IGNORED

Exchanging currancy

Durks

Hi all do you know if any of the exchange booths have any problems with changing English £50 notes.Anybody had problems with this?

paul

2 minutes ago, Durks said:

Hi all do you know if any of the exchange booths have any problems with changing English £50 notes.Anybody had problems with this?

paul

No issues at all 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

No problem at all , if it tears a bit , you may have a problem .  The notes must be good . TT booth are the best for rates . 

31 minutes ago, bangna said:

Good condition, no tears or writing

As Bangna says; all legal tender in good condition are accepted. Just be sure to bring wads...you'll need it

• 8 months later...

Not faced any problems with normal banknotes in the bigger exchange shops.

Only some strange older notes, for example indian currancy, are limited.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 02/12/2019 at 04:02, Rdeavies said:

I didn't have problems exchanging in the past. If you are worried, do the exchange at the airport when you land.

Only if you want to get way less baht for your money...

I have more trouble getting clean £50 notes in the UK than changing them in Pattaya.

I have to order from my bank and still need to check them, any dirty ones are paid back into the account.

I've always brought £50 notes. I've never had any trouble exchanging them except when they brought in the new £50 notes a few years back and the exchange booths hadn't seen them before. I was told to go to a bank.

After a couple of days they had been told by their head offices and were ok then.

On 22/07/2018 at 18:52, Durks said:

paul

You'll not have any issues (with the usual caveat about tears and writing on them as already mentioned - which applies to all notes to be exchanged)

You are probably letting UK popular psyche cloud the issue as many times there the nifties are viewed as a pariah to the extent some places wont take them or else only after a 'steward's enquiry'.

• 7 months later...

I used SuperRich exchange and felt I got a very fair exchange rate. Made efforts to get crisp bills beforehand just in case because I’d heard currency exchanges were sticklers for bills that were dingy or worn looking. Very easy process and you are given paperwork to ensure accuracy. The only downside was that there may be a line during peak hours, so just plan for that. 

On 01/01/2020 at 00:59, regyai said:

You'll not have any issues (with the usual caveat about tears and writing on them as already mentioned - which applies to all notes to be exchanged)

Ink stamps on notes seems to be a thing now too.  I've had an Australian $50 refused because someone had stamped a smiley face on it with a rubber stamp. So definitely don't bring notes that have been defaced in any way at all.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png