IGNORED

Manchester pick up and drop off

blue1878

From the 10th July Manchester airport have changed how people can get dropped off

You can now still be dropped of outside the Terminal your flying from but you now have to pay

Charge of £3 if the car is only parked up for only 5 minutes

Charge of £4 for 10 minutes

BUT if you don't want to pay there is a free drop off area. And from there a shuttle bus will take you to your Terminal

Manchester airport make enough money with out adding this extra cost

https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/pick-up-and-drop-off-info/

I'll probably use the drop off and shuttle thing. The test for these new ideas, is how well it works in the cold and rain. Set expectations low :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, taylor1975 said:

I'll probably use the drop off and shuttle thing. The test for these new ideas, is how well it works in the cold and rain. Set expectations low :rolleyes:

I'm flying out to Thailand in December.  Not sure if I want to use the shuttle at about 5:30am on a cold winters morning.  I have time to decide

2 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

I'm flying out to Thailand in December.  Not sure if I want to use the shuttle at about 5:30am on a cold winters morning.  I have time to decide

Yeh i'm going november on a sunday afternoon. Not much detail on the airport website, not even a postcode for the satnav.

42 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Yeh i'm going november on a sunday afternoon. Not much detail on the airport website, not even a postcode for the satnav.

Manchester airport is fairly easy to get to. Just aim for Junction 5 on the M56

Taxi drivers get a reduced price but still charging customers maximum 

Can't do the post but someone on Facebook this afternoon showing drop off at T3, the airport changed the way out and you have to drive through multi story car park and funnel through 2 barriers, queue was massive and it seems if you stay longer than 10 mins it's a £25 charge which it looked like a few were getting.

Hopefully by the time I go in December it will be sorted otherwise I will have to book Emirates Bizz and get the 'free driver service' 

13 hours ago, bigbadbaz said:

Can't do the post but someone on Facebook this afternoon showing drop off at T3, the airport changed the way out and you have to drive through multi story car park and funnel through 2 barriers, queue was massive and it seems if you stay longer than 10 mins it's a £25 charge which it looked like a few were getting.

Hopefully by the time I go in December it will be sorted otherwise I will have to book Emirates Bizz and get the 'free driver service' 

Yes I've also seen the video

For the life of me, this money grubbing bullshit is just a try on

If they seriously are a £ or two per passenger short of penury then up the handling fees to the airlines

This Dick Turpin naive nibbling at every avenue for pennies is transparent in what it is

& pathetic

Manchester airport is a disgrace.
Needs millions spending on it so they need to get the revenue from somewhere

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

That vid is a very good reason to use the shuttle bus. 

Just getting a trolley when you pic up your suitcase, upon arrival, is terrible. You need a pound or euro coin ...and you don't get it back. I'm sure there are plenty of folk who turn up, without either. 

The joys of having a monopoly

you can glibly inconvenience ALL your customers in order to extort ever yet more pennies from them

without any detrimental repercussions

I'm a taxi driver who's in and out of Manchester Airport a few times a day,  just here to rectify a few quotes on here. Firstly yes there's a card for taxi drivers but it costs £30 to get it and you have to produce a mountain of paper work to get one. I'm a company car driver who can't get one so yes I'm afraid its full drop off price if you use me.  

That video is in the T3 arrivals car park and has nothing to do with dropping off.  This scenario has been caused by the likes of lazy bastard uber (and other taxi drivers) who can't be arsed making the r way into the terminal to meet their customers thus paying for their parking with the token given at machine. Instead they are meeting them in the car park then making the customer pay for parking at the barriers with their credit card. Customer isn't ready for this which takes time,  there's only two barriers so queues build up agrovating everybody.  Otherwise it would be a quick put the token in the slot and the barrier goes up... 

So fuck wits dressed like tramps who follow a sat nav all day are messing things up in the arrivals car parks. 

Archived