IGNORED

a New Place for an Adventure

j_d66

About to embark on my 11th trip to LOS.

I am not your normal LOS traveler in that I move around quite alot on my trips there normally hitting 4 or 5 different locations and stay 2-3 weeks at time

I have the big 3 that I hit every trip those being Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket.

One thing I have been trying to do each trip is pick some place completely new to me and go there for 2-3 days.

I go there with no big expectations but normally want to have options when it comes to the girls

Some of the places I have been to already  on the Thailand trips to name a few are

Udon Thani

Hua Hin

Chiang Mai

Krabi

Koh Sumai

Koh Chang

Koh Phi Phi

Khon Kaen

This time I am thinking about a couple days in one of these places

Ubon Ratchathani

Phitsanulok

Chiang Rai

Korat

Based on what I have been reading it seems as of late Ubon Ratchathani has the most options remaining when it comes to options for mongering

I would be interested in any insight others have on these places  or other places

Bear in mind I know none of them are big mongering destinations and I am fine with that since I will only be there a couple of days

Or if you have other ideas as to where to go I would appreciate that insight as well

I am pretty much looking for something in Thailand and a place I can get to pretty easily so I likely would fly there

I have been hearing many of the monger type bars and soapy have closed in Chiang Rai.  Not sure if that is accurate or not

Thanks

Why not try further afield short cheap flights available to Cambodia, Loas and Vietnam?

53 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

Why not try further afield short cheap flights available to Cambodia, Loas and Vietnam?

Thanks 

I have been to Laos and Cambodia.

I would like to go to Vietnam but only have 2 days to fill and when I go there it will be for more than 2 days.

I want to stay in Thailand this trip

31 minutes ago, j_d66 said:

Thanks 

I have been to Laos and Cambodia.

I would like to go to Vietnam but only have 2 days to fill and when I go there it will be for more than 2 days.

I want to stay on Thailand this trip

I cannot help you. sorry I have seen quite a bit of Thailand but Pattaya is still the magnet for me at present.

What about Hat Yai or Dannok?

Has anyone spent any time in either of these places.

Looks like there used to be quite alot of action in Hat Yai but it is migrating more towards Dannok

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 11:43, j_d66 said:

About to embark on my 11th trip to LOS.

I am not your normal LOS traveler in that I move around quite alot on my trips there normally hitting 4 or 5 different locations and stay 2-3 weeks at time

I have the big 3 that I hit every trip those being Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket.

One thing I have been trying to do each trip is pick some place completely new to me and go there for 2-3 days.

I go there with no big expectations but normally want to have options when it comes to the girls

Some of the places I have been to already  on the Thailand trips to name a few are

Udon Thani

Hua Hin

Chiang Mai

Krabi

Koh Sumai

Koh Chang

Koh Phi Phi

Khon Kaen

This time I am thinking about a couple days in one of these places

Ubon Ratchathani

Phitsanulok

Chiang Rai

Korat

Based on what I have been reading it seems as of late Ubon Ratchathani has the most options remaining when it comes to options for mongering

I would be interested in any insight others have on these places  or other places

Bear in mind I know none of them are big mongering destinations and I am fine with that since I will only be there a couple of days

Or if you have other ideas as to where to go I would appreciate that insight as well

I am pretty much looking for something in Thailand and a place I can get to pretty easily so I likely would fly there

I have been hearing many of the monger type bars and soapy have closed in Chiang Rai.  Not sure if that is accurate or not

Thanks

i was at Udon Ratshit-thani about 7yrs ago was only 3 fulang bars and very quiet i stayed at siri issan hotel , very ordinary not like photos on web site  , had a good thai language teacher down the road a bit , good value , forgot her name about 200mtrs down same side of road great set of tits

the soapy parlor was and experience in itself was shit , had my iPhone stolen there , but my fault should of left it in room . in all would never go back

9 hours ago, onehunglo said:

i was at Udon Ratshit-thani about 7yrs ago was only 3 fulang bars and very quiet i stayed at siri issan hotel , very ordinary not like photos on web site  , had a good thai language teacher down the road a bit , good value , forgot her name about 200mtrs down same side of road great set of tits

the soapy parlor was and experience in itself was shit , had my iPhone stolen there , but my fault should of left it in room . in all would never go back

Thanks

The more i think about it I might just extend my stay in Pattaya a couple days and use it to make day trips to Ban Chang and Koh Larn.  I like the beach and can get a little beach time in without having to go to far plus I never get enough time to do what I want to do in Pattaya anyway.   I will have 4 days in Phuket so i know I can get good beach time in there as well.

36 minutes ago, j_d66 said:

Thanks

The more i think about it I might just extend my stay in Pattaya a couple days and use it to make day trips to Ban Chang and Koh Larn.  I like the beach and can get a little beach time in without having to go to far plus I never get enough time to do what I want to do in Pattaya anyway.   I will have 4 days in Phuket so i know I can get good beach time in there as well.

udon thani is nice but  don't stay at the irish clock ....... try @home udon thani ..... in the same soi is harrys handlebar imo the best food around and chook the owner is a good host ........ soi sampan cost 3,800 baht return from swampy premium economy , they don't have business class there . 200 baht taxi into town

22 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

udon thani is nice but  don't stay at the irish clock ....... try @home udon thani ..... in the same soi is harrys handlebar imo the best food around and chook the owner is a good host ........ soi sampan cost 3,800 baht return from swampy premium economy , they don't have business class there . 200 baht taxi into town

Yes I actually thought about heading back to Udon Thani for a couple of days 

I haven't been there since 2014.

I don't really see any reason to fly premium economy though for a flight that lasts less than 1 hour

I have a buddy that is trying to talk me into going to Luang Prabang Laos but I am not convinced there is enough action for me up there.

Also thought about Kao Tao but the logistics of getting there from Pattaya for two days just don't make sense to me.  To much travel time for two days.

And thought about going back to Krabi again but it's getting a little more difficult to find guest friendly places there.  I used to stay at White Sands and they have since been sold and are no longer guest friendly.  They quoted a 2,500 baht joiner fee lol

Sure I could find someplace else to stay that is guest friendly but have already been to Krabi a couple of times already

I like finding places that are completely new to me but I am coming to the conclusion that there aren't that many more places that are easy to get to that also have decent pfp action.

34 minutes ago, j_d66 said:

Yes I actually thought about heading back to Udon Thani for a couple of days 

I haven't been there since 2014.

I don't really see any reason to fly premium economy though for a flight that lasts less than 1 hour

I have a buddy that is trying to talk me into going to Luang Prabang Laos but I am not convinced there is enough action for me up there.

Also thought about Kao Tao but the logistics of getting there from Pattaya for two days just don't make sense to me.  To much travel time for two days.

And thought about going back to Krabi again but it's getting a little more difficult to find guest friendly places there.  I used to stay at White Sands and they have since been sold and are no longer guest friendly.  They quoted a 2,500 baht joiner fee lol

Sure I could find someplace else to stay that is guest friendly but have already been to Krabi a couple of times already

when ever i book a room any where , i book for 2 people with breakfast included . i all ways check the price for 1 person then check for 2 people , the only difference is about $10 aussie for the extra breakfast but is a lot cheaper than paying for a joiner , plus they can't refuse you as it's all ready booked and paid and no need to give them girls id if your not sure take a photo of id with your phone ....... jobs done

1 hour ago, onehunglo said:

Why are you recommending  against staying  at the Irish Clock  ? Many years  ago, I visited the place and thought it was great !  Is there a particular reason for you downgrading this  place??

1 hour ago, worldpunter said:

Buriram   ?

Interesting I hadn't considered Buri Ram

Is there much nightlife there not seeing to much about it online

3 hours ago, onehunglo said:

when ever i book a room any where , i book for 2 people with breakfast included . i all ways check the price for 1 person then check for 2 people , the only difference is about $10 aussie for the extra breakfast but is a lot cheaper than paying for a joiner , plus they can't refuse you as it's all ready booked and paid and no need to give them girls id if your not sure take a photo of id with your phone ....... jobs done

Good idea in principal but doesn't always work unless your prepared to register that girl on arrival which I never am since i don't know who my bed partner will be until later in the night and it is almost never the same girl the next night

I make it a practice to always ask the hotel there  policy and wont stay anywhere that tells me I can bring a guest without a joiner fee.   The only time I am willing to pay a joiner fee is if I am bringing a 3rd girl to my room at the same time and no more than 500 baht

99% of the places I book online have the exact same rate whether it's 1 or 2 people

When that place that told me they had a 2,500 baht joiner fee which happens to be Kokotel when the price to rent the room is less than 2,000 baht I know what they are saying is they don't want mongers staying at their hotel at all.

No point going to a place like that as sooner or later there will be a problem with them

Pattaya's Darkside? 555

5 minutes ago, Wolf Cat said:

Pattaya's Darkside? 555

Possibly

But I guess I consider that part of Pattaya

6 hours ago, roderick said:

Why are you recommending  against staying  at the Irish Clock  ? Many years  ago, I visited the place and thought it was great !  Is there a particular reason for you downgrading this  place??

because it hadn't been painted in years the photos on the website were way off what it was actually like , service was shit , e.g. : had to beg to get new towels and then again for the room to be done , thats with a sign hanging on the door all day !! left one day and the clown working tere was sitting in a chair , he got up , i handed him my keys and told him room needed doing said i will be back in 6  hours , i left but remembered i needed something in the room , the bloke had just put the keys on the bar and he had disappeared, so i got what i wanted and left taking keys with me and at no point on return was i asked if i had my keys . my point is anyone could of grabed them . ask the locals they will tell you it's gone to shit or go and book in yourself ......... have a look see i bet you won't be there long

On 28/08/2018 at 05:22, roderick said:

I was looking for a Soi Samphan hotel too.  Take a look at the reviews on tripadvisor, the Irish Clock's management seems to reply quite aggressively to complaints.

3 hours ago, ghafarbaba said:

I was looking for a Soi Samphan hotel too.  Take a look at the reviews on tripadvisor, the Irish Clock's management seems to reply quite aggressively to complaints.

The last time i checked the Pannarai was pretty nice and guest friendly

When I was at Udon Thani in 2014 I stayed at Centara which is next to Central Festival

It is a very nice hotel.  Technically I don't think it is really guest friendly but I wasn't given any trouble bringing a girl back or charged any joiner fees

• 3 weeks later...
On 1 September 2018 at 11:36, j_d66 said:

The last time i checked the Pannarai was pretty nice and guest friendly

When I was at Udon Thani in 2014 I stayed at Centara which is next to Central Festival

It is a very nice hotel.  Technically I don't think it is really guest friendly but I wasn't given any trouble bringing a girl back or charged any joiner fees

costs no more to book room for 2 people unless you have breakfast included

nice place for food is , turn left as leaving Pannarai on other side of soi Sampan and 2nd shop from corner .... Harry's Handlebar ......

Archived