Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

1 Hour Stop Over Frankfurt

Scherzzo

Hi,

I'm looking at flights with Lufthansa from Dublin to Bangkok, stop over in Frankfurt. The stop over is just over an hour, I've never been through Frankfurt, can I make this connection? I would be flying Business Class. Also anyone have any feedback on the Business class 340 and 380 with Lufthansa?

Cheers lads.

Scherzzo

One hour is very  tight. Frankfurt airport is efficient and if your flight is on time you might make it although i would be less convinced that your checked in  luggage would make the connection.

One thing in your favor is being in business class. You’ll get off the plane long before the last row in coach. 

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

Yeah seems risky, if the flight is at all delayed (which is could be easily) I wouldn't make it, wouldn't be a good start to the trip!

Cheers guys

I’ve seen Frankfurt Airport only from the motorway, but I know for sure that one hour is very sharp at Heathrow or Madrid.

It depends on various things.

1. check the Dublin-Frankfurt flight number on flightradar or other plane history sites. i.e. just input LHxxx (replace xxx with the flight number on your ticket). Is that flight delayed often in recent weeks?

2. I don't know at what terminal the flight from Dublin would land. You might get a remote stand and bus to the terminal, it might be directly to the terminal.

3. Your LH flight to bkk will normally depart from B Gates. Is it LH772 by any chance?

Today's flight Dub-Fra has 20 min. delay and will arrive at gate B47A. Based on that, it should be easy to get to the next gate. You will have a passport control, but I don't believe there will be an additional security check.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

On 29/7/2018 at 15:11, Scherzzo said:

Hi,

I'm looking at flights with Lufthansa from Dublin to Bangkok, stop over in Frankfurt. The stop over is just over an hour, I've never been through Frankfurt, can I make this connection? I would be flying Business Class. Also anyone have any feedback on the Business class 340 and 380 with Lufthansa?

Cheers lads.

Scherzzo

Are you on a single PNR? If so, It's the Luftwaffe's problem apart from some of your wasted time. If not, I would be very, very nervous.

1 hour wouldn´t normally be a major cause for concern for me. Even if FRA is one huge-ass airport.

But... as every single intra-Europe LH flight I´ve been on in the last half year (maybe 7-8 total) has been delayed 20-80 minutes, I would not choose that option until they´ve gotten their shit together again. This is not a good year to fly Lufthansa.

Very risky, I would not dare it-

Cheers for the responses, I haven't booked the flight, think I'll give that one a miss

Archived