IGNORED

Hua Hin ferry

nivla

I am going to Pattaya at the end of August and i am planning on doing a few days in Hua Hin via the ferry.I have been told that the ferry might not be running at the moment and was wondering if any BM's know if the ferry service is actually running  during low season.........Cheers

• 1 year later...
On 03/08/2018 at 04:43, nivla said:

I am going to Pattaya at the end of August and i am planning on doing a few days in Hua Hin via the ferry.I have been told that the ferry might not be running at the moment and was wondering if any BM's know if the ferry service is actually running  during low season.........Cheers

Well I hope it is because I’m booked and paid for Wednesday 

I looked on different ticketing websites and some were reporting that tickets weren’t available or that it wasn’t sailing but before I booked a taxi  I figured I’d just go their office to make sure. 

Turns out it was indeed sailing and there were plenty of tickets available so best go to their office up at the top of Walking Street, it’s upstairs at the big building by the pier.

Edit; if you’re gonna do that make sure you bring your passport because it’s required to make the booking.

Edited by The Kid Kabugle

Pattaya is like enjoying yourself -it's not for everyone.

16 minutes ago, The Kid Kabugle said:

I looked on different ticketing websites and some were reporting that tickets weren’t available or that it wasn’t sailing

It wont sail when there is a Red Flag flying at Bali Hai, and there has been a couple of those days recently.

• 3 months later...

I’ve just done a there and back a week apart.  The ferry is great.  It did stop for a few weeks(?) last year not sure when.  They are pretty serious about bad weather and won’t run.  

Last week Patts to hh was 1/3 full, today hh to Patts was maybe 75%

at the hh end there are tuk tuks that will take you to town.   Or from town to the ferry.

Patts has all manner of transport f course.

I’ve just done a there and back a week apart.  The ferry is great.  It did stop for a few weeks(?) last year not sure when.  They are pretty serious about bad weather and won’t run.  
Last week Patts to hh was 1/3 full, today hh to Patts was maybe 75%
at the hh end there are tuk tuks that will take you to town.   Or from town to the ferry.
Patts has all manner of transport f course.

Are there certain months when it closes down completely? Or is it all year round, just depending on the weather?

Will it likely to be running in Feb/Mar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the ferry from Hua His to Pattaya earlier this month with my GF.  

It is a really good deal, however we got talked into buying the "business class" seats.  We were told that there was no AirConditioning in Economy and that is was open air.  That is totally wrong, only difference is that the seats are smaller and that the main deck is noisier than that of the upper deck or Business class, also in Business class you get some free snacks, I am not sure if they do that in Economy.

Also make sure your luggage is either light, or has good wheels as the walk from where the boat docks to the main road is a good walk.

• 5 months later...

Is the ferry still operational ? 

1 hour ago, FarangKiNok said:

Is the ferry still operational ? 

No not to my knowledge. I haven't seen it operating for months and I ride down to the pier area almost every morning.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

No not to my knowledge. I haven't seen it operating for months and I ride down to the pier area almost every morning.

During the covid19 lockdown I would not expect it to be operational but was hoping it might had resumed limited service so thanks for sharing. Planning my next trip with a few days in Hua Hin. I will probably omit HH if the ferry is not running.

Thanks Rocket

• 6 months later...
On 22/05/2020 at 16:55, Rocketboy said:

Still no ferry?

1 hour ago, emansan said:

Still no ferry?

i have eyes on bali hai from my condo and there has been no movement (none that i have noticed, ie ferries absent)

Edited by striderman