Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Air China in Economy

Queef_Sniffer

Air China  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Have you flown Air China?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is economy on Air China hell?

• Yes
    • No
    • Are you crazy? My privileged ass only fly's business or first!
  3. 3. Did I just make a mistake booking with Air China?

• No way, you'll be fine!
    • Dude, you're officially eff'd. Get ready to experience Air Asia on steroids.

19 hours ago, baddog666 said:

You made the flight , but your bags didn't... which was really my point in allowing enough time.

gotcha, yea, you're correct...i'm just planning on not having my luggage the first night.  there are really only a couple of options for my route, one of which is a significant delay, 20 hour layover, and i'd rather just flip in an hour and take a change of clothes on my carry on.

I flew Air China on Tuesday this week JFK-KIX with a change in PEK.

Third time I have flown long haul with them .... took off late from NY but weather was horrible...heavy rain.  

Funny , the landing in PEK was perfect...so smooth, but he came in fast and had to hit the brakes hard.... felt like he locked them ( I know the planes have anti lock brakes ) and the big 777 kind of skidded a little....I saw one of the FA's that was facing us and her jaw dropped.... 

Arrived PEK about 04:30 local time... had a gate close to Intl Transfers which is now automated .... scan your passport and onward boarding card....  security check is slow, but not terrible.

I flew Bizz Class so hit the lounge and took a nice long shower. You have to take the service elevators down 2 floors to access the shower rooms.  Lounge is decent , lots of food and seating , WIFI sucks , and since it is China.... no Google or Facebook.

My onward flight boarded early , maybe 8 people in the 36 seats up front in a wide body A330......4 flight attendants. 

Again... no complaints on service, seats, or food considering the price is half of what Cathay or EVA charges.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

JFK-KIX??  That is Kansai (Osaka, Japan). You meant to write BKK? 

Either way, great write up. Air China is in the Star Alliance. Maybe I could get a Business class round trip with my United Miles. I do not have a Chinese tourist Visa. If you are only making a connection, it is not required?

TGOEA

On 9/29/2018 at 00:32, Bira said:

JFK-KIX??  That is Kansai (Osaka, Japan). You meant to write BKK? 

Either way, great write up. Air China is in the Star Alliance. Maybe I could get a Business class round trip with my United Miles. I do not have a Chinese tourist Visa. If you are only making a connection, it is not required?

No , I am in Osaka now.... off to Bangkok on Tuesday via AirAsia X to DMK.....   BTW..... no mongering here for me , but Osaka is way cool....

No...you don't need a Visa for a transfer, in fact if you have a long layover , they will give you a 24 hr one for free.

My Air China flights were amongst the worst flights in my life.

The flights were worse when packed with mainland Chinese, but the layover in Beijing airport are the pits. Terrible airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just left KIX 2 days ago. Agree, Osaka is nice place. You hold tight with the Typhoon. Tuesday should be Ok for your flight??

TGOEA

5 hours ago, Bira said:

I just left KIX 2 days ago. Agree, Osaka is nice place. You hold tight with the Typhoon. Tuesday should be Ok for your flight??

It's about 6:30 pm local time and raining like a bastard.  Not too windy... I should be fine for a Tuesday flight ,  I imagine they will be playing catch up tomorrow... This should lighten up in a few hours and I hope to brave it across the street for some Kobe beef....mmmmm

Archived