IGNORED

Online booking system for BKK-UK return

mai

Hello.

Most people here seem to know that the cheapest flights and simplest booking system for getting your UK - BKK return flights is at airline network www.netflights.com. The last few weeks have seen flights under 400 gbp with qatar or jet.

BUT, what about doing the trip in reverse??

Anyone know a good thailand based booking system - and i dont mean expedia / orbitz as their prices are shite.

I know that BKK-UK CAN be done at similar prices almost all year around. But I have had to use a travel agent on central pattaya road (go along 2nd road - away from Walking Street, turn right onto central pattaya: she is always in an office by herself about 100-200 yards up the road on the left hand side).

She always seems to find deals, at short notice too, back to UK. They are normally the smaller companies - Sri Lankan for instance, who dont seem to deal (or didn't before) with the big internet companies. I doubt you'd get the same deal going direct to these companies.

The problem is sometimes I am out of Pattaya, or even Thailand, and I need to sort these flights out. So it would be great to know a cheapy website (where you actually select your own dates, etc) : like airline network - it would be a real time system with up-to-date discounts from the airline companies on only certain dates.

Thanks all.

Sorry i cant help you, i am also interested in flights from bkk to the uk.

I have checked a few sites out but they are all expensive........i hope someone comes up with the sites if there is any.

I'm living in pattaya at the moment and i will try and find this travel agent.

thanks............alan

If you can't find it, i'll dig out her business card and post details. Her shop is the one where you walk in and her desk is on the left. I think she has plain paper A4 deals on boards outside (but not sure about this, and they all tend to do that). 'Ocean travel' rinds a bell.

She even said I could ring up from outside Pattaya/abroad and book (she would hold the flight until closer to travel date) to give me time to get to Pattaya and pay. But it would be awkward because my travel dates depend on the cheapest price.

Good luck finding it.

Shame Oasis Hong Kong shut down. Unlike other posters have claimed - they did provide (two) free meals and the leg clearance was the best i've come across in economy.

Air Asia X out of KL will be cramped as hell and with rip off meals, not to mention likely delays.

Sorry i cant help you, i am also interested in flights from bkk to the uk.

I have checked a few sites out but they are all expensive........i hope someone comes up with the sites if there is any.

I'm living in pattaya at the moment and i will try and find this travel agent.

thanks............alan

No deals in next few months - flights at about 30,000 bht.

Christ....with the pound hovering at 50, that means 600 quid!

I wanna go home.... Somebody please help!

There must be similar prices for BKK-UK as for UK-BKK (400 gbp return), but how do you get them?

Air Asia X out of KL will be cramped as hell and with rip off meals, not to mention likely delays.

AirAsia X's A340s to be used on the Stansted route are in the exact same seat configuration as Cathay Pacific i.e. 30 Premium XL Class (2-2-2 layout) and 286 Economy Class Seats (2-4-2 layout).

You could always try Zuji.com - based in Hong Kong and Singapore, you should still be able to book a flight BKK to UK with an e-ticket and everything done through the internt. Zuji prefer Visa but accept Mastercard. Have regularly used them and expereinced no problems to date.

I used OPODO to book by girlfriends flights from BKK-MAN return.

You can always try the airlines websites direct as well. There are lots of offers around at the moment.

good luck

Another thread had mentioned Blue and White Travel:

http://www.bluenwhite.com/

I haven't used them though.

I flew Air Asia BKK-HKT at Christmas. They charge extra for everything. Checkin baggage limit was 15 kilos and I had to pay about 50 USD each way for excess. I won't use them again.

Thanks for all info.

The, Bluenwhite website doesn't function properly. Its Thai run but doesn't look very efficient. I suspect it'll just bring up a 'call us' message when you try to book something.

Zuji - the HongKong website brought up some good deals. But BKK-HKG on AirAsia is never really cheap, so you don't save going the long way around. Yes, HKG-Macau can be done sometimes at around 40 gpb but you need to add on the Ferry costs and extra hassle.

Some other ways to get to Europe on the cheap that i found on the web..........

Condor.com : PHUKET-FRANKFURT at around 270 GBP (o/w) limited dates, one hour stop in MiddleEast. Can then connect to Stansted (STN) on RyanAir.

AirBerlin.com : BKK - Berlin / Dusseldorf / Munich depending on the day 250 GBP (o/w) some days

....Then, Dusseldorf - STN on Ryan Air. Unfortunately, these two 'charter' companies have quite late arrivals to Germay at about 7.00pm, meaning you can't connect to Ryanair's larger UK network.

.... Or, Munich - STN on Easy Jet

about 2-3 hour interval

It definately pays to hunt around yourself. Yesterday, they had BKK-Frankfurt on Kuwait at 13,900 bht All-in. Today, its at 16,100 Bht. Better than the 20,000 travel agent prices.

.....the Germans seem to have it good.

Oh... and Cathay have a deal to Paris at 3390 HKD...pretty cheap for that airline

• 4 weeks later...

When I have done it the opoosite way round I normally just email JK travel on soi 8 next to sunshine hotel. they send me a list of prices. What I have found is that as here prices vary quite a lot with demand season etc they seem to be more fixed if you buy from thailand

When I have done it the opoosite way round I normally just email JK travel on soi 8 next to sunshine hotel. they send me a list of prices. What I have found is that as here prices vary quite a lot with demand season etc they seem to be more fixed if you buy from thailand

i have used a site in the uk he was very helpful i its been good to me hope it might help some people

www.lazyvacations.co.uk

i have used a site in the uk he was very helpful i its been good to me hope it might help some people

www.lazyvacations.co.uk

out of business...

She always seems to find deals, at short notice too, back to UK. They are normally the smaller companies - Sri Lankan for instance, who dont seem to deal (or didn't before) with the big internet companies. I doubt you'd get the same deal going direct to these companies.

The problem is sometimes I am out of Pattaya, or even Thailand, and I need to sort these flights out.

I'l tell you what I do as we seem to be in similar situations.

I live in LOS but work abroad so my trips start in LOS...but I need to book them whilst away to make sure I get the dates I want.

I use Lee tour on Soi Post Office ( Kn Boon).

1. I contact him by email ( [email protected]) with my wish list.

2. He replies with the nearest to my needs and alternatives.

3. I reply with my final requirements.

4. I get an eticket sent to me confirming my booking.

5. When I get back to Patts I pop in and pay him cash...He will also accept a bank transfer but I don't fancy it...

Maybe not the cheapest but the most convenient for me..( Cos its an excuse to pop to Patts before driving home to KPPT!!)