Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bangkok Santika nightclub fire

Slapman

santika club, ekamai.

i know you rest of the world are out celebrating new years now, i just got home to the news and rang a few friends there.

not good, 54 dead so far and a few more may pass life in hospital.

just rang a nightclub hotty friend in bangers and she said it's a joint popular with hiso's and farangs.

edited.

heres who may have died.

santika_999.jpg

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=cqAI1XjuZk0

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=sxeFSFbrZX8

Edited by Alleycat

santika club, ekamai.

i know you rest of the world are out celebrating new years now, i just got home to the news and rang a few friends there.

not good, 53 dead so far.

Yes, just seen it on sky, terrible,

Worst start possible to the new year for some people. Just watched the video on You Tube, it looks terrible.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

I know there are a couple of bm's in bangers celebrating NYE. I hope they are safe and well.

This is fucked up and has happened too many times before. They need to regulate their fire exits in these places, the "thai way" can get people killed unfortunately.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

on the news they are saying the fire was caused by pyrotechnics used by the band on stage... will they ever learn.

same same Great White concert in the States some years back.

on the news they are saying the fire was caused by pyrotechnics used by the band on stage... will they ever learn.

same same Great White concert in the States some years back.

i remember that one, was it 59 killed ?.

it was as big as "dime bag" geting shot. about the same time.

i remember that one, was it 59 killed ?.

it was as big as "dime bag" geting shot. about the same time.

i think it was over 90 killed!

fire works in an enclosed space...you just have to shake your head!

Edited by lespaul5000

This is unbelievable. If it's one country that needs a break it's los. Very sad and a sad way to start the new year.

I just saw it on the news in The Netherlands tonight..Very sad to see...I hope the Thai will be able to identify all bodies.

post-14907-1230770642_thumbjpg

Edited by e-disco

Terrible news to wake up tp after a happy night here.

BBC report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7806658.stm

That seems to be suggesting an electrical cause COULD be the cause + the pyros but its yet to be proven and pyros in an indoor space is just crazy.

Santika is one of the biggest, and best know, clubs in Bangkok and to have only one exit door is not onl;y ridiculous but I would assume negligent too.

My heart gos out to the families of all who have l;ost their lives, Thai and tourist.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

The Great White show was over 90 killed. One of the guitarists died from memory. Its a stupid practice having pyro in an enclosed area. Sure, the thai's have had a rough time recently, but lets remember that most of these venues are not regulated properly and are not safe by western standards. Not taking away from the tragedy but this is a very sad fact.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Very sad indeed and not a great way to start the new years.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I've seen some horrible sites in my life, but for some reason the images of those suddenly lost lives wrapped in cotton is strangely horrific.

What a totally sad and fucked up thing to happen...to anyone....

My sincere condolences to all affected by this tragedy.

The Great White show was over 90 killed. One of the guitarists died from memory. Its a stupid practice having pyro in an enclosed area. Sure, the thai's have had a rough time recently, but lets remember that most of these venues are not regulated properly and are not safe by western standards. Not taking away from the tragedy but this is a very sad fact.

Why do you think its Pyro technics?.

Didnt read/hear anywhere what the true reason was for this tragic fire.

In our country the media are saying an electrical fault "MAY" be to blame....

When you see someone without a smile give them one of yours!

http://www.newzealand.com

What a terrible way to start 2009 for everyone involved. It is so sad to see all those people that went out to have a party ending up in a tragedy like this...

My condoleances to all families and friends that have lost their dear ones.

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

An horrific scene to all the people, who were involved in this tragedy.

It reminds me of a barfire in the same period here in Holland asome years ago.

Many people found death there as well on a NYE party.

My thoughts go out to the people involved in this tragedy.

Adrie.

There was an alternative exit, but this was mostly only known by the staff. Which I must admit is the normal case for most nightclubs.

And fires in nightclubs will kill people if it happens, it is not only specific for Thailand as recent years have show with fires in US, England, Sweden and Spain.

My thoughts goes out to the families and just hope this is a wake up call for people attending nightclubs. Makes sure the first thing you look out for is where the alternative exit is located, as everyone else will run to the main exit.

For the people who have not read the topic about Lucifer I suggest you have a read, can be found Lucifer

Why I push so hard for this, well it is my daily job and I know how bad it can be.

Dang... such a tragedy especially for NYE. Most just started the new year. Very tragic. My condolences to all those that are affected by this. Let just hope their lives were not lost in vain. Hopefully some major changes will come about to make it safer at other similar establishment.

"If she look good... do it!"

Why do you think its Pyro technics?.

Didnt read/hear anywhere what the true reason was for this tragic fire.

In our country the media are saying an electrical fault "MAY" be to blame....

From the AP story . . .

BANGKOK - A fire raced through a two-story nightclub packed with hundreds of well-heeled New Year's revelers early Thursday, killing at least 61 people as they stampeded to escape the raging flames.

More than 200 were injured, including 35 foreigners.

The cause of the fire in a Bangkok entertainment district was under investigation but several witnesses said a fireworks display during the New Year's countdown ignited the blaze.

Edited by arbiez

It is a very tragic news indeed...Hope that all clubs would look into the proper fire exits and the sprinkler system if any fire were to occur...

bplaa yai gin bplaa lek