IGNORED

Cost of cheap cigarette cartons sold in beer bars in Pattaya

pattayaice

Hi. Does anyone know what the quality is like with those Thai people selling cartons of cigarettes to customers at beer bars all over Pattaya? Also where do they come from? I am hearing reports that they are from Cambodia or China and are selling for 400 baht each. If they are from Cambodia, it will be good quality. 

Screenshot_20180902-111309.png

Screenshot_20180902-111556.png

Screenshot_20180902-112014.png

Screenshot_20180902-111503.png

Screenshot_20180902-111444.png

1 hour ago, pattayaice said:

Hi. Does anyone know what the quality is like with those Thai people selling cartons of cigarettes to customers at beer bars all over Pattaya? Also where do they come from? I am hearing reports that they are from Cambodia or China and are selling for 400 baht each. If they are from Cambodia, it will be good quality. 

i bought some pouches of Golden Virgina at easter time , the quality wasn't the same and tobacco was as hard as a rock so had to actually pull it all apart strand by strand . was the same price as duty free  in Singapore and KL ( 35 singapore dollars ) which is about the same as aussie $ .i bought 20 pouches plus 10 duty free coming into thailand .

i will never do again as on tv show Border Protection some bloke from Port Headland in West Aust bought in 35 ctns of cigarettes and admitted he got them for work mates and he was fined $38,000 Australian Dollars . i bet his work mates never chipped in , they would of let him hang out to dry !!

as for the ctns in question , i believe they come from cambodia , i smoke LM Blue when there and they are all right so you shouldn't have a problem . i have tried marlboro as well . seem ok but the pouches i would not buy again .

They’re fakes, irrelevant where they come from. If you want to take chance on smoking something that is made in the tobacco equivalent of a meth lab then try them. 

It is known that in Cambodia and Laos. Packets of Marlboros go for $1 US. Good chance they have smuggled into Thailand to sell on the black market

• 3 weeks later...

bought of the street many years ago and never again,,, Regular fags are not too dear from the shops and they appear to be reasonably normal,,, I have no idea what was in the street ones but I learnt my lesson

I don't smoke, never have but Ive been told this.

Chinese fakes go for 350 a carton and Cambodian smuggled for 400.

How you tell them apart by just looking at the carton ?, Ive no idea.

Pure shit and that's all there is to say 'bout fake cigs.

You buy a stick once and dump 9 of the package

It's Cambodians selling stuff in bars usually, not Thai people. And most of the stuff they sell is fake, overpriced garbage. Although I did actually buy two things from them this last trip for the first time. This wooden elephant that turns into a fruit bowl for 200 baht (probably worth 20 baht lol) and a wallet also for like 200 baht I think. Seems ok quality but we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

Avoid them. They taste and smell horrible. You can buy decent cigarettes from 7-11 for 60bht/box

My smoker friends buy them from home.  They say foreign cigarettes are fake and/or don't taste the same. No point in risking it!

is there any risk to get 1 or 2 boxes with you when you are travelling? i mean in the airport.

11 minutes ago, deimar said:

is there any risk to get 1 or 2 boxes with you when you are travelling? i mean in the airport.

depends what limit your country has on taking them in , they usually ask for your passport and boarding pass . so if you wanted more you would be best off getting at friendship supermarket in pattaya and put them in checkin bag and hope the dog sniffers don't pick them up

• 1 month later...
On 18/10/2018 at 01:04, deimar said:

Smoking is risk, not carrying.

I smoke he fake malboro sometimes they are much milder however than the real ones from 7/11 which are much better

• 1 month later...

i bought them once, they are from Cambodia, they pay about 200bath over there and try to sell for 500bath and go down to 400bath...

they taste like nothing for me, i smoked about 10 and give the rest as a present to the bartender of my favourite bar...never again

On 2 September 2018 at 08:27, pattayaice said:

those L&M she's holding are ok , last time family mart in soi honey had the same ones !!

same in duty free at bangkok airport i get those roll your own Pommy one GOLDEN HARVEST 50g pkt it has duty free on the packet but it's seal is different to the real deal , also the same at foodland , but the tobacco is a lot better in them than the one that is sold on beach road which is a blacker colour and shit 

Archived