Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flight prices December 2018

Gunna123

flying from newcastle with emirates on 24th dec , apparently emirates dont fly from there on xmas day, coming back 12 jan, £740

12 hours ago, willem8 said:

I looked for Business with EVA or KLM from Ams direct to BKK on Dec 22 till Jan 5. Both EVA and KLM were more than €4400. I changed my dates to Dec25 till Jan 8 and paid €2280 with EVA now. KLM went down to €2750.  Maybe if i waited a little longer,i could get a little bit cheaper,but didn't want to take the risk of being to late and can see now already not many seats left.

€2280 That's my budget for over two months! I have a flight booked with EVA for January €630 return but that's cattle class but still a good price if I booked a few weeks before the cheapest was €600.Amazingly flight prices have stayed the same for years now even when China air stopped their direct flights from Amsterdam EVA didn't raise their prices but you do have to get in early.enjoy your new year shindig.

Your best bet is to sign up for some travel deals newsletter and try to book your flight when there is a great promotion going. 
I got my non stop DUS-BKK in December for 350€.
But if nothing comes along there is the point in time when it USUALLY only will get more expensive. 
To find out when that is, you need to use https://www.skyscanner.net/bttb/best-time-to-book-uk
It analyzes price development for your route over the last years so you have some statistically sound data. 

I’ve been keeping an eye on the flights for a while now but I haven’t seen any promotions. The weekend before Christmas is always one of the busiest times to travel and my guess is the airlines are just resigned to the fact that those flights are going to sell so no need to drop the prices. I’ve registered for alerts with Skyscanner and a couple of others and will keep monitoring them for the time being but as you say there will be a time when they will only usually get more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Gunna123 said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on the flights for a while now but I haven’t seen any promotions. The weekend before Christmas is always one of the busiest times to travel and my guess is the airlines are just resigned to the fact that those flights are going to sell so no need to drop the prices. I’ve registered for alerts with Skyscanner and a couple of others and will keep monitoring them for the time being but as you say there will be a time when they will only usually get more expensive.

I find it so endearing to hear gooner optimism! 

You should book ASAP because the price will only get dearer.

And champions league....

you’re having a laugh!!! :Finger5:

flying from newcastle with emirates on 24th dec , apparently emirates dont fly from there on xmas day, coming back 12 jan, £740

I’ve flown out on Christmas Eve quite a few times over the past few years but I have the opportunity to get there a bit earlier this year . The prices for the weekend before Christmas with Emirates are in the mid £900’s - just seems a bit too expensive to me. I paid about £800 last year with Etihad. Maybe I will fly out on 24th as I’m not sure it’s worth the extra £200 for just a few extra nights in Pattaya

I find it so endearing to hear gooner optimism! 
You should book ASAP because the price will only get dearer.
And champions league....
you’re having a laugh!!! :Finger5:

I’ve always booked in September for previous trips and always had a fair price. Maybe I’ve left it too late this year though, I’m not sure. Nice 3 points for the gunners today. Good result for Watford also!! [emoji23]

Seriously, I’d book now mate, prices unlikely to get lower due to peak demand.

Heard your boys rode their luck and Cardiff are going straight back down.  Watford are on fire at the mo’ - they deserved the points. 

Flights might be cheaper on a Thursday but understand as a gooner, you might have other things to do on a Thursday night! 

I only did LOS once over xmas/ny back in 2010 and although I love Pattaya and have my 28th trip coming up,it was not for me but Nov/Dec is a regular trip. Now I particularly go for the first 3 weeks of December, (big influx of girls before the madness and many new girls too). My trip this year booked via Skyscanner was LHR to BKK in June with Thai @ £498.

5 hours ago, geezerrb said:

I only did LOS once over xmas/ny back in 2010 and although I love Pattaya and have my 28th trip coming up,it was not for me but Nov/Dec is a regular trip. Now I particularly go for the first 3 weeks of December, (big influx of girls before the madness and many new girls too). My trip this year booked via Skyscanner was LHR to BKK in June with Thai @ £498.

You need to travel early December and time it early January return.

I booked early in year. Don't understand why people hang about. If you know your coming get on and get it booked asap.

If it's a fair price then who cares if you might get it cheaper a month or 2 later. Remember airfares this time next year will have to be up. Oil at £70 a barrel.

Good to hear fresh faces come into town early December but i will be Hua Hin for New Year to avoid the scrum in Pattaya.

You need to travel early December and time it early January return.
I booked early in year. Don't understand why people hang about. If you know your coming get on and get it booked asap.
If it's a fair price then who cares if you might get it cheaper a month or 2 later. Remember airfares this time next year will have to be up. Oil at £70 a barrel.
Good to hear fresh faces come into town early December but i will be Hua Hin for New Year to avoid the scrum in Pattaya.

Work commitments mean that I cannot go early December spend 4 weeks and come back early January. I wish that I could.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked Toronto to bkk dec 5th thru dec 26th for $997 Canadian 

for that time of year its a good price although I had 3 trips this year that were under $800 cnd

I come out just about every year between Xmas and NYE; Not sure if it works the same from the EU as the US, but look at open-jaw flights (Into one city and out of another).

For instance, I just found LAX->HKT on Dec 26 with a return flight BKK-LAX in Jan for under $1,000 USD, while rountrips to either of those locations were around twice as much.

Last year I booked LAX->HKG with a BKK->LAX return for $698 in September so I'm holding out for something closer to that right now...

Totally beyond me why you are holding out as you put it.

You come virtually every year to Thailand and enjoy the trip, so for the sake of $300 get it booked.

You are coming at the highest point of high season and hope to get a better deal by waiting to nearer the time.

If you wait, please let us know if you get it any cheaper.

7 hours ago, PBear66 said:

Totally beyond me why you are holding out as you put it.

It's not the price, it's the choice of destination!  Heading to BKK first costs considerably more and it's the same thing with Hong Kong right now...but prices chance almost daily this time of year.  I'm trying to avoid getting stuck in Phuket over new years but want to get out there for some diving early in January.

If I can find a flight that drops me in Hong Kong first for $1k I'll jump on it....

Archived