IGNORED

My recent trip to Laos.

Mr.DreamTransport

So I had to go to Laos to change my visa again. I will say this, there is nothing to do there lol. Everything is practically closed by 8 or 9, and all the late night spots are closed by midnight. Definitely not a fun place to go if your looking to party. The tuk tuk drivers there are really pushy, and do try and take you for a ride, financially. One of the other guys on the trip had told me that a driver wanted what equated to be 165baht for him to get taken on less then a 5 minute ride back to our hotel.

The hotel was so so, but had some really soft mattresses and pillows, so after getting in and eating breakfast, you tell yourself, " I'll just lay down for a few minutes", and you wake up 8-10 hours later lol. Rather than have a pool, they actually had a giant fish pond where I'm assuming the pool used to be. Had some big damn catfish in there along with some Koi and Carp. All in all, the pass times through immigration were mighty quick with the visa company, First Class Visa to be exact. Cost wasn't too bad either, taking care of your transport, your visa no matter what kind you are needing, and all acommodations came to about 9,000baht. So if its a long stay visa, well worth the money I think.

The guys that drove us, took us in the same vans that you would use for a Cambo run, the 12 seaters, but only piled about 7-8 of us in each one, fun guys to joke around with and make a decent amount of stops for food/drinks/bathrooms breaks. The drive there and the pass through for the visas on the first day was about 16 hours in all, then you crash at the hotel, wake up the next day, and your pretty much in and out with the visas ready to go, with a return time of about 10-12 hours, depending on traffic( which we got caught in the New Years travelers traffic here and there along with an accident or 2), and when you get back, they will even drop you right off at your front door, which I thought was pretty cool of them.

Like I said, there really wasn't much to do, but after about 2200, the girls start saying hi to you a bit more during your walks lol. They didn't even so much as have a 7-11 in the capitol city there, so without disrespecting Laos, I think most people agreed that Laos is what Pattaya must have been like 20-25 years ago. All the street signs were in French, so there was some serious French influence going on in the town, not quite sure where that came from if anyone knows let me know too lol.

Here are a few pics, nothing spectacular. Just some pics of the streets, Friendship Bridge and Mekong River, and a few of the temples. Enjoy

post-6586-1230773770_thumbjpg

post-6586-1230773823_thumbjpg

post-6586-1230773857_thumbjpg

post-6586-1230773888_thumbjpg

post-6586-1230773972_thumbjpg

post-6586-1230774013_thumbjpg

post-6586-1230774139_thumbjpg

Also, have used First Class Visa for my Cambo runs, really fast runs and comfortable to boot. Pretty reasonable on price, and can be found right inside the back of the Queen Vic on Soi6, hope that helps some of you guys out.

Thanks mate.

Did one visa run in 2007 from bkk to cambodia and not in a hury to go it again...............lol.

Not a great experience.

Would like to check out Lao so thats for the pics.