some time ago, and I recently brought this matter to her attention including sending her the links above.  My most recent driver from BKK to Pattaya would accelerate forward between 110 and 120 km/hr and be tailgating behind the car in front of us, and while accidents might relatively infrequently occur, there is not time to avoid a collision when following so closely.

4 hours ago, George36 said:

Nam’s Taxi has always been great for me.  Female drivers who are really safe.  

Thanks, I'm reviewing this service now.

I have been using Tann's Taxi since 2012, just over six years ago, and while I was apprehensive about mentioning it by name (I did believe that Tann's Taxi was the featured driver on this board as it's stickied in this thread), and while Tann herself has been very safe driver, as she's been expanding her service, I've experienced her drivers driving in a horrendously dangerous manner.  Hence, the reason I came to this thread.

I have attempted to communicate this to her and we discussed it some time ago, and I recently brought this matter to her attention including sending her the links above.  My most recent driver from BKK to Pattaya would accelerate forward between 110 and 120 km/hr and be tailgating behind the car in front of us, and while accidents might relatively infrequently occur, there is not time to avoid a collision when following so closely.

I use Tann , only had one driver who I had to complain about , Tann told me her policy is to give them three chances ... she then told me when I saw her next , she had more complaints so the driver had been sacked 

I guess its a problem when they expand too quickly , due to recommendations on boards like this ... 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Have used Tanns taxis around about 16 times and apart from 1 journey Tann has been my driver everytime. By the sounds of it i too would have been pissed with what you experienced as this was why i went with a lady driver rather than use Mr T anymore.

Thanks for the warning and will bear it in mind for future trips if Tann is NOT the driver.

3 hours ago, 6853395 said:

In this case I would make note of the drivers name. Next time using that service I would explicitly request not having that driver again.

Seems like an unnecessary thread. Nam's Taxi Service is it. If you had read or searched this site, that would be obvious.

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I use Tann , only had one driver who I had to complain about , Tann told me her policy is to give them three chances ... she then told me when I saw her next , she had more complaints so the driver had been sacked 

I guess its a problem when they expand too quickly , due to recommendations on boards like this ...

It sounds like you've had similar problems with mine.  I've been loyal to Tann since we've gotten to know each other, I'd sometimes bring her gifts from home (shea butter-based hand cream or chocolate), and in the earlier years she was my driver.  I was once in the car when she was training a driver as well, and she's always known that I take safety very seriously, and I once told her that I liked that fact that she was keeping a very safe distance to the vehicle ahead of her (the one car length for every 10 mph they teach us in Driver Education and Defensive Driver Training).

She once told me she fired a driver because additional people complained after me.

Incidentally, this thread emphasizes female drivers.  I've had both male and female drivers under Tann who have been very safe.  The two incidents of dangerous drivers I've had bad experiences have both been female.  It's about driving safety.

4 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Have used Tanns taxis around about 16 times and apart from 1 journey Tann has been my driver everytime. By the sounds of it i too would have been pissed with what you experienced as this was why i went with a lady driver rather than use Mr T anymore.

Thanks for the warning and will bear it in mind for future trips if Tann is NOT the driver.

Here's the problem with that.  Tann know's many prefer her, especially those who are safety conscious.  But she can't always drive.  Personally, I don't care if it's her, a male driver, a female driver;  I just want someone safe. 

Normally, last minute booking isn't a problem.  However, as late as Sunday, I wasn't sure if I was going to extend my stay in BKK so I messaged Tann on Sunday about Monday.  Tann indicated to try to let her know soon, essentially indicating that it was not a problem to get an appointment, but not sure if she could get me a "good driver".  Tann was essentially admitting that she has bad drivers. 

My female driver this past Sunday was obsessed with tailgating, which is stupid because it doesn't result in arriving sooner (traffic moves as a block).  I hold Tann responsible and as she owns a business of transporting passengers, she needs to educate all of her drivers regarding this matter.  After the first incident, she was driving me from the airport about a year or so ago, and we further elaborated on the titillating, and she clearly acknowledged when I told her I was willing to pay more for a safe driver.

Archived