IGNORED

Airport bus in Phuket

ElSueco

My understanding is that rabbit card costs 200 B (out of which 100 B is issuing fee).  So you end up paying 50 B extra for each way on top of the 150 B the airport bus charges .. i.e., 200 B.   The mini-vans charge 180 B, I believe.  I guess 20 B difference is nothing to quibble about and if you are a frequent traveller to Phuket and Bangkok, then it makes sense to have such a convenience card. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just used the mini-van ... from airport they charge 180 BHT and drop you pretty close to your hotel (or even at the door step if there are wide enough roads running past the hotel).  For return trip,  you need to book it via some travel agent ... they try to charge anywhere between 200-250 bhat ... but I found a honest travel agent right across "The Dome and Restaurant" (google the location).  She charged me the official 180 bhat only.  Also gave me a great offer on the phi-phi island tour for just 900 bhat ... most others were trying to charge 1200+.   

Also, at the airport, when I enquired, I was told rabbit card is 300 now (out of which 100 is issuing fee .. leaving you with 200 bht to spend). 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning Bangkok (and Pattaya) this winter.
So i get a Rabbit card for the BTS. Same card in Phuket the next trip there.

Archived