IGNORED

Sawasdee Soi honey: good value?

frenchteam

I was just browsing google earth and came across this:

7900 a month, free electric, water and wifi. I think I may take this for my next monthly visit.

Does anyone have any experience of this place? Thanks!

saw.jpg

Phrasebooks will have you believe Sawasdee translates into Hello/Welcome/Goodbye

But

When applied to this hotel chain

It translates into 'Shithole'

;)

Probably an inside room with no window on an upper floor and there is no lift. How much of a shithole it is depends on your personal definition of shithole.  I'd say that it isn't encrusted with shit, but is definitely crappy.  Better to see it for yourself then decide.

I stayed there in 2010, first trips and possible to book via internet. They do have rooms with a window looking out at internal corridor.

I thought it odd to have the wash basin in the room rather than the room with shower and toilet. 

Its very very cheap for a reason; the only way to attract customers to this hotel, and even then I would not rate as good value.

Its low season, there are plenty of bargains around, you dont need to stay in a shithole.

If you have never stayed in a particular hotel before, never book for more than 3 nights initially. If after 3 nights you like the place then book for the month. A month in a place you hate and have paid for in advance is a long time and will fuck your mood in everything else you do during that time

2 hours ago, gmingot said:

If you have never stayed in a particular hotel before, never book for more than 3 nights initially. If after 3 nights you like the place then book for the month. A month in a place you hate and have paid for in advance is a long time and will fuck your mood in everything else you do during that time

Certainly if it's a bit dodgy looking or has sparse reviews. Probably not so necessary if the place has hundreds of reviews averaging 8/10 or more.

• 7 months later...
On 03/09/2018 at 13:11, petermik said:

Sawasdee Sabai on the next soi is (was) OK......:GrinNod1:

Yes,  8900 baht monthly rate in low season, no monthly rent in high season. 

On 02/09/2018 at 19:31, Farmer1 said:

The Sawasdee on soi Dianna is/was the better of them.....Never stayed there though.

According to Agodas rate and reviews, Sawasdee Sabai (pattayasaisong 10) is the best. I stayed there but not stayed at Sawadee Pattaya soi Diana so i can't compare. 

Probably better to stay in a guest house than this chain. A decent guest house is almost always a better option than a low rent bottom of the range hotel.  Staying in Soi Honey i used to walk past the one in that soi and the one in soi 10 on a daily basis and both looked pretty depressing to be honest. A couple of years back Page 10 wouldn't give me a late check out so i looked at renting a room there so that i could have a shower before leaving for the airport. I took one look at the room offered but then resorted to my plan B which was to have a massage, shower and change of clothes at my favourite massage parlour instead.

stayed in the sawadee soi diana. everything worked but it was a bit crappy hotel but it was cheap and included buffet breakfast which was good so couldnt complain.

Done the Sawadee experience once... you live... you learn... quickly :GrinNod1:

Stayed in several of the Sawasdee hotels back in late 90s til early 2000s, shitty rooms already back then,

but at only 200 baht a night they were among the cheapest aircon places around.

Sawasdee Seaview (old wing) had the smallest and simplest rooms, but good location on Soi 10 near Beach Rd,

very basic with just a Queen size springbed, tiny old TV no wardrobes or cupboards to put your stuff, and mould ridden wet bathroom with doors that didn´t close!

The Sawasdee up Soi 10 across other side of Second Rd slightly bigger rooms, but the place was later made infamous for being the scene of a grisly murder,

were a psyco killed a prostitute in his room and dragged out her body in a sack and dumped her into an empty plot at the end of the soi!

The worst Sawasdee hotel I tried was the one in Soi Honey, with only one room left I was thrown into a cold and humid windowless "prison"cell down in the basement!

Just stayed one night and never again!

The best Sawasdee was the one up on Soi Dianna opposite entrance to Soi LK Metro, room had a tiny balcony that I used to dry my laundry, 

and there were some cute and friendly Unigirls working as trainees at the reception!

I never tried the big Siam Sawasdee on Soi Bua Khao, but they are the only one with a swimming pool.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

I stopped at the 1 on Soi Buakhow on my first trip in 2016, and the pool was nice, but the room was pretty awful, but it was Christmas and I wanted somewhere with a pool so...

I wouldn't stop there again tho..much better places available.

Archived