IGNORED

Odd booking experience

baggy67

Was scanning for flights on Kayak to Bangkok from LHR on Boxing Day as I do every other day at this time of the year looking for a deal. Found a return flight on Gulf Air, not my first choice of airline but beggars can't be choosers, and it was 16hrs each way, the departure times were perfect and it was only £452.Thought thats good value, made a note of it at 1pm, went home checked again at 5pm and it had gone up to £605. So clicked on my history and reopened the 1pm page, made the booking at the £452 price. Didn't think it would go through but it did. Just thought that was a bit odd. Is that unusual?

Some sites hold the price for you for a while depending on how far through the process you get, not sure about kayak.  Were you logged in at the time?

No wasn’t logged in.I really wanted the same Emirates flight I got last year for £513 on a A380 but maybe it wont come up so went for this.Thought it was a decent price.

No wasn’t logged in.I really wanted the same Emirates flight I got last year for £513 on a A380 but maybe it wont come up so went for this.Thought it was a decent price.

£452 is a great price for that time of year particularly given the relatively good flight times. I was hoping to fly out on the weekend before Christmas but the flight prices are still quite expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im still think Emirates will release a shed load of £550 seats,just because they did last year.But this one lands at 8.55am anddeparts at 8.50pm which will do.I cant leave patts at 1am or 8am its too depressing! 

Im still think Emirates will release a shed load of £550 seats,just because they did last year.But this one lands at 8.55am anddeparts at 8.50pm which will do.I cant leave patts at 1am or 8am its too depressing! 

Yeh I think I’m gonna try and hang on until late September to see if there is any drop in the prices. Fingers crossed. Failing that I will try and get a flight out on Boxing Day. Leaving Pattaya first thing in the morning is depressing because it usually means I’ve had no sleep the night before - evening flights are easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah clear your cookies especially if you search for exact dates instead of a month by month price check.

I use CCleaner to clear cookies on Win 10 laptop

Archived