IGNORED

Thai Airways

Rumbo

Hi,

had anyone experinces with Thai Airways? I will be the first time in Thailand and I will go next sunday. I goo from Frankfurt to Bangkok with Thai airways. (Yes it is only in 9 days)

I heard only good things about this airline. The question is how strong they with the weight of the lugage? I think I will buy many things in Pattaya and I'm worry about to have more than 20 Kilo when I go back to Germany. How strong they will control the weight of the lugage? And how much I must pay when I have some kilos overweight in my lugage?

Thanks for the answers.

my lugage was over 30kilo on my way back from patts when i flew with thai airways and had no problems they are an excellent airline and there air hostesses are nice friendly girls to enjoy your trip mate

we flew thai airways last oct,london to bangkok.planes are a little old but service food and drink was the best i have had.no inseat entertainment,but that was london route,german route may be better.i was a little overweight with luggage but my friends wernt so this might have helped as i was not charged.i always carry a holdall full inside my main luggage so if you get stopped you can take holdall out and use as cabin luggage.enjoy your flight.

If you havn't done so already be sure to join their frequent flyer club

Al.

I'm a regular on Thai Air and heave been for a few years.

I'm not sure what aircraft they are using on the Frankfurt to Bangkok route but i think that i read somewhere that they were using Airbus A340 500/600's. If so these are extremely well fitted out aircraft with seat back in flight entertainment. If you get one of the older 747/ 400's you will only have basic in flight entertainment as the things are pretty basic. Out of Melbourne they use 777's.

I would suggest that you joing thier Frequent Flyer program (Royal Orchid plus) via the Thai website. After your first return from Europe you should have enough miles to move to Silver which gives you 10kg extra luggage and a few other perks.

In flight i have found the service to be excellent. Food is imaginative and tasty, they are not shy about handing out the booze, flight attendents are generally a friendly bunch and the aircraft are comfy.

Testicles

I have flown Thai Air non-stop out of Los Angeles to BKK...

Service and food were incredible in Economy.

I would go Thai Air all the time if I could...!!!

We're not here for a long time

Just a good time !

Yes I can fully recommend them . Have been a frequent flyer with them for many years now but........ they no longer give air points for discounted airfares. So if you are looking to gain silver status and get the extra baggage allowance may it take some time!

I try & avoid em if i can but if the price is right i can put up with the Grim in-flight entertainment..Just!!

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

you fly nonstop and this is a big +

you fly a 747/400 having a lot of space even in the economy class

not realy a big deal if you are overweight :Crappy:

enjoy it in just 10 hours you will reach bangkok :Drunk_Party::Whistle:

I have flown with them many times in the past, but now I would only fly with them if it was the cheapest direct option. Their service IMHO has got worse since 2002. I always fly from LHR, perhaps they offer a better service in other countries or routes??

I would use Eva Air over Thai nowadays for direct flights from LHR.

Each to their own!!

Edited by sonic692

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F8soolsiIOo&...feature=related

2 All beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

never had problems with the baggage, and they have the best airline food(i think) and they are not shy with the booze.

Food on the London route is very good flown Thai airways 12 times service always good join the frequent fliers club gets you 10 kg more so you should have 40 kg in total on a international give it a try :Drunk_Party:

nice Cie but very expensive

the + this is a direct flight but 10 HOURS in 747 thai not for me

Emiratesss :wub: loool

Thanks for the information guys,

I heared the most is positive.

But I dont think that it is expensive. I got a price of 1359 Euros. But it was a "pauschal" arangement (its so called in Germany, don't know the corect translation).

Inclusive is the hotel with breakfast (eastiny place in soi 8), the transfer by train to the airport and regres by train to my hometown, the airport transfer.

I think it is a good deal. And when the quality of the airline is so good it will be fantastic.

Rumbo, at the gate, before boarding the plane, ask to look at the seating chart, you may be able to get a better seating. I took LAX to BKK, didn't know to look at chart before boarding, once on board it was too late to get a better seat (one with empty seat next to it). There were 15 - 20 empty seats and the flight attendents then offered to the Thai's in ecomony if they'll like to sit where there was no one next to them. Falangs were not included in the onboard seat re-assignments by the attendants. Could have been the difficulty of speaking English by the stewards was something they just didn't want to do, easier to speak Thai to Thai's, but seemed Nationalistic to me at the time.

I have flown with them many times in the past, but now I would only fly with them if it was the cheapest direct option. Their service IMHO has got worse since 2002. I always fly from LHR, perhaps they offer a better service in other countries or routes??

I would use Eva Air over Thai nowadays for direct flights from LHR.

Each to their own!!

I agree. Flown with them many times but seems to me service/standard is dropping. If I can get a comparative price I prefer Singapore or Cathay, even though it adds a stopover and a few hours to the journey.

New planes (airbus) are to be introduced on the London Bangkok route this year that should improve the in flight entertainment.

Al.

I loved them when they flew non stop from JFK (New York) to BKK. Great plane, great food, great entertainment system and great service. I really miss them!!

I have flown Thai Air non-stop out of Los Angeles to BKK...

Service and food were incredible in Economy.

I would go Thai Air all the time if I could...!!!

I'm looking at the LAX to BBK flight. Has anyone experienced the "Premier" catagory of seats? Is it worth the extra money from a space and maybe free drink prespective?

Wallbanger

Thai airways is good.

The 747 is the safe in the air.

Good economy seats with 36 inch pitch.

Direct for me is way better than indirect.

As soon as you get on the aircraft you can read the Bangkok post & with the food and the girls you feel you are a little in Thailand from the start.

Enjoy it & report back.

I`m using them on feb 12th, hope they will have the air bus. Like to hear they are not shy with the tot "achohol" some usefull information on this board thanks.

Yes I can fully recommend them . Have been a frequent flyer with them for many years now but........ they no longer give air points for discounted airfares. So if you are looking to gain silver status and get the extra baggage allowance may it take some time!

Does anyone know if they give Frequent Flyer miles for trips booked through Priceline without naming my own price?

New planes (airbus) are to be introduced on the London Bangkok route this year that should improve the in flight entertainment.

Al.

Ive heard rumours they're close to bankruptcy

Ive heard rumours they're close to bankruptcy

Hardly likely as the Thai Government owns 51% of the shares in fact given the share price at the moment I would think a good time to invest.

Al,

Does anyone know if they give Frequent Flyer miles for trips booked through Priceline without naming my own price?

Yes depending on the class just be sure to present your Royal Orchid Card or quote your number at check in, where you booked it is of no relevance just the class i.e. Y.M.H.Q etc.

Al.