IGNORED

2 stopovers - Etihad and Aer Lingus - baggage checked thru ?

Jumpin Jack Flash

I've just booked a return flight with Etihad and for the first time I have to do 2 stops on the way back (BKK to AUH, AUH to DUB, DUB to EDI).

Normally I get my baggage checked thru all the way to the final destination, but since I'll be switching to Aer Lingus at Dublin, I'm wondering if they'll still check it thru to Edinburgh.

Or will I have the hassle of collecting my luggage and checking in again for the final leg ?  I know Aer Lingus are partners with Etihad but does that mean they'll check it thru ?

I'd be very surprised if they didn't.

My guess is that it would be checked through all the way

Just out of interest how much time is there between your flight landing at Dublin and your flight taking off for Edinburgh.  That might be a good clue for you

54 minutes ago, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

I would too, but stranger things have happened. 

It's a strange and unpredictable world up there among the clouds. Onle a  week ago I tried to check in luggage from MSY via IAH to CDG and was given the BS by a (super arrogant) United desk clerk that Star Alliance members do not check-in luggage on Skyteam flight, WTF!!!

If its all on the same ticket it should be tagged for your final destination and will be transferred automatically in Dublin.

3 hours ago, blue1878 said:

My guess is that it would be checked through all the way

Just out of interest how much time is there between your flight landing at Dublin and your flight taking off for Edinburgh.  That might be a good clue for you

Its a 3 hour connection.

12 hours ago, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

Its a 3 hour connection.

I'm going to be positive(famous last words) and say that your luggage is going to be  checked in all the way thru.

3 hours might seem like a long time but with the other option at Dublin you would have to go through immigration and then wait for your luggage at the carousel.  And then make your way to the check in desks before they close for your onward flight to Edinburgh. I suppose its doable but I dont think you'll have to do it.

I did the same as yours by Aer Lingus/ Etihad from/to Bangkok and Dublin via Edinburgh and Abu Dhabi .... Just one check thru .... happy days

Archived