IGNORED

View Talay 8 Jomtien - How to find monthly rentals?

Explorer8939

For such a large facility, I can’t find any monthly rentals for VT8. I am looking for a rental for one month. VT8 is at the end of the baht bus route, and I am looking for a place with transportation and some tranquility. 

VT 8, is a long way down Beach Road, but it seems "nice". I found a couple of rental sites for the place, but IMO, you are probably better off going down there yourself and asking around..

If I was looking for quiet, I would be looking at Laguna Beach out this way... BUT it isn't on the Baht Bus route, which makes it hard for many people.  But it is quiet...

When I had a look around VT8 a couple of years ago there were at least 2 agents on the ground floor offering rentals. Walk in and negotiate. The place was pretty much deserted then so rents were fairly low.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

For such a large facility, I can’t find any monthly rentals for VT8. I am looking for a rental for one month. VT8 is at the end of the baht bus route, and I am looking for a place with transportation and some tranquility. 

Stayed there last year in top notch condo for 12,000 plus electric and water.

Just walked in off the street and went to the booking agent on the ground floor but can't remember the name.

Walk up the steps and turn right.

Will book again shortly.

I booked a condo in VT8 for an overnight stay, so I will check it out myself.

A while ago, I recall hearing that the boombox trucks that park on the beach all night disturb this place.

Have they been shut down I wonder.

7 hours ago, jiz said:

A while ago, I recall hearing that the boombox trucks that park on the beach all night disturb this place.

Have they been shut down I wonder.

I can't hear any now.

The sales office out front said minimum rental time is six months.

6 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

The sales office out front said minimum rental time is six months.

But you booked for 1 night??

not on airBnb?

On 02/08/2018 at 20:43, Explorer8939 said:

I can't hear any now.

Really? I find them to be deafeningly loud when walking around that area at night.

On 8/4/2018 at 11:41, KittenKong said:

Really? I find them to be deafeningly loud when walking around that area at night.

I was up on a high floor with the windows closed and the air con running.

On 8/2/2018 at 21:52, taylor1975 said:

But you booked for 1 night??

not on airBnb?

I used Agoda 

So how do you like the VT8?

When I retire I need to live somewhere quiet. I'm leaning towards the VT3, but the VT8 was also on my list.

I plan to have a car so transportation is not an issue. I'll spend more time at home than in the bars so a quiet, peaceful place to live is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, wtboatr said:

When I retire I need to live somewhere quiet. I'm leaning towards the VT3, but the VT8 was also on my list.

I would not like to come out of my condo for an evening walk and have to listen to those boom-boom trucks blaring out. And I would not like to hear them on my balcony either. So in that respect I would favour VT3. That said, at times there has been loud music from that Russian night market area near VT3, so you might want to check that out first too.

Unfortunately loud and pointless noise is a perennial problem just about everywhere in Thailand. They seem to be entirely incapable of going for 2 minutes without making some sort of noise. Even if you do manage to find a quiet area, some noisy idiots could easily install themselves nearby the next day.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 09:23, Explorer8939 said:

I was up on a high floor with the windows closed and the air con running.

How about noise from neighbors? I hear that these units are design built to "Chinese" standards & should be very sound in build quality ?!?

8 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

How about noise from neighbors? I hear that these units are design built to "Chinese" standards & should be very sound in build quality ?!?

I stayed in VT6 which is similar in design and it was noiseproof. Thick walls.

On 8/6/2018 at 21:50, wtboatr said:

So how do you like the VT8?

I plan to have a car so transportation is not an issue. I'll spend more time at home than in the bars so a quiet, peaceful place to live is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had a car, I would live even further south than VT8.

8 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

Nothing will stop the noise from the rude neighbors. 

In my old apartment the bloke above me moved in his Thai bride and 6 of her family into a 1 bedroom. Nice building too. 

All night long furniture being moved w scraping sounds(wrecking the wood floor no doubt)

Constant thumping and noise....doors slamming and the som tum being pounded endlessly (on the floor of course), and the water leaking from bathroom floods. 

It it was bad and got worse when I politely approached him about  ..I considered hiring motorbike taxis to beat some sense into the guy.

Management didn’t like me complaining. I was the problem !....Even though I pay on time, am a good neighbor and take meticulous care of my place.... so I got a bad vibe and moved. 

Are they still living there destroying that apartment above I wonder? 

Don’t  ya just love Thai management? 

18 minutes ago, jiz said:

Nothing will stop the noise from the rude neighbors. 

In my old apartment the bloke above me moved in his Thai bride and 6 of her family into a 1 bedroom. Nice building too. 

All night long furniture being moved w scraping sounds(wrecking the wood floor no doubt)

Constant thumping and noise....doors slamming and the som tum being pounded endlessly (on the floor of course), and the water leaking from bathroom floods. 

It it was bad and got worse when I politely approached him about  ..I considered hiring motorbike taxis to beat some sense into the guy.

Management didn’t like me complaining. I was the problem !....Even though I pay on time, am a good neighbor and take meticulous care of my place.... so I got a bad vibe and moved. 

Are they still living there destroying that apartment above I wonder? 

Don’t  ya just love Thai management? 

Sounds a nightmare. Where was this?

There was a bit of a crackdown on the loud music when I was  in jomtien Jan/Feb, the police were shutting down the cars that had really loud sound systems and the bars were not playing their music at a hard level,the only loud music was when a bar had a party and I think they needed a permit and they shut down before 02:00.Though that's no help if you have neighbors from hell but the streets seemed to be quieter.

Archived