IGNORED

Noob Question -- What's mongering like in Phuket vs Pattaya

texboy

I have been to pattaya several times many moons ago.  I'll get a chance to layover in LOS for a week next month and I'm wondering if I should try something new .. like Phuket ... to enjoy the islands as well as the girls.   Call me a cheap charlie. My patts experience was usually limited to beach road, Soi 6 and the occasional BF from a beer bar on soi 7/8 or Walking Street.  Did GoGo's twice and I just don't find them value for money from where I stand (different strokes for different people).   I hear latest prices in pattaya are in the order of  700-800 for a beach road FL,  1200-1500+BF from beer bars,  1000-1500+Taxi for ST of a reasonably cute one from ThaiFriendly.   Never learned how to have fun in the disco/night-club scenes ... too loud, too competitive and too much jostling for space for an old guy like me. 

I understand Phuket may be higher prices .. but on average, for this kind of mongering,  how much are reasonable prices to expect?   Don't mind paying a bit extra if I can get away from the disgustingly polluted  pattaya beaches and get to do a bit of scenic island hopping.   So, I was wondering:

• Is Phuket mongering even more expensive than Bangkok or somewhere between pattaya and Bangkok prices ? 
  • Also, are most hotels (in the 800-1000 baht range in off-season) girl-friendly like in Patts ?  Or they all hit you with guest-fees ?
  • Is there an active beach-road full of freelancers like in Pattaya after dark? 
  • My understanding is that Bangla road has about 20-30 beer bars where I could BF girls. But is this it ? Are there other similar roads with a good cluster of BB's to explore in Phuket ?

Thanks for any pointers.

Next month is still in the rainy season , Island hopping might not be so pleasant ..

Cheap GF accommodation  look at the Summer Breeze Hotel 

no beach Road FLs , but you will find loads in the Bangla Road nightclubs - prices similar to Pattaya nightclubs 

Bangla Road has many many beer bars , plus the two Tiger complexes , Soi Sea Dragon , Soi Freedom - the BFs and drink prices are more expensive than Patts 

i would say for mongering purposes , Phuket is probably not for you 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

44 minutes ago, texboy said:

Call me a cheap charlie.

In that case you have to lower your expectations just a wee bit. Avoid the so called stunners and spinners.

Focus on sexy MILFs and the ones who don't look 100% pro.....there's a lot to be appreciated about a used car that still has a considerable mileage left in her. Trust me, feels exactly the same when your balls empty themselves.

Phuket has less pussy per sq, ft than pattaya and you're right that it is based mainly around bangla....but I used to come across bars a little further down rat-u-thit road and the road leading to kathu from Patong...couple of nice complexes in Karon too....and other beaches.

Tiger Disco is great for FL action. Hollywood too. And now Im hearing theres a place called Illuzions(?).

Thai women will always try to pull one on you if you start asking things like "how much short time"....thats a newbie move. It tells her that you don't know. Instead tell her you want to 'take care' her and see how she responds. If a gal tells me how much you pay, I instantly lose interest as it tells me she is totally focused on the money. Show the gals a good time, be cool with buying booze and food and make her laugh...then when the time comes, she will actually want to be with you....she still wants money but will be a lot more chilled about it.

I would try to keep my whoring fee in the 1,000-1,500 ballpark....but it takes a little game and luck to do that these days.

Thanks Autoroam.  So looks like there are plenty of beerbars to choose from.  I'm no newbie to this game of negotiating with the ladies,  but agree with what you say ... the girls want to have some fun too before making money off it. 

Stillearly -- Long term Weather reports for mid-late Aug suggest it may be a bit cloudy, but no rain (to very little rain).  So that's why I was figuring this might be a good time (not much sun to cook me and no rain either).  Of course, weather reports are rarely reliable.

Personally that time of year I would look to Lamai in Samui , more chance of better weather,  great beaches , bar scene is a lot smaller , but BFs are much cheaper , always great for a week or so 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

7 hours ago, Autoroam said:

If a gal tells me how much you pay, I instantly lose interest as it tells me she is totally focused on the money. Show the gals a good time, be cool with buying booze and food and make her laugh...then when the time comes, she will actually want to be with you....she still wants money but will be a lot more chilled about it.

I hope by losing interest, you don't mean you drop her like a hot stone, otherwise you're missing out. There are more effective ways to gauge a girls personality. Combined with other red flags, sure it might be enough to tip the scales. If everything else is good though, it's not unreasonable for a girl to check. A girl can be mindful of business side of things, while still delivering exceptional performance. I have two examples from my last trip, one said she can accept 1500st but usually asks for more. Stayed for three rounds. The other girl I had complains about customers giving 1000LT, so takes steps to avoid this, but service was unparalleled. 

Anyway I'm sure you can find plenty of girls in Phuket for similar prices, maybe +500 in some cases, if you have flexible standards. My general feeling from a few years ago, was that the girls weren't that much more expensive. I don't know about 1000LT, I have a feeling that wouldn't go down so well, but not too sure. There are a smattering of bars away from Bangla (still walking distance).

5 hours ago, sabato said:

I hope by losing interest, you don't mean you drop her like a hot stone, otherwise you're missing out.

Agree.....good to review this on a  case by case basis.

• 5 months later...

Been a regular in Patong for years, if you go with the mindset that you will pay 2,000 baht for ST/LT based on the girl you will be sweet.

The freelance scene is nothing like patts, you will either find freelancers in illusion nightclub or tiger complex. The beach road freelancers dont really exists, but you will find freelance workers walking up/down bangla road and soi sansabai looking for last minute clients at 3am (when all the bars close). They are usually not the best girls.

Your best best is to go bar hopping, find the girl you like, buy her some drinks if you like her, ask her to go party if you. Expect to pay 1,000 bar fine on average, 2,000 for the girl based on: how hot she is, how good looking or fun you are / how much the girl wants to go with you.

If you like to party early, go drink at the bars down soi seadragon / soi freedom / tiger, find the girl you like, bar fine her, take her to a gogo or to illusion nightclub, party they go home.

if you like to party late, hit illusion about 2am then empire about 4am. Empire closes at 6, plenty of girls looking to go home for ST after partying all night to end the night.

Not sure if just for older guys ie 55 plus a bloke i know lives in Chalang which is west of Phuket and he loves it said lots women cheap accommodation good beach  and lots lots women never  go to Patong again

Also Khamla is the same few bars and women, just no gogo's at both................. I would if had a trip just do patttaya maybe side trip to the island near pattaya

I'm in kamala now. It's 500baht and 15 minutes in a taxi to Patong but kamala is much more pleasant and relaxing.
I've found an accommodating 47 yr old milf in a massage shop who does the trick.
There are quite a few bars with girls. The girls in kamala beergarden were being barfined, and there are a few lookers in the nearby bars on that Street.
I'd be happy to come back.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Pattaya is cheaper but in Phuket you have more options to make tourism or trips

• 1 month later...

i've been to Patong last year for the time around new years eve and was suprised. thought it was a pricer version of pattaya, but it was a different place. there weremuch more "normal" tourists, but not  of a very high class type , the discos were full of men and good looking woman were rare. pattaya is and was definetely better in almost every way. maybe it was the wrong time.

Archived