IGNORED

air con

lekbarb

so next trip I,m looking to buy some air conditioning for my bedroom , any recommendations also are the stand a loan units any good because they are about half the price

WRT used or loaner units, who knows?  You would be taking a chance.

Best brands are Daikon and Mitsubishi Mr. Slim (NOT Mitsu Heavy Duty, which is Chinese crap).

If you use the AC every night, 40-50 weeks a year, then you should probably get an inverter type.  They are more expensive, but use less electricity.  Fo more occasional use, a standard, non-inverter will be fine.

23 hours ago, basket case said:

WRT used or loaner units, who knows?  You would be taking a chance.

Best brands are Daikon and Mitsubishi Mr. Slim (NOT Mitsu Heavy Duty, which is Chinese crap).

If you use the AC every night, 40-50 weeks a year, then you should probably get an inverter type.  They are more expensive, but use less electricity.  Fo more occasional use, a standard, non-inverter will be fine.

thanks for the reply where is the best place to buy

58 minutes ago, lekbarb said:

thanks for the reply where is the best place to buy

Numchai is where i buy all big electrical items. Usually have low season discounts in September, also have a look in Powerbuy.

BTW the stand alone types are useless. You have to get one plumbed in.

The reason the stand alone units are useless is they rely on evaporation for cooling. Only effective in low humidity environments.

Average size bedroom would need a air con with 8,000-12,000 BTU depending on desired use, outside shade, room insulation, etc. 

Num Chai or Power Buy would be my fist places to look.

Inverter/double inverter Type. Top brands fairly equal in delivery, but some are noisier than others, which for a bedroom is a consideration high on the list. You are going to be sleeping with it every night lol, so be informed before as opposed to after your selection.

Area To Be Cooled (sq. feet) → Capacity Needed (BTUs per hour)
400 up to 450 10,000
450 up to 550 12,000
550 up to 700 14,000
700 up to 1,000 18,000

A video of the benefits of the inverter AC. Sounds like it runs on DC. 

great information thanks everyone judging by other condos in the block I need a 12000 btu unit ,, where is numchai and powerbuy situated please

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 04:45, basket case said:

If you use the AC every night, 40-50 weeks a year, then you should probably get an inverter type.  They are more expensive, but use less electricity.

Not only that, but as they don't do repetitions of stop/start as the classic aircons, inverter-aircons are far more quiet and ideal for a bedroom.

BTW, "more expensive" is very relative. I bought 3 months ago a 9000 BTU Samsung inverter-aircon for less than 12'000 baht, installation included ! :wink:

12 hours ago, Wolf Cat said:

Num Chai or Power Buy would be my fist places to look.

To get information, yes maybe, but to buy you should look for promotions in BigC or Tesco Lotus. For aircons they can make reduction you will never see in NumChai or PowerBuy ! (I bought mine in BigC :wink:)

Archived