IGNORED

Omelettes, what is your favorite?

Abracadabra

Spanish for me.

In the clip, I wonder who pays for his non-stick pans as he uses a metal fork (which he calls a knife at 04:33) with a non-stick pan. :o

I love a good western omelet.

44 minutes ago, GorGuy said:

as he uses a metal fork (which he calls a knife at 04:33) with a non-stick pan. :o

As he was scrapping the fork around the pan, I was like WTF? 

My favorites are the custom made ones that I get each morning at the Areca Lodge.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

- Ham, Cheese & Tomato

That is one item I prefer making on my own.  Also a main reason why I rent a condo with kitchenette.

What kind?...Unknown until it is made-pending what I picked up at market, but ham/cheese/onion/thai chills seems to be common for me.   

Mushrooms, parsley, Swiss cheese.

Tomato, green onion, cheddar cheese.

Basil, sun-dried tomato, mushrooms.

2 hours ago, jiz said:

Mushrooms, parsley, Swiss cheese.

Tomato, green onion, cheddar cheese.

Basil, sun-dried tomato, mushrooms.

you've given me some ideas....dont like mushroom in omelette.....but never tried basil.....sundried tomato....I might even try some fresh thyme.

I sometimes like a bit of spicy it ltalian sausage in mine....with sriracha sauce on the side

Spanish omelette and tamagoyaki (japanese omelette). Aroy mak mak! 

:10of10Score:

I worked at the Old Ebbitt Grill in DC in 1977, and ended up as an omelet chef... my favorite omelet had potato (we used baked potatoes), onion, and bacon in it, and a dollop of sour cream & chives on top... think they called it the bonne femme or something French sounding, like that... it was pretty awesome, in many ways...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

If you get a chance, try the crab omlett at Jay Fai in Bangkok. If your in Bangkok and like omlett, it's worth the detour.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

1 hour ago, stacksreg123 said:

If you get a chance, try the crab omlett at Jay Fai in Bangkok. If your in Bangkok and like omlett, it's worth the detour.

I just realized that Jay Fai has one Michelin star in this year's edition. Don't expect anything fancy though, it's a really basic restaurant with very good classic thai food.

https://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d3703955-Reviews-Raan_Jay_Fai-Bangkok.html

I love the comments! People blindly follow the star, expecting some haute cuisine :Busted::Number1a:

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

5 hours ago, striderman said:

5b936b3fc456f_dec8003(Custom).JPG.abeed9ef3e8a35453de1e909e2023a07.JPG

plain and simple cooked with a tiny bit of olive oil with italian spice seasoning on top

5b936b51f0f4a_dec8005(Custom).JPG.a903f0a188d25e4f0e4f5bab52b447a9.JPG

i forgot to mention this is a 2 egg job so it worked out roughly 7 bht

32 minutes ago, stacksreg123 said:

I just realized that Jay Fai has one Michelin star in this year's edition. Don't expect anything fancy though, it's a really basic restaurant with very good classic thai food.

https://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d3703955-Reviews-Raan_Jay_Fai-Bangkok.html

I love the comments! People blindly follow the star, expecting some haute cuisine :Busted::Number1a:

Awarded for diversity, not for the quality of the food. Same with the street cart bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, Marcus85 said:

Awarded for diversity, not for the quality of the food. Same with the street cart bullshit. 

I've been there once last year december, just by myself and had that huge crab omlett. It was very good but I was so stuffed after :D 

In terminal 21 foodcourt in bkk, I had a thai green curry that was wrapped in an omlette. Never seen it offered like that before.

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 10:51, George810 said:

That is one item I prefer making on my own.  Also a main reason why I rent a condo with kitchenette. //

Condo implies no gas, and electric hobs are not great for such cooking  :unsure:

I have a couple favs and I also make them myself in whatever condo I’m staying in but if I had to choose one it would be spinach,mushroom,garlic,cheese,bacon omelette(egg whites if possible)...Deliciousness...555

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

16 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Condo implies no gas, and electric hobs are not great for such cooking  :unsure:

Try out induction and come again ;)

9 minutes ago, stacksreg123 said:

9 minutes ago, stacksreg123 said:

Yep induction hobs fantastic piece of kit, as i chef i always prefered gas , not anymore instant heat easy to clean and no residule heat to keep my condo hot.

On 8/30/2018 at 20:51, George810 said:

That is one item I prefer making on my own.

I second that, definitely prefer DIY for my omelettes so they come out how I like em, soft and tender (I guess more classic style vs country).  The less ingredients the better, kinda like pizza. 

8 hours ago, bluechef said:

Yep induction hobs fantastic piece of kit, as i chef i always prefered gas , not anymore instant heat easy to clean and no residule heat to keep my condo hot.

Agree , induction are great but always like gas in my home .  I now have electric , sold the house and live in an apartment , so not much choice , but to be honest ..... if you know how to cook ,  you make do with what you have.

My first condo rental in Pattaya had none , so I went to Big C and bought a single burner camping stove with gas cartridges. Set me back all of 299B...

Regarding omelettes ,  mushroom and cheese , just make sure to saute the mushrooms first to get the moisture out.... 

Back in my drinking days, used to love to end the night ( morning ) at IHOP for a chili and cheese omelette .  

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

19 hours ago, stacksreg123 said:

Archived